EA Forums - Banner

The deep freeze...

Prev134
Yeah its been around 0-10 degrees here in PA. No complaints though good for snowboarding!

Replies

• brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    Agreed. It's way too cold to even come close to snowing. Frost in my hair this morning from my breath. Will have to wear a touque in the hot tub tonight!

And really, when they tell us it will be a HIGH of -22 you know we are done for.

But the canal is fully open!
  • KillerBlanks
    37 posts
    edited January 2013
    In Denver we had a couple of weeks where it didn't get above freezing. Today though...almost 70. Should be nice.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    No thanks.

The forecast here calls for 1/4" of freezing rain on Friday. I think I'll pass on Homer not being able to leave home to work at the plant!
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    Get your cozy clothes! We are going skating!

P1jdvcc.jpg
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I invade in 2 days? :twisted:
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Ouch, that is cold. We were just -19 Celsius in Chicago, but back up to a balmy -4 and low of -14 C today, I can live with that.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Get your cozy clothes! We are going skating!

P1jdvcc.jpg

I'm happy I took my daughter skating yesterday evening. Kind of dreading if she asks to go again tonight...
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Herm412 wrote:
    Yeah its been around 0-10 degrees here in PA. No complaints though good for snowboarding!

Actually, when its this cold, I find that its no good to ski. The extreme cold kills all the glide.
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013

You do? In an evil way? Or just a visit?
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013

You do? In an evil way? Or just a visit?

Depends, do you have hot chocolate and marshmallows?
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Of course there's hot chocolate and marshmallows. Beaver Tails too. It is Ottawa we're talking aboot here.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, in that case, friendly invasion!
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    Oh, Beaver Tails! Totally worth freezing my own tail off for.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Of course there's hot chocolate and marshmallows. Beaver Tails too. It is Ottawa we're talking aboot here.

I had no idea what you meant with Beaver Tails. But Google educated me.

20110825-102002.jpg
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013

I had no idea what you meant with Beaver Tails. But Google educated me.

20110825-102002.jpg

Really, how can you go wrong. Freshly fried dough, covered in toppings like chocolate, cinnamon or maple (the best).

Of course, the problem is you always get the topping all over your gloves, jacket, scarf, hat, skates....
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thats nothing its at least -2 here (england) now thats cold! lol :mrgreen: :lol::lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dondono69
    38 posts
    edited January 2013
    The cold temps here are making my game freeze up more. :P :lol:
  • lak000987
    216 posts
    edited January 2013
    Really, how can you go wrong. Freshly fried dough, covered in toppings like chocolate, cinnamon or maple (the best).

Of course, the problem is you always get the topping all over your gloves, jacket, scarf, hat, skates....

Ooooooh, that does sound good. I've always been a fan of summertime street-fair zeppoli and funnel cakes, but beaver tails look and sound even better because of all that messy goo.

Here, in the wintertime, most vendors are selling hot dogs boiled in dirty water, or maybe a lukewarm "hot" pretzel. If you're very, very lucky, though, you might find a vendor selling roasted nuts that smell as good as they taste. Mmmmmm.

It's a balmy 14 degrees Fahrenheit here (that's -10 Celsius for everyone else in the world), with a low of only 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12 Celsius). It's practically shorts weather!

I actually did see a dumba$$ running errands in shorts this weekend. I seriously wanted to ****-slap him.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lak000987 wrote:

Ooooooh, that does sound good. I've always been a fan of summertime street-fair zeppoli and funnel cakes, but beaver tails look and sound even better because of all that messy goo.

Here, in the wintertime, most vendors are selling hot dogs boiled in dirty water, or maybe a lukewarm "hot" pretzel. If you're very, very lucky, though, you might find a vendor selling roasted nuts that smell as good as they taste. Mmmmmm.

It's a balmy 14 degrees Fahrenheit here (that's -10 Celsius for everyone else in the world), with a low of only 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12 Celsius). It's practically shorts weather!

I actually did see a dumba$$ running errands in shorts this weekend. I seriously wanted to ****-slap him.

When I took my daughter to karate last night it was 16F. I saw a woman (yes, woman- not a 13 year old girl) come out of the grocery store in pajama pants and a sweat jacket with sparkly wings on the back. :shock:
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lak000987 wrote:

I do not know what it is, but I really hate those people as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.