EA Forums - Banner

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prev1
Beer, the cause and solution of all life's problems.

Replies

• GldnMan
    252 posts
    edited January 2013
    Based on the subject, I thought you passed out on your keyboard...lollllllllllllllllllllll
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    ThomasK323 wrote:

I prefer the Belgian Ales myself. Not into the German beers for the most part, and definitely not the main American ones, but the microbrews are nice. I do love Sierra Nevada
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    that's a proven fact, what about TSTO related?
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

I prefer the Belgian Ales myself. Not into the German beers for the most part, and definitely not the main American ones, but the microbrews are nice. I do love Sierra Nevada

Ooooo yes, I have had a couple Sierra Nevada beers before, but they are hellishly expensive over here in New Zealand. Stone Brewings Smoked Porter is one of my Fav American beers, otherwise I just stick to IPA's, APA's etc, or just drink my own home brew :D
  • kcartagena85
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

Agreed! Belgian Ales and microbrews are de-light-ful....said as I sit here drinking left hand brewing co. 'wake the dead' imperial stout
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

Ooooo yes, I have had a couple Sierra Nevada beers before, but they are hellishly expensive over here in New Zealand. Stone Brewings Smoked Porter is one of my Fav American beers, otherwise I just stick to IPA's, APA's etc, or just drink my own home brew :D

So does that mean you brew moonshine, or do buy a cheap kit that tells you how to brew it, because if it solves all of lifes problems, it wouldn't come out of your cooking pans, it would come straight from heaven :roll:
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    P003htb wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

So does that mean you brew moonshine, or do buy a cheap kit that tells you how to brew it, because if it solves all of lifes problems, it wouldn't come out of your cooking pans, it would come straight from heaven :roll:

No, I started on kit and kilo years ago, now I have migrated to all grain brewing. I have turned into a beer geek in my old age :lol:
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Sierra Nevada
    Samuel Adams, Boston lager
    Guinness
  • mattmcguire3
    50 posts
    edited January 2013
    do they sell coopers ales anywhere else other than australia? my favourite
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I only drink beer for the second half of a concert/sporting event/family gathering when that is all there is available to keep my pre-going-out buzz going. I just never acquired the taste for it. But a nice, dry Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon... now we're talking!
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    do they sell coopers ales anywhere else other than australia? my favourite

Yeah they sell them over here in NZ bro, not sure if they have made it any further though
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

Yes, Seirra Nevada is pretty good.

Dogfish and Alaskan Amber are also good.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    Sierra Nevada
    Samuel Adams, Boston lager
    Guinness

You only listed one beer. Sam Adams ain't it, and Mothers Milk is probably the best Stout around.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh, very nice, so many people with good taste in beer here! Yes, I bet Sierra is expensive in New Zealand, makes sense. Stone makes a great beer. Dogfish is good to, and I think I have had Left Hand, cannot remember. Agreed, I love my IPA and love Pale Ale as well. But I have had good of every type.

Have done some home brewing myself, but nothing too complicated, and has been awhile.

Spiff, gladly partake in a nice Cabernet, will pass on a Chardonay, but a nice dry Reisling and I am in.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Blue moon....mmmmmm

Is there anyone out there?
  • thetorreys
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Wine may be devine, but Liquor is quicker! Long Beach Ice Tea with Cuervo in a Big Girl Glass! :wink:
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited January 2013
    It's a coopers pale ale, or it's nothing!!. IMO :lol:
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    am4692 wrote:

Although I do prefer coopers to generally any generic lager(Heineken,carlsburg, Stella etc etc) I do like my beers with plenty of hops :!:
    APA's IPA's and IIpa's are what I crave ATM, Epic do some great beers here in NZ, Armageddon and Hop Zombie are fantastic :twisted:
  • fragrlr0ck
    88 posts
    edited January 2013
    I’ve never done the IPA thing. I prefer dark, muddy, beers – mostly porters and stouts.

But nothing beats a good single barrel bourbon. Always bourbon.
  • mattmcguire3
    50 posts
    edited January 2013
    am4692 wrote:

i like the way you think
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!