EA Forums - Banner

The crashing plague has hit my springfield

Ironically my crashing issues have gotten better as I've expanded in land. When I was at 11x11 I purposely didn't buy any more land because I was already crashing quite a bit and I heard it only gets worse as you get bigger. Now though I'm at 13x11 and I crash less frequently. I may have stored some decorations but I likely replaced them. My Springfield is decorated quite a bit. Basically, God knows what causes the crashing or how to fully fix it. I do believe though when the snow goes it should get better. After all if I'm not mistaken that was why all the crashing first started?

Replies

• brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    The plague has finally conquered my springfield. After an obsession of decorating and one month later, the tears of the characters and myself aren't hesitant to create a waterfall. That evil smile that I once cherished for not experiencing any crashing what so ever has been defeated and now rests within the darkest realms of springfield. There once was a time where I laughed, my characters joyfully and willingly preformed their tasks in peace. Now, life has changed in little old springfield, many of the characters roam the streets searching for whatever pixel food they can find - some go to the next level and consume nuclear waste. Our only hope is to look beyond the great mountains of springfield where they say the creator [EA] inhabits - hoping this great one will send help of some form. The thirst for a cure seems more valuable that donuts itself.

What shall be done next? Simple, let time decide.

LOL, that was fun writing :")

lol cheer up buddy
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    It finally hit you has it mate? :( its gets everyone in the end :( Hey it wasnt cos you added me as a friend the other day was it? lol :lol::mrgreen:

There are afew things you can do to try and cut the crashing down, reduce your decorations (which i have found very hard to do btw) reduce you friend count (if over 60 may cause you issues) these are the basic issues to combat crashing.

There is a sticky thread which will explain all the extra bits to help combat this horrible issue :( Feel for ya bro, i crash twice on a collection/setting tasks sooo annoying :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Retcon93
    227 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ironically my crashing issues have gotten better as I've expanded in land. When I was at 11x11 I purposely didn't buy any more land because I was already crashing quite a bit and I heard it only gets worse as you get bigger. Now though I'm at 13x11 and I crash less frequently. I may have stored some decorations but I likely replaced them. My Springfield is decorated quite a bit. Basically, God knows what causes the crashing or how to fully fix it. I do believe though when the snow goes it should get better. After all if I'm not mistaken that was why all the crashing first started?

I started crashing about a month before the snow came, then a few weeks ago I stored a truckload of decorations and I stopped crashing completely (even Homer!). Only recently I've started adding decorations again and once again, I crash 5 times during just trying to send my characters on their tasks.

Unfortunately I don't think it has anything to do with the snow, which sucks, because at least then we'd know it'd go away soon.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013

You're LUCKY :) I purchased a large sum of land and added in some decorations and BOOM= Crashing! But I don't really mind it, I've got other things to do but when the crashing is resolved I'm going HAM ON REDESIGNING :) I'm sure you're decorating skills are off the charts! Good luck!
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    Crashing sucks.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have not found the friend count thing to help me, but plenty of others it has, so to each their own, hopefully it works.

I found my biggest offender to be the brown fences. I only left what I had around the school, all else is in storage. I still crash, but not like I did. I could remove more decorations, but that would make me sad so I will deal with the crashing by visiting neighbors towns every few minutes, back to mine, this works for me and I know zuzupj, as I learned it from her.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    People have been crashing before the snow, but I agree that it seems to have gotten worse after the snow arrived. I want to believe taking the snow away will fix the problem, but I am doubtful.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    It finally hit you has it mate? :( its gets everyone in the end :( Hey it wasnt cos you added me as a friend the other day was it? lol :lol::mrgreen:

There are afew things you can do to try and cut the crashing down, reduce your decorations (which i have found very hard to do btw) reduce you friend count (if over 60 may cause you issues) these are the basic issues to combat crashing.

There is a sticky thread which will explain all the extra bits to help combat this horrible issue :( Feel for ya bro, i crash twice on a collection/setting tasks sooo annoying :(

Lmfao! No it wasn't the friend request :D , I purchased a large sum of land so that might be the reason, but in all honesty, I don't mind - the game has been keeping me on lock down preventing me from being productive :) so in a way, I'm happy the plague has hit my springfield!
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013
    Retcon93 wrote:

I started crashing about a month before the snow came, then a few weeks ago I stored a truckload of decorations and I stopped crashing completely (even Homer!). Only recently I've started adding decorations again and once again, I crash 5 times during just trying to send my characters on their tasks.

Unfortunately I don't think it has anything to do with the snow, which sucks, because at least then we'd know it'd go away soon.

Le sigh. I was kind of hoping it was the snow so that I could top up my decorations after it goes. That said, even if decorations are the main problem, the whole crashing issue became widespread when the Christmas update came about so I'm hoping its at least partially responsible for the crashing. Regardless, once the snow goes I'm going all out with decor, crashing or no crashing!
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013

You're LUCKY :) I purchased a large sum of land and added in some decorations and BOOM= Crashing! But I don't really mind it, I've got other things to do but when the crashing is resolved I'm going HAM ON REDESIGNING :) I'm sure you're decorating skills are off the charts! Good luck!

the awkward moment wen u respond here but not to me on fb >>
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited January 2013

the awkward moment wen u respond here but not to me on fb >>

That awkward moment when 90% of our conversations are tapped out while the other 10% is about food...
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013

That awkward moment when 90% of our conversations are tapped out while the other 10% is about food...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    Le sigh. I was kind of hoping it was the snow so that I could top up my decorations after it goes. That said, even if decorations are the main problem, the whole crashing issue became widespread when the Christmas update came about so I'm hoping its at least partially responsible for the crashing. Regardless, once the snow goes I'm going all out with decor, crashing or no crashing!

You are very very brave Stuart. :thumbup: I crash every now and then *knocks on wood* but my town is tiny tiny. It's only 9x8 BUT I've bought more land to spread things out a little. I suspect it might be the fact that I've got so many things in so little space. We shall see what happens after I redesign AGAIN. :?
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Retcon93 wrote:

Until you can no longer access the decorations menu without crashing. That's what happened to me. I stored about half of my trees and then I could decorate again.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you keep decorating without holding back your game might crash within seconds of you logging on, just scrolling might be enough to crash so just be careful id hate for another person to go through anything like that
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    People have been crashing before the snow, but I agree that it seems to have gotten worse after the snow arrived. I want to believe taking the snow away will fix the problem, but I am doubtful.

Thats exactly what im hoping that the snow will go or the big thaw will hit and we might get some stability :) Guess we gotta wait and see.....or dream lol :lol::lol:

Lmfao! No it wasn't the friend request :D , I purchased a large sum of land so that might be the reason, but in all honesty, I don't mind - the game has been keeping me on lock down preventing me from being productive :) so in a way, I'm happy the plague has hit my springfield!

Phew, i was expecting you to reply and say "YES it was your request thanks" LOL :mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013
    mellytan wrote:

You are very very brave Stuart. :thumbup: I crash every now and then *knocks on wood* but my town is tiny tiny. It's only 9x8 BUT I've bought more land to spread things out a little. I suspect it might be the fact that I've got so many things in so little space. We shall see what happens after I redesign AGAIN. :?

I'm way too familiar with that phrase! Now That I've been maxed out for a while my goal is to just get the last of the land and construct a completed Springfield the way I want it to look. That will essentially be the end of the game for me although I might pop in now and again for new updates. I say this now but I'll likely continue my never-ending redesigning spree even after I have my 'completed' Springfield.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!