this forum has gone to hell

Prev13456711
To use the words of former french president Mitterand "Et alors"

Replies

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Wild ACE24 wrote:
    lol seriously we have people derailing posts and posts talking about dating or nhl or whatever! And nothing to do with this game!

i guess we ran out of things to talk about that concerns this game. I think it has jumped the shark time to find something new i guess

And what, my dear Wild Ace would you care to discuss about the game? We can go the positive route of town sharing, new ideas, favorite tasks, proudest achievement or the more negative route of crashing and lagging, no new updates this very second, donuts costing too much and so on.

All valid topics, having been discussed to death, so more a forum now for general discussion as we await more in game topics to discuss.
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    Highway-To-Hell.jpg
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:
    Highway-To-Hell.jpg

That's a Tune!!!!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    That's a Tune!!!!

No that's an album cover! That's a tune...

• arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    It's derailed :mrgreen:
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    APPSFaWl.png
  • rawmel3
    276 posts
    edited January 2013
    Wild ACE24 wrote:
    lol seriously we have people derailing posts and posts talking about dating or nhl or whatever! And nothing to do with this game!

i guess we ran out of things to talk about that concerns this game. I think it has jumped the shark time to find something new i guess

It's weird hearing this from someone who only has 40+ posts.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    That's a Tune!!!!

No that's an album cover! That's a tune...

Even with just posting the cover still a tune but to hear the song even better :D defo one of their best ones along with "shoot to thrill"
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    APPSFaWl.png

:lol:
  • rabbikrustofski
    42 posts
    edited January 2013
    rawmel3 wrote:
    Wild ACE24 wrote:

It's weird hearing this from someone who only has 40+ posts.

maybe that's why he only has 40 ish posts, i know i'd post more regularly and participate in this forum, rather than just read, if there wasn't such a low maturity level on this forum that results in thinking derailing threads is funny.

I'd have created several worthwhile threads but prefer not to as they'll never get anywhere or accomplish anything at this point in this forum's life. After being a moderator on another site for 4 years, it really shows how immature people think they can be on the internet.

maybe if this fad passes and the forum stabilizes again, i'll bother to come out of the woodwork more often and i bet more people would agree with me on that.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    Wild ACE24 wrote:

after the last update it was all about the game then it died a bit and ppl have to keep busy talking about something
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013
    Have to agree with the OP. I'm all for a bit of chit chat and meeting new people but the main reason I (and I assume everyone) came to this forum is to read up/find info about the game. Finding an on-topic thread is a rarity these days and IMO all these off topic and derailed threads are no less of a nuisance (especially for non regulars who actually want to find out stuff about the game) than the add me threads we've all spend so long complaining about.

I like the idea of a friendly environment (which isn't always the case here) but there's the likes of facebook and twitter for talking to people you do and don't know which is surprising seeing people on hear say they don't 'do' social networking sites when they do the equivalent on this forum. I'm not p*ssed about it though, its just that I'm here on the forums to read mostly about TSTO. If I'm in a minority and no one cares that's fine, I'll continue to lurk in the shadows, checking (less) regularly to see if anything about the game has been said and not read about what everyone's favorite hockey team or what sex scenes from films everyone loves - again, that's why I have facebook and twitter, a recommendation for those of you on here who like to socialize and discuss personal information with others. (that comment is sincere, it's not supposed to sound sarky, in case it does.)

edited for my awful spelling :oops:
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree that posts about the game should not be derailed, that way people who want to strictly discuss the game can do so without fear of derailment. I don't think this board should only be Simpsons related, I like getting to know my fellow players outside of the game. I view general discussion to be an open board to talk about anything and everything.

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    Have to agree with the OP. I'm all for a bit of chit chat and meeting new people but the main reason I (and I assume everyone) came to this forum is to read up/find info about the game. Finding an on-topic thread is a rarity these days and IMO all these off topic and derailed threads are no less of a nuisance (especially for non regulars who actually want to find out stuff about the game) than the add me threads we've all spend so long complaining about.

I like the idea of a friendly environment (which isn't always the case here) but there's the likes of facebook and twitter for talking to people you do and don't know which is surprising seeing people on hear say they don't 'do' social networking sites when they do the equivalent on this forum. I'm not p*ssed about it though, its just that I'm here on the forums to read mostly about TSTO. If I'm in a minority and no one cares that's fine, I'll continue to lurk in the shadows, checking (less) regularly to see if anything about the game has been said and not read about what everyone's favorite hockey team or what sex scenes from films everyone loves - again, that's why I have facebook and twitter, a recommendation for those of you on here who like to socialize and discuss personal information with others. (that comment is sincere, it's not supposed to sound sarky, in case it does.)

I kinda agree with you, some of the posts are not anything to do with the game but it is a forum after all and people can post what ever they want to talk about you don't have to reply, if no one replies to that thread it will quickly drop off the 1st page and b forgotten (unless someone brings it bk for some bizarre reason) there have been sooo many threads about all sorts of bits on the game I think it good to have a change of subject :) gives chance to chat about other things :) granted some topics are a bit out there lol

When the next update comes all the TSTO talk will flood the forum again lol :P
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013

I took some time to read your post.
    Yes and no.

It could be annoying for newbies to find topics about some real issues about the game.
    But i prefer to have topics about Food, NHL, dating, etc... Than have 10 "add me" topics on the first page.

But that is mine opinion.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    The regs here are sadly most to blame. Your neo and h1 feel the need to post in every topic with whatever just popped in there head.

I try and keep out of these threads as much as I can but when the whole front page is ot post what can I do?

Sadly this board is over and it will never be about the game or even the simpsons. Hell I've been yelled at for talking about the show on this board.

This is a simpsons board yet less then half the people here even like the show.

The inmates run this board and its not going to change no mod no self control.

Now I wait for some worthless pic to be posted and mean nothing.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I think rabbi and stuart make very valid points, I know I have definitely contributed to the lowering of the overall IQ here with some of my posts, but definitely not all of them.

As someone that has been coming here a long time this is basically that lull before the update that is becoming the norm with people maxed out and nothing else to talk about. I was serious when I said what topic does the OP want to talk of the more positive or negative....basically 99% of them have been discussed here to the point of boredom. Who do you want to see next, or any other variation of the what if topic. The new idea thread of street naming was very well received, not derailed because, well it was a new insight for people to discuss.

When the game first came out and pretty much through the Thanksgiving update people were still achieving new levels, there was still a lot to talk about and learn from. Not so much the case anymore, especially with the regulars that do come here. I will also say in defense that most of the time when I see a new, valid thread with a real question I think it is generally answered kindly and with respect, not always, but usually. I know I answered two last night. So this still is a source for information, but not as many people are asking those things at this moment.

So what I am seeing here is that there is not much to discuss about the game, there are no updates there is nothing too new to discuss, so basically it is a group of people entertaining themselves, getting to know one another and yes, just being silly. But, as you can witness from this post, when serious questions are posed I think serious answers and respect is given, not always of course ,but that is life with the internet.

If there are topics that you wish to discuss that are game related please propose them. But please, not a rehash of topics that have been discussed or theorized countless times over, read those posts first, then if there is something new or not covered bring it back.

Not trying to be rude, I hope this comes off as fair, as I said, I do see where you are coming from. When the next update happens the first page will be swarmed with in game topics again.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The regs here are sadly most to blame. Your neo and h1 feel the need to post in every topic with whatever just popped in there head.

I try and keep out of these threads as much as I can but when the whole front page is ot post what can I do?

Sadly this board is over and it will never be about the game or even the simpsons. Hell I've been yelled at for talking about the show on this board.

I don't derail all threads. :evil: If there is serious discussion about the game I keep it on track.
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    There is always the search function (even tho it isn't the greatest). And there is this thread http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9224404.page
    At the top of the page. Nough said.
    Oh, and H1 is always one upping me! The video! Really! I bow to the master.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013

I don't derail all threads. :evil: If there is serious discussion about the game I keep it on track.

True.

And like i said before i prefer an offtopic topic than 10 "add me" topics.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.