EA Forums - Banner

Petition Time Again

Prev13
I think it's time for us to voice our frustration with the way EA is treating us with their new bundle idea.

I like that newer players, cheaper players & frugal players have the opportunity to get some premium items on the cheap but it shouldn't be JUST FOR THEM. Freedom the hawk & the presidential estate was bundled together and they didn't offer us who had the house freedom. They could've bundled the 2 together & offered the hawk & house separately. The new players get 2 for the discount, we get our hawk or house.

This Halloween is even worse. New players get bundles worth 200-300 donuts for 100-200 but anyone with one of the items in these bundles miss out on everything. Like before, if you have none of the items give them the discount but don't exclude us. I don't have a ghost zapper, I'd buy one or two. I don't have any of the Halloween ghouls (last year tappables) but they're all (or most) bundled. Burns monster I'll be excluded from because I have devil Flanders.

If you agree sign here. We've had some luck in the past.

Replies

• how about a 'build your own' bundle... choose 3 items from the choices offered for X number of donuts (and if you already have one/more of the unique items in the list, they just don't show up as choices for you to pick).
  • Signed!
  • Yeah, I agree with OP. What I found odd is that this issue seems a reflection, not of EA’s greed, but rather of their laziness. They seem to be foregoing the opportunity to get more of our money. Puzzling.
  • I appreciate you and others frustration over the bundles. In my opinion there is a much bigger issue long overdue petition plea: EA please fix NEIGHBOOR VIST CRASHING

Maybe the community has rallied, grew weary and gave up? Alas I am not going to tell you or others what to say it's your voice, your forum, and wish you the best.
  • 1ahackamacka
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Agreed. Make items in the bundles available to everyone
  • Agreed. I don't mind paying full price for individual items.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Signed
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I appreciate you and others frustration over the bundles. In my opinion there is a much bigger issue long overdue petition plea: EA please fix NEIGHBOOR VIST CRASHING

Maybe the community has rallied, grew weary and gave up? Alas I am not going to tell you or others what to say it's your voice, your forum, and wish you the best.

I definitely have bigger issue with crashing than bundles. I have played this game for years and only in past year I think has there been all this crashing. The bundles I think it would be a but much to release every permutation, but I do know that a few bundles coming out have more than 1 version. I think the issue is mostly with 3-4 item bundles of old item re-releases, there would be many permutations of what people have. I do suppose in theory though they could code every permutations and try to figure out fair pricing...although I think more realistic solution is not to do 3-4 item bundles with unique items.
  • There's a simple solution and I have no idea why EA hasn't implemented this yet:
    • Offer bundles to anyone who doesn't have any of the items in the bundle
    • SELL THE ITEMS SEPARATELY FOR THOSE WHO DO!
    It's honestly not that hard EA... :/
  • signed
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    It's more money for EA to sell the items separately , that's what so bafflingly.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Signed
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Echo0006 wrote: »
    There's a simple solution and I have no idea why EA hasn't implemented this yet:

I think the issue with that is the discount on the bundle outweighs the ability to sell individually. The ability to offer a discount with the bundle does not translate to being able to sell at a discount individually. then people will complain about the individual pricing...or people who dont want the bundle and just want individual items will complain about only being offered the bundle

i do understand what you are saying, i think it is just a pricing issue...i am specifically talking about 3+ item bundles
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    Echo0006 wrote: »
    There's a simple solution and I have no idea why EA hasn't implemented this yet:

I think the issue with that is the discount on the bundle outweighs the ability to sell individually. The ability to offer a discount with the bundle does not translate to being able to sell at a discount individually. then people will complain about the individual pricing...or people who dont want the bundle and just want individual items will complain about only being offered the bundle

i do understand what you are saying, i think it is just a pricing issue...i am specifically talking about 3+ item bundles

They can sell the bundle at a discount then separate items at a higher price. They don't need to discount the individual purchases. Just let us get the item we want instead of nothing.
    Even though it should be discounted for those who paid full price for previous items. Lol
  • Some of the returning items are things that were free in previous events. I try to look at it as antique shopping. Would you expect to get an item that was once a free promo item -free from the merchant now? If you don't want to pay for it..don't buy it and go home without it.

Bundled items I look at as just that..they should be a deal because the buyer overall is spending more...individually the item would be higher. And how upset can one be really if someone else bought something 'On Sale'?

But not offering items at all to certain buyers is some crazy *** marketing, IMO.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I want the cemetery badly. And I guess the Krusty Doll and Bart Raven. It sux that this is the only time of the year when they are available. If they don't get to it now, I hope they can offer these things (including all the Mayan stuff) for Black Friday.
  • C0rgano wrote: »
    how about a 'build your own' bundle... choose 3 items from the choices offered for X number of donuts (and if you already have one/more of the unique items in the list, they just don't show up as choices for you to pick).

yes, it works, when buy a 3 for $9.99 i dont just have to choose Coca-Cola i can choose 7-up or Sprite, it works with sodas it should work with sprinkly donut items.

i approve and agree.
  • I'm not going to sign this time. If EA wants us to part with our sprinkles then they must know what to do. As it is I'm not interested nor exactly angry that I'm missing out.

I came in here because I want to buy my Witch Marge cauldron. When they offered her this event they forget to also offer the cauldron separate. So, kinda similar to OP....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I was frustrated with the Freedom/Presidential Estate bundle too. I had really wanted Freedom, only to find I couldn't get him this time around. Because I bought the Estate when it was first offered in 2015.

I'm hoping EA might offer him in a Yard Sale or on Black Friday - not bundled - so that those of us who ended up feeling penalized for buying the Estate in 2015 (when it was offered on its own) can get Freedom.

As for bundles - I think that it's great to offer the items bundled at a discounted price. The problem is that they are including unique items in the bundles. As said above, a solution would be to offer the items separately AS WELL at a slightly higher price. That way people can still get the items they want and those who don't have any of the items can still get the deal.

Or they could offer bundles that contain limited time, non-unique items. And do the unique items separately.

:)
  • Can I suggest that title is changed to reflect the cause? If I was an EA rep I might just skip this thread since it looks like a petition for the sake of a petition instead of an actual change that should be made so as to not exclude players and increase EA revenue in the process. Maybe try "Petition: Players should be able to buy bundle items separately" or something shorter if that's too long to be fully displayed as a title.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!