EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #9: THOH 2016: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT II

Prev13
Here we are once more guys!! It's Hallowe'en, where I go through another month of explaining why I write (or type) Hallowe'en with that little apostrophe between the two "e" letters! As usual, I'll be adding an Event Calendar in both picture and text form, as well as any Maths Breakdowns, hints and tips that come up during the event. So if you have any smart trick or treats for us (oh man, I'm so proud of that one!!), please add them here and I'll collect them on the front page!!

I'd also like to ask that you practice patience if there are any issues that come up because of the change in forum set-up. I'm sure it will all be okay and if there are any problems they will be quickly solved and arise through my own stupidity more than anything, but please bear in mind that I'm on the nay list of who likes the new set-up, and am still learning how to perform the things I used to do.

Also, because I can no longer add notes to my bookmarks, and count the Event Threads I have created, I've tried to implement a system to replace this into the thread titles. If it's not working, is confusing, or you have a better idea, please PM me, DON'T RESPOND HERE, and I'll have a look at your idea! :)

Act I Strategy Thread:
https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/82101/event-thread-9-thoh-2016-q-a-and-strategy-thread-act-i/p1

Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Direwolf has created a thread to show you how to rectify this issue.
Please check this at the start of every event
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9765499.page

I've also provided links to all of LPNintendo's various threads on this event, which covers anything not covered here.
Thanks to Aidx for collecting these together.
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Crafting

How to Earn Obols:
    1. Trick or Treat Jobs
    2. Tapping Feral Animals
    3. MAG Points
    4. Clapboardss
    5. Daily Challenges (Random Chance)

Trick or Treaters
    Bart Simpson-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Squeaky-Voiced Teen-2 Obol & 40 Clapboards
    Milhouse-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Martin-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Nelson-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Ralph-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Rod-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Shauna-2 Obol & 40 Clapboards
    Sherri & Terri-2 Obol & 40 Clapboards

Feral Animal Spawn Rate
    TBC

Clapboards Characters
    Space Mutant
    Suzanne the Witch
    Count Burns
    Booberella

Fighting Monsters
    (150 Clapboards Each)
    Apu
    Krusty
    Skinner
    Cletus
    Crazy Iguana Lady
    Groundskeeper Willie
    Comic Book Guy
    Reverend Lovejoy
    Marge
    Space Marshmallow

Amount of Obols needed to Increase Crafting Level
    Cumulative Amount-Per Level Amount
    Level 2- 30 Obols-30 Obols
    Level 3- 90 Obols-60 Obols
    Level 4- 170 Obols-90 Obols
    Level 5- 270 Obols-100 Obols
    Level 6-485 Obols-215 Obols
    Level 7- 765 Obols-280 Obols
    Level 8- 1,070 Obols-305 Obols
    Level 9- 1,375 Obols-305 Obols
    Level 10-1,690 Obols-315 Obols
    Level 11-2,180 Obols-490 Obols
    Level 12-2,760 Obols-580 Obols
    Level 13-3,425 Obols-665 Obols
    Level 14- 4,055 Obols-630 Obols??
    Level 15-5,200 Obols-1,145 Obols

MAG Points-Obol Crafting Ratio
    igAcYyBl.jpg
    Compiled by @nedimaz and Muhsterino, edited by AOFIGO009
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Event Tactics-A Basic Overview
    Spend those Obol Coins on crafting items that reward you MAG Points, as this will get you more Trick or Treat Jobs, getting you even more Obols, and Clapboards too. A very important thing to note is that to get the MAG Points from the crafting, you first have to note that you only get MAG Points from a certain amount of each item, for example, the first 8 Iron Fences will net you some MAG Points, while some items you craft, mostly the re-released items, won't give you any MAG Points at all.

Event Tactics-An In-Depth Look
    According to very complicated Maths undertaken by Becker, it's possible to complete Act I completely Freemium. It requires four visits per day in 4-hour intervals, plus neighbour visits (actually 3.6, so if you miss a couple of visits it should be ok). It's worth noting however, that the following common extras are not included in this calculation, meaning many people will probably have even more leeway than that: A bonus for a second fighter in monster battles, having Squeeky Voiced Teen, unlocking Trick-or-Treating jobs early, Daily Challenges, or extra Feral Monsters accumulated between 4 hours and reaching the limit in your town (except overnight).

All-in-all, a manageable event with plenty of wiggle room with these additional currency sources. Just visit regularly and it'll work out fine.

Becker is willing to post the calculations if anyone's interested, but you can probably manage with just the Event Currency Calendar and MAG Targets. Based on proportional crafting currency earnings, we should unlock Ralph's Trick-or-Treating task at the end of Act I, and we need to accumulate 250 MAG points from craftables to get there. That might be 8 Iron Fences and 5 Gargoyle Fences, or any other combination of craftables that grant the required MAG points. Although this route is the most cost-effective, Obol-wise, as per a post I'm going to find in a moment! The rest of the MAG points should come from Act I prizes.

Unlike with the Main Prize Track, you can jump ahead on the MAG prizes with additional craftables if you've the crafting currency (craft new items only - returning items don't give MAG points) and this'll help in Act II, even if you don't get far enough to unlock the next kid's job.

Combined Calendar - Event Currency/MAG Points
    October 4 - Event Start (for most people)
    October 5 - 3408 Clapboards---137 MAG Points---Milhouse's Task Unlocked
    October 6 - 6816 Clapboards---Town Square---274 MAG Points
    October 7 - 10,224 Clapboards---Bell Tower---411 MAG Points---Martin's Task Unlocked
    October 8 - 13,632 Clapboards---Crafting Currency---548 MAG Points
    October 9 - 17,040 Clapboards---685 MAG Points---Event Currency
    October 10 - 20,448 Clapboards---Burns' Crypt---822 MAG Points
    October 11 - 23,856 Clapboards---959 MAG Points---Nelson's task
    October 12 - 27,264 Clapboards---1096 MAG Points
    October 13 - 30,672 Clapboards---Burns' Castle---1233 MAG Points---Medieval Gate
    October 14 - 34,080 Clapboards---Crafting Currency---1370 MAG Points
    October 15 - 37,488 Clapboards---1507 MAG Points---Event Currency
    October 16 - 40,896 Clapboards---1644 MAG Points
    October 17 - 44,300 Clapboards---Space Marshmallow---1780 MAG Points---Ralph's task
    Complied by @00becker, edited by AOFIGO009
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • Before anybody says, I know some of this is wrong, but I can't get the information until the 4-hour cycle is finished. Can anybody post the right stuff before then please?
  • baksinengl89
    802 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Sherri and Terri now have a premium job for Trick and Treating, they payout 40 Clapboards like the teen.

Also you can get 2 Obols for tapping on the rats now.

The rats also give out 10 Clapboards every time you tap on them.

Fighters added are Reverend Lovejoy, Marge, Comic Book Guy, Willie and Skinner.

There is red type worm that requires 3 fighters to beat, if you are lucky to get it. It gives out 255 Clapboards when you beat it.
    Post edited by baksinengl89 on
  • baiclaer
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Shauna trick or treats now too. 40 clapboards 2 obols

Any one know if there are more characters to "set up training exercises" like space mutant, booberella, Suzanne and count burns?
  • In addition to trick and treaters you now have Sherri and Terri = 2 obols and 40 clapboards
    And Shauna = 2 obols and 40 clapboards.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Top posts updated guys...... if you're still there......
  • Will you be updating the combined calendar and MAG points needed for act 2?
  • Are the monsters you get just luck of the draw? So far I've had only 2 of the red/brown monsters. And currently just have blue. I have had several yellow though.
  • Will you be updating the combined calendar and MAG points needed for act 2?

If @00becker is able to provide an update to that calendar, then I'll be happy to replace the one currently posted. However if you would just like the Event Calendar, detailing how much Clapboards you need by the end of each day, in the first post is a link to LPN's calendar for the whole event. I used to put that information here, but I think most people just use LPN's calendar so there's no point me recreating the information. If you want the information here, let me know.
    Are the monsters you get just luck of the draw? So far I've had only 2 of the red/brown monsters. And currently just have blue. I have had several yellow though.

It seems they are completely luck of the draw I'm afraid. If they worked any differently, somebody would have figured it out by now, or we'd at least still be talking about it on the Strategy Thread. Or somebody else. We've had a lot of people ignoring this thread's existence this event and just making their own thread for every question they have, which unhelpfully clogs up the forum.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    See below for a combined calendar (event currency and MAG points) for Act Two. Based on proportional crafting currency earnings, assuming successfully clearing the prize track and that 250 MAG points were generated from crafting, Ralph's task should have been unlocked by the end of Act One. If you have not yet crafted any items my advice is to do so now, focusing on items which provide MAG points, to unlock Ralph's task and increase earning potential. The most efficient way to generate the 250 MAG points to unlock Ralph's task is to craft 8 iron fences and 5 gargoyle fences.

During Act Two 3105 MAG points are generated from the main prize track (after placing/building prize items). To stay on track with the MAG point prize track we need to reach level 14 (the second 100 Obol prize on the MAG prize track) by the end of Act Two. Reaching this point requires crafting enough items to generate 1025 MAG points (including the 250 MAG points from crafting in Act One). The most efficient way to get to 1025 MAG points from crafting is to have crafted the following: 8 iron fences, 8 gargoyle fences, 4 flying bats, 6 spooky brambles, 1 catacombs, and 2 vampire caskets. This is not the only combination of craftables to reach (or exceed) 1025 MAG points and, unlike on the main prize track, it is possible to jump ahead on the MAG prize track. Doing so unlocks another gate upgrade (level 15 at 355 more MAG points than level 14), an additional crafting currency prize (level 16 at 710 more MAG points than level 14), and Dolph's trick-or-treating task (level 17 at 785 more MAG points than level 14). You can get this far during Act Two with a combination of crafting and prize items if you're generating enough Obols (trick-or-treating/random drops from ferals/daily challenges), so don't be afraid to continue crafting.

Combined calendar - event currency/MAG points
    October 18 - Act Two start, 1780 MAG points Ralph's task
    October 19 - 4724 clapboards, 1961 MAG points
    October 20 - 9448 clapboards Large Mausoleum, 2142 MAG points Event Currency
    October 21 - 14,172 clapboards, 2323 MAG points
    October 22 - 18,896 clapboards Dark Carriage, 2504 MAG points Event Currency
    October 23 - 23,620 clapboards Crafting Currency, 2685 MAG points
    October 24 - 28,344 clapboards, 2866 MAG points Gate Upgrade
    October 25 - 33,068 clapboards Covered Bridge, 3047 MAG points
    October 26 - 37,792 clapboards, 3228 MAG points Rod's task
    October 27 - 42,516 clapboards Monster Couch, 3409 MAG points
    October 28 - 47,240 clapboards, 3590 MAG points Crafting Currency
    October 29 - 51,964 clapboards Crafting Currency, 3771 MAG points
    October 30 - 56,688 clapboards, 3952 MAG points Todd's task
    October 31 - 61,400 clapboards Death, 4130 MAG points Crafting Currency

• With the increased event currency drops from ferals, additional premium trick-or-treaters, and the inclusion of 2- and 3-fighter monsters, reaching the end of the prize track in Act Two looks to be much easier.

A freemium player can get through this act with just under four visits a day on a schedule with (at least) the following intervals: 8 hrs - 4 hrs - 4 hrs - 4 hrs (ie: 8am - 12pm - 4pm - 8pm or 8am - 4pm - 8pm - 12am). This includes monster fights with a single fighter only, freemium kids trick-or-treating, tapping original ferals, and neighbour visits. This does not account for bonuses fighting monsters with two and three characters, winged ferals which drop event currency twice, premium kids trick-or-treating (SVT, Sherri & Terri, Shauna), premium characters generating event currency (Count Burns, Booberella, Suzanne the witch, Space Mutant), daily challenges, or clearing cameras left in your town by neighbours). With all of these unpredictable items added to the mix it might be possible to clear the prize track with just under three visits per day. But cutting back on visits because your event currency earnings are high might affect your ability to craft items later (like the shipwreck). So, visit four times a day if possible, but don't stress too much about reaching the final prize this act.
  • My construction yard is currently level 9. I have crafted the maximum of everything I can for MAG points. The other items I already have from past events. So does anyone know how I can keep levelling up?
  • My construction yard is currently level 9. I have crafted the maximum of everything I can for MAG points. The other items I already have from past events. So does anyone know how I can keep levelling up?

either wait to get the main track prizes that give mag points; or just buy the last bit to get to level 10 (mine was 20 obols short, so I just spent 'em to get level 10. Obols seem to be more plentiful this round, so 20 isn't that big).

• Does anybody know if Shauna will be offered for the ones who doesn't have her? I have some donuts, and I would definately buy her.
  • Does anybody know if Shauna will be offered for the ones who doesn't have her? I have some donuts, and I would definately buy her.

Judging by LPN's lists I'd say not. Though EA's been known to change things up at the last minute.
  • AOFIGO009 wrote: »
    Will you be updating the combined calendar and MAG points needed for act 2?

If @00becker is able to provide an update to that calendar, then I'll be happy to replace the one currently posted. However if you would just like the Event Calendar, detailing how much Clapboards you need by the end of each day, in the first post is a link to LPN's calendar for the whole event. I used to put that information here, but I think most people just use LPN's calendar so there's no point me recreating the information. If you want the information here, let me know.

Hi, @AOFIGO009. Could you please update the first post with the updated information above? Cheers.

You can store some items and craft it again. You can get more MAG points this way.
  • jaritkosvk wrote: »
    My construction yard is currently level 9. I have crafted the maximum of everything I can for MAG points. The other items I already have from past events. So does anyone know how I can keep levelling up?

You can store some items and craft it again. You can get more MAG points this way.

Has anyone done this and actually been awarded MAG points? I'd heard that the notice came back when storing these items but the points were not being given. Confirmation would be good :)
  • I try it again and it is only notice. Sorry for false information.