EA Forums - Banner

Daily Play Combo: Day 5 Value

Prev1
I'm torn; I like the risk involved and the possibility of getting something really nice, but agree that the reward should always be greater than $1000, even if only by a small amount. I would gladly take a 1 donut payout on the 5th day, however.

Side note: I've never seen that donut "catch up" before. It's interesting, although totally lame.

Replies

• Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    It is a little disappointing to receive a mystery box prize worth less than $1000, but there is always that small chance you could get donuts or a premium building. There use to be a glitch where the mystery box always gave out $500. Every 5 days I would think " maybe this time I'll get something else" nope, it continued for 4 months.
    I wouldn't catch up by paying a donut. I would just wait the extra day.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm torn; I like the risk involved and the possibility of getting something really nice, but agree that the reward should always be greater than $1000, even if only by a small amount. I would gladly take a 1 donut payout on the 5th day, however.

Side note: I've never seen that donut "catch up" before. It's interesting, although totally lame.

I agree with him but I've never gotten anything premium from my mystery box before except the lemon tree for 1 of my towns. But I like that fact that there is a tiny chance that I'll be able to get something awesome from it.
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited January 2013
    My first mystery box was a lemon tree and the second was SVT, otherwise the mystery box has kept me from ever needing to buy parking lots or parking meters. Overall, it's a massive let down. At this point in the game, I really don't need the daily bonuses. I suppose to extra decorations are nice on the fifth day, but I'm really not all that upset when I have to spend money on a project. :?
  • missyolga
    942 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I got today the mistery box with 30 donuts , so thanks EA :lol:
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    missyolga wrote:
    I got today the mistery box with 30 donuts , so thanks EA :lol:

Lucky you!! I got a tree today from mine. :(
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited January 2013
    I know I play to much because I have never encountered that pay a donut to catch up screen.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Here's a thought. Change it to:

Daily Play Misery
    Day 1 - Lose $50 Take Marge to the movies.
    Day 2 - Lose $150 Feed Homer's MyPad game addiction
    Day 3 - Lose $500 Pay insurance. What? You thought you could blow up an entire town and not have a rate increase?
    Day 4 - Lose $1,000 You didn't think this was going to be all give give give did you?
    Day 5 - Mystery Box Still with us? Enjoy a stinkin' tree, sucker.

Sure would make that Mystery Box more appealing.
  • HankScorrpio
    166 posts
    edited January 2013
    It doesn't bother me. As others have said I think the best things I've obtained are the Lemon tree and 30 Dounts. Which are good for free.
    I'd rather take the gamble for an item than have cash, especially as I don't buy donuts, so is the only chance I can get some of the premium items.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea of a gamble rather than a surefire 1000 in cash you can get a whole variety of things and its my favourite type of gambling the free kind with no inherit financial risk to you :D
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I know I play to much because I have never encountered that pay a donut to catch up screen.

Yes, me too.

And I enjoy the possibility of getting something premium, but I don't even have the lemon tree! Once I received donuts in the box.
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    $1000 in game money really doesn't mean much. The small chance to snag something good seems worth much more. If you look at it the right way, we're getting something that costs 6 donuts every 5 days, which is pretty cool. Now, it's nowhere near WORTH 6 donuts, maybe, but it still costs that. Not sure why anyone would ever try to "catch up", but then again, I haven't missed a day since I started playing anyway :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    Here's a thought. Change it to:

Daily Play Misery
    Day 1 - Lose $50 Take Marge to the movies.
    Day 2 - Lose $150 Feed Homer's MyPad game addiction
    Day 3 - Lose $500 Pay insurance. What? You thought you could blow up an entire town and not have a rate increase?
    Day 4 - Lose $1,000 You didn't think this was going to be all give give give did you?
    Day 5 - Mystery Box Still with us? Enjoy a stinkin' tree, sucker.

Sure would make that Mystery Box more appealing.

I know the amount of money listed is not alot but i still dont like using money lol Enjoy a stinking tree LOL :lol::mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    Lemon tree is the only thing I got that was worth anything from that useless thing.
    1 donut to keep up with daily reward? Hell no, and get what, 250 cash, 10 fences again? pfff...
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you played four days in a row and then missed a day...

What do you mean miss a day? Does not compute.
  • USDPC
    221 posts
    edited January 2013
    +1. Never seen the donut fix before.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you fail to log in for a day it gives you the option of catching up to the previous day you would have collected a reward for, if you opt out of paying donuts then the daily cycle resets from day 1
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    That's why it's a mystery box. I never had much luck, then the last three I've gotten, including today, gave me 30 donuts. It's a bizarre thing and it seems there is no rhyme or reason to what comes out of it.
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited January 2013
    Best thing I ever got was a lemon tree and 3X white fence
  • Jeebus42
    246 posts
    edited January 2013
    Last 3 Mystery Boxes, a shiny new gazebo. This week, $250. Whatever
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you fail to log in for a day it gives you the option of catching up to the previous day you would have collected a reward for, if you opt out of paying donuts then the daily cycle resets from day 1

Sorry i should have said if you miss a day (going a whole day without logging in once) the only way that you can catch up is by paying an X amount of donuts
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.