EA Forums - Banner

Should I buy Sherri and Terri?

Prev1
I need help deciding if I should buy them now that they have the added bonus of earning obols because I can't make up my mind. I'd appreciate it if ye could post a few pros and cons of having them in general as well as in relation to events. I have over 700 donuts and am a low-key donut farmer (I make atleast 10 donuts a day but usually more) so price isn't a major factor for me but I'd obviously like to keep as many donuts as possible on hand for later in the event and black Friday.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• I say go for it - I personally love the twins and if you can overlook their slightly high pricetag, I say they are worth it for this event and pretty much every Halloween (you always have a use for kid group characters for Halloween events and even some in between).
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • I can't comment on what will come later, but I will say that they are one of my favorite characters. They earn double currency on top of being premium, and have lots of fun visual tasks. Including my favorite Halloween costume of anybody.
  • moarku wrote: »
    I can't comment on what will come later, but I will say that they are one of my favorite characters. They earn double currency on top of being premium, and have lots of fun visual tasks. Including my favorite Halloween costume of anybody.

Speaking of tasks is it still the case where they don't have a four (or maybe 8?) hour task that is independent from Bart?

• aidx1054 wrote: »
    moarku wrote: »
    I can't comment on what will come later, but I will say that they are one of my favorite characters. They earn double currency on top of being premium, and have lots of fun visual tasks. Including my favorite Halloween costume of anybody.

Speaking of tasks is it still the case where they don't have a four (or maybe 8?) hour task that is independent from Bart?

One of my pet peeves of the game...and that sophie krustofsky doesn't have an independent 4 hour and no 8 hour task.
  • baksinengl89
    889 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Just wait until Black Friday is my advice, where could you get a rebate offer on them. I personally got them on sale in last year's Black Friday event.

As much as I like them, their regular price of 150 donuts is too expensive considering that they don't come with a building either.
  • I would also add that they earn event currency :wink:
    D'oh!!
  • aidx1054 wrote: »
    I need help deciding if I should buy them now that they have the added bonus of earning obols because I can't make up my mind. I'd appreciate it if ye could post a few pros and cons of having them in general as well as in relation to events. I have over 700 donuts and am a low-key donut farmer (I make atleast 10 donuts a day but usually more) so price isn't a major factor for me but I'd obviously like to keep as many donuts as possible on hand for later in the event and black Friday.

Thanks in advance!

How do you farm so many donuts so easy
  • Easy by doing Daily Challenges, Find Maggie, Monorail and getting bonuts from events like this one.

I personally have gotten over 400 donuts myself this way.
  • Yep, buy the twins. They make double money on the bounce house 4 hour task and that alone makes them worth having even if you never use them for anything else.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • Before I make the purchase (which I think I will regardless once my current trick or treaters are ready) can anyone confirm which task is the non independent one for me.

I checked last year's rebate offer on them and it was only a 40 donut discount so I think I can justify losing the 40 donuts for help with the event plus the bit of cash and XP they'll earn for me until then.

I farm a few KEMs every four hours but I'd appreciate it if that wasn't discussed here since others may also want to use this thread to make up their minds or add their opinions.

Thanks to all who gave their opinions so far :+1:

• Just wait until Black Friday is my advice, where could you get a rebate offer on them. I personally got them on sale in last year's Black Friday event.
    Good idea, but since they were offered last year, I think this argues AGAINST them doing a rebate this year. I don't think they do the same offers two years in a row? I can't even remember any that were repeated ever (I could be wrong)
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • @aidx1054 Their regular task list 4 hr task requires Bart. Their bounce-house task pays double premium so it's a good sub if that's what you're asking.
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    @aidx1054 Their regular task list 4 hr task requires Bart. Their bounce-house task pays double premium so it's a good sub if that's what you're asking.

Thanks! I'm glad I'm able to substitute it with the bounce house. I'll buy them now before I change my mind again :D

• They have a lot of visual tasks (which is a plus for me) and if you have the Nightmare Pile, they have a cool Halloween costume.
    It seems like I've seen people complain about the premium pair not always paying as expected (I have tons of cash so I haven't noticed myself).
    I held off for ages on getting them and only picked them up for a past Halloween (2014). I wish they spoke (I think they don't). If they did, I would give them an A+, but without being voiced, I'd give them a solid B.
  • I will probably hold out until they go on sale, but I really would like to get them.
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    @aidx1054 Their regular task list 4 hr task requires Bart. Their bounce-house task pays double premium so it's a good sub if that's what you're asking.

It's the 8 hour task that requires Bart. Sherri and Terri have a double premium 4 hour task of their own
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    KillaSqirl wrote: »

It's the 8 hour task that requires Bart. Sherri and Terri have a double premium 4 hour task of their own
    This is true, when I send everyone on 8 hours, sherri and Terri I need to send on 6 or 12 hour along with krustys daughter.
  • toddestan
    179 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Sherri and Terri's 6 hour task pays at the freemium rate and isn't even doubled like their other tasks. Their 4 hour task actually pays more than their 6 hour, plus it's visual too.
  • They have been in my Springfield for over three years, and I've never regretted getting them.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • They only pay 2 obols. Of the premium characters that trick-or-treat this year they are definitely the best ones.