EA Forums - Banner

Farming question

Prev13
Just wondering for those who farm. What % and $ amount would be worth trying to farm. I am only at 157% (showing, I do have most of the SH buildings placed.) I also have almost $13 million.
I just want to know if this is worth my time right now or if I should wait.

Replies

• Wait.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    it doesnt matter when you farm, if you anticipate your % will go up and/or you dont need the bonuts then wait. if you want to know my advice for farming, IM me. i dont like to post too much about the technicals of farming on the forum, as i would like to maintain efforts from it being overly abused to the point it ruins it for all of us (as they gave us all a scare earlier in the event)...for some of us long term players it is the main reason we are still tapping after finishing every level
  • You need to be at level 939 to get the bonuts game when you clear the XP bar, otherwise you will only get 1 donut.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    You need to be at level 939 to get the bonuts game when you clear the XP bar, otherwise you will only get 1 donut.

This is true but I can't imagine waiting to get to level 939 before farming. I am only at that level because I farmed.
  • You need to be at level 939 to get the bonuts game when you clear the XP bar, otherwise you will only get 1 donut.

I started farming before then and it was a bit more enjoyable without any major difference in overall donuts earnings since you get two donuts per 1,000,000 XP and it feels more beneficial since you can see your levels increasing so I'd recommend starting before level 939 but then again I had a higher bonus % so I'm not sure about your case OP, maybe try it for a day first just keep records of your money and donut levels at the beginning and end of the 24 hours.

• Just wondering for those who farm. What % and $ amount would be worth trying to farm. I am only at 157% (showing, I do have most of the SH buildings placed.) I also have almost $13 million.
    I just want to know if this is worth my time right now or if I should wait.

what level are you now?

• Due to the way the math of farming works you should start now.

If you start farming now each donut will cost you < 10,000 dollars. If you wait it will cost you > 500,000 per donut.
  • Wait.
    evant13579 wrote: »
    it doesnt matter when you farm, if you anticipate your % will go up and/or you dont need the bonuts then wait. if you want to know my advice for farming, IM me. i dont like to post too much about the technicals of farming on the forum, as i would like to maintain efforts from it being overly abused to the point it ruins it for all of us (as they gave us all a scare earlier in the event)...for some of us long term players it is the main reason we are still tapping after finishing every level
    You need to be at level 939 to get the bonuts game when you clear the XP bar, otherwise you will only get 1 donut.
    jamesj9371 wrote: »
    Due to the way the math of farming works you should start now.

If you start farming now each donut will cost you < 10,000 dollars. If you wait it will cost you > 500,000 per donut.

Ignore everything above there is some very bad info there. James I would love an explanation as to what you mean by 10,000 to 500,0000

Okay 6roman everyone should be doing basic KEM farming irregardless of any other factors. Placing 25 KEM every 4 hours is the way to go. If struggling for cash you simply reduce the number of KEM per 4 hours.

When you switch on your XP collider I covered in another thread I will check the numbers and add them later.

Any specific questions just send me PM.
  • Wait.

Ignore everything above there is some very bad info there. James I would love an explanation as to what you mean by 10,000 to 500,0000

Okay 6roman everyone should be doing basic KEM farming irregardless of any other factors. Placing 25 KEM every 4 hours is the way to go. If struggling for cash you simply reduce the number of KEM per 4 hours.

When you switch on your XP collider I covered in another thread I will check the numbers and add them later.

I just think it's better to save your cash for when he has a bigger %. 15× isn't going to get him a lot of donuts with 13 million dollars. But to each their own.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Wait.

there are different types of farming, jabba spends a lot of time just farming, in fact his entire town is just a farm. if you are just looking to save up cash and convert to bonuts, that is different than doing something that requires you do be on your device every 4 hours. not everybody wants to farm every 4 hours.

if you are looking to start a farm, then it is very basic advice, nothing fancy that requires any extensive skill/knowledge, it is quite simple and any dimwit can do it...so ignore jabba's showboating quoting everybody who replied in the thread saying to ignore them all and that it is all bad info.

if you are just looking to convert cash into bonuts, that is different. same basic principal, but it depends if you want to do it quickly (which most people do who value their time) or those who want to squeeze out every donut they can (which would require more time, but greater payoff). would be happy to IM further details. not rocket science once you get the basics.

as opposed to jabba, i think many have discretion in terms of how much detail they post on EA forum about donut farming. dont let one spoiled/bragging player ruin it for all of us who actually put effort into playing this game than just maintaining a massive farm.
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    Wait.

there are different types of farming, jabba spends a lot of time just farming, in fact his entire town is just a farm. if you are just looking to save up cash and convert to bonuts, that is different than doing something that requires you do be on your device every 4 hours. not everybody wants to farm every 4 hours.

if you are looking to start a farm, then it is very basic advice, nothing fancy that requires any extensive skill/knowledge, it is quite simple and any dimwit can do it...so ignore jabba's showboating quoting everybody who replied in the thread saying to ignore them all and that it is all bad info.

if you are just looking to convert cash into bonuts, that is different. same basic principal, but it depends if you want to do it quickly (which most people do who value their time) or those who want to squeeze out every donut they can (which would require more time, but greater payoff). would be happy to IM further details. not rocket science once you get the basics.

as opposed to jabba, i think many have discretion in terms of how much detail they post on EA forum about donut farming. dont let one spoiled/bragging player ruin it for all of us who actually put effort into playing this game than just maintaining a massive farm.

Harsh but true.

• I just think it's better to save your cash for when he has a bigger %. 15× isn't going to get him a lot of donuts with 13 million dollars. But to each their own.

I understand your point but for the question asked your answer is too simplified and actually incorrect for that reason.

He asked should he start farming? The answer is always yes upto 25 KEM every 4 hours if he will remain cash neutral or cash increasing each day.

If he can afford this and still increase his cash then he can choose to save the cash until he has a higher multiplier as you suggest. If he is focused on spending his donuts to increase his multiplier then he shouldn't wait and should farm max donuts now and convert to keep increasing his %.
  • Wait.

I just think it's better to save your cash for when he has a bigger %. 15× isn't going to get him a lot of donuts with 13 million dollars. But to each their own.

really depends on how often you can check in to clear/reset ... even with the OPs %, you can gain 1-2 levels every four hours with just 25 kems; and have virtually no impact to your cash supply (assuming you aren't already at the max level)
  • C0rgano wrote: »
    Wait.

really depends on how often you can check in to clear/reset ... even with the OPs %, you can gain 1-2 levels every four hours with just 25 kems; and have virtually no impact to your cash supply (assuming you aren't already at the max level)

Yeah but seeing how he has such a low % and small income...the 25 donuts he'll spend to run the xp collider will be all he can afford. He didn't specify how long it took him to get 13 million but with a small % I'd assume a week or two.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited October 2016

I understand your point but for the question asked your answer is too simplified and actually incorrect for that reason.

He asked should he start farming? The answer is always yes upto 25 KEM every 4 hours if he will remain cash neutral or cash increasing each day.

If he can afford this and still increase his cash then he can choose to save the cash until he has a higher multiplier as you suggest. If he is focused on spending his donuts to increase his multiplier then he shouldn't wait and should farm max donuts now and convert to keep increasing his %.

jabba is incorrect here, not everybody is cash neutral or making money buying and selling 25 KEM every 4 hours. first, you lose 75% of what you spend buying and selling, so not everybody is making enough to outweigh that cost. then assuming you have to click the box to get 3 donuts (which you dont, but on average you will only end up with 2 bonuts per level if you dont) also costs money. then he is assuming they have their XP collider on 24/7, which costs donuts to have on

im not saying jabba's advice is not good, im just saying that what he is describing may not fit/work for everybody. was just being a bit scathing here because he came in the thread attacking everybody else who gave advice and then implied only his way was correct.
  • C0rgano wrote: »
    Wait.

Yeah but seeing how he has such a low % and small income...the 25 donuts he'll spend to run the xp collider will be all he can afford. He didn't specify how long it took him to get 13 million but with a small % I'd assume a week or two.

using myself as an example, my % is only about 175%, and even with that, I can easily make back the 25 donuts it costs for the 10 day xp charge in a couple of days, and after that it's all profit... the only thing that puts any real dent in my $$ supply is if I buy bloodmobiles for a fast jump of levels above and beyond what I get from the kems.... (I started out with just trying a single-day xp boost as a trial, and found it works quite well even at my % level).

but like you said, to each their own. The farming technique works best if you can regularly check in every 4 hours, and not everyone can manage that.
  • jamesj9371 wrote: »

It's simple the first farming KEM costs cash 220, and the last costs cash 14400 which is 65 times more. A person who starts farming now will have more rounds of building KEMs, thus more KEMs that are 65 times cheaper.

Doing the math on the OP's percentage gets the rough numbers that I posted.
  • Only level 108.
  • I have never farmed and never will. Yes farming can get you ahead of the game with plenty of cash and even save on obtaining donuts. Small farming is ok providing its neatly done and tucked into some corner but large farming is so ugly and I steer away from those neighbours with large farms. One neighbour has so many kems I had to slide 5 times across the screen to get past them.
    But that's just my opinion regarding farming.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Start the farm. Build no more then 25 at a time or less if you need to do so in order to maintain even or even slightly positive cash gain. It's well worth it to start before level 939. 1 donut per 500K XP is basically the same as what a level 939 player will average out at opening a box per 1 mill XP