EA Forums - Banner

Songs that trigger emotions & memories ?

Prev13
Two Princes by the Spin Doctors always reminds me of my childhood bestest friend. we listened to it on repeat for about 3 months because that's what 14-year-old girls do.

The Joker by Steve Miller Band brings back youth group road trips in a big ol' church van. Ironic, I know, with all the lyrics about toking. We were Jebus Rebels. :twisted:

Replies

• mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Pearl Jam's Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town always makes me think of sitting in my daughter's room at 3 in the morning, singing to her in the hopes of getting her back to sleep.

Actually, I have a slew of songs like that, since I've never sung traditional lullabies to my kids, but Elderly Woman is the the clear winner.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Two Princes by the Spin Doctors always reminds me of my childhood bestest friend. we listened to it on repeat for about 3 months because that's what 14-year-old girls do.

The Joker by Steve Miller Band brings back youth group road trips in a big ol' church van. Ironic, I know, with all the lyrics about toking. We were Jebus Rebels. :twisted:

I'm going to youtube those songs when I get home, but I'm assuming you grew up in the 1970s? :) Wish I spent my childhood in that era where kids go outside and play, it seems with technology that doesn't exist hahah!
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    Pearl Jam's Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town always makes me think of sitting in my daughter's room at 3 in the morning, singing to her in the hopes of getting her back to sleep.

Actually, I have a slew of songs like that, since I've never sung traditional lullabies to my kids, but Elderly Woman is the the clear winner.

Cherish those moments because kids grow up so fast! Ahh, I also remember when my mom sung lullabies and tickle me after lol
  • Stoopidmonkey85
    21 posts
    edited January 2013
    I touch myself by the divinyls. Reminds me of my ex :(
  • tomdakota
    55 posts
    edited January 2013
    My heart will go on - Celine Dion

Reminds me of an ex ... :(

Damn her and her powerful voice!!
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited January 2013
    Snowbird by Anne Murray.. reminds me of my mom. 8 yr's since she passed but this song always gets me.. :cry:
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    I touch myself by the divinyls. Reminds me of my ex :(

For a second i thought the part where you said "I touch myself" related to you rather than the song

Lol, we all have that one song designated towards the Ex :(
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

I'm going to youtube those songs when I get home, but I'm assuming you grew up in the 1970s? :) Wish I spent my childhood in that era where kids go outside and play, it seems with technology that doesn't exist hahah!

Two Princes is from the early 90s and made a group of session musicians one-hit wonders.

• Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    tomdakota wrote:
    My heart will go on - Celine Dion

Reminds me of an ex ... :(

Damn her and her powerful voice!!

I haven't heard it but I can tell its probably filled with lovey emotions that would certainly spark that thought of the ex :"(
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    Snowbird by Anne Murray.. reminds me of my mom. 8 yr's since she passed but this song always gets me.. :cry:

May she RIP (L)
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    hmmm indrani ;)

LOL :mrgreen:
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Two Princes is from the early 90s and made a group of session musicians one-hit wonders.

OH, lol fail on my part! Thanks for the tip :)
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    hmmm indrani ;)

LOL :mrgreen:

LMFAO! Good times!
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Actually, I grew up in the 80's (born in the late 70's), but my brothers and I were definitely play outside kids. We had an Atari 2600, but there was only one TV in the house so the Atari was only for rainy days. Most of the time we were out on our bikes, exploring the woods behind the house or playing kickball in the street. We went outside even in the middle of the crazy Buffalo-style winter!
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

Actually, I grew up in the 80's (born in the late 70's), but my brothers and I were definitely play outside kids. We had an Atari 2600, but there was only one TV in the house so the Atari was only for rainy days. Most of the time we were out on our bikes, exploring the woods behind the house or playing kickball in the street. We went outside even in the middle of the crazy Buffalo-style winter!

Oh okay. Seems like you've had an adventurous childhood! Even though I was born in 1994 - there were times where me and my dad would go fishing, sometimes I would catch little lizards and keep them as a pet LOL.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

I remember those days... spent so much time outside my blonde hair was sunbleached golden, mom called me a toe head? Staying in the house was a punishment.. now it seems the coin has flipped..
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    I remember those days... spent so much time outside my blonde hair was sunbleached golden, mom called me a toe head? Staying in the house was a punishment.. now it seems the coin has flipped..

Hear, hear. (I was a toe head too. )
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The fray- how to save a life, remembers me that I have lost already so many friends- so young :cry: Its a song they play a lot on funerals here
  • kennedy6988
    225 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I was going to say 'Eastbound and Down' by Jerry Reed, but after some further consideration I've decided to go with 'Landslide' by Fleetwood Mac. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!