EA Forums - Banner

What to do with frinks lab???

Prev13
Actually, I had a question about that exact building as I am working on redesigning my town... I guess you are the perfect guy to ask! I have read somewhere that Frink's lab is treated in the show like a house in a residential neighborhood and not necessarily a commercial zone. Is that true? If that is the case, I may have to move it to the burbs and treat it like another house.

Replies

• waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Actually, I had a question about that exact building as I am working on redesigning my town... I guess you are the perfect guy to ask! I have read somewhere that Frink's lab is treated in the show like a house in a residential neighborhood and not necessarily a commercial zone. Is that true? If that is the case, I may have to move it to the burbs and treat it like another house.
    Frink has a real house in Springfield. That is what is throwing me, the lab isn't really shown much. Guess ill have to dig into some of my books and DVDs and see how it looks around town.

The only reason I know he has a real house is I just watched the one where Bart and Lisa go into his house and it looks nothing like the lab.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Frink has a real house in Springfield. That is what is throwing me, the lab isn't really shown much. Guess ill have to dig into some of my books and DVDs and see how it looks around town.

The only reason I know he has a real house is I just watched the one where Bart and Lisa go into his house and it looks nothing like the lab.

I created a tech zone and stuck it with the collider and the blaster.

With the blaster positioned so it appears to shoot through Lard Lad's donut hole.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, that answer threw me... I was really hoping I could just put him in a neighborhood - easy peasy!
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Yep, by the collider for me as well in the two building science community, the ray gun has to be in its dedication park.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    The super collider is also a hard one for me. It was in a hollween episode so that may or may not mean its really in the town.

Now I know I'm just loosing it here I will never have a perfect Springfield in my eyes.

I have it next to frinks lab right now but it just doesn't look like it fits with each other IMO. I still think i will put them together just because ill have to.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I love the Super Collider because it looks cool and is so sciency. I currently have Frink's lab in that general area with the observatory. It looks OK, but needs something more.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Yep, the Observatory is close by as well. I put one of my Christmas trees between the two buildings, that helped, but yes, needs more.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    You can never have enough science ;)
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited January 2013

I created a tech zone and stuck it with the collider and the blaster.

With the blaster positioned so it appears to shoot through Lard Lad's donut hole.

That's kind of cool :)
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    Just went and looked over a few frink episodes and all of them show him in the lab but never outside it. Whenever he is outside its in front of his home not the lab..... This is madness!!!!!!
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I assume his home looks different than the in-game building?
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Prof._Frink's_House.PNG
  • tcwrestlerh
    47 posts
    edited January 2013
    MYAmY2dd93X71VFclTt1UwBGGWyzBQrK3x9gdNQ_6wU
    I am a nerd at heart so what better to combine frinks lab with than my love of video games. I am messing around with it. Nothing is final until the thaw.
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Prof._Frink's_House.PNG

They are both the same color. Perhaps you can imagine they are one in the same structure? Since Frink is so brainy, he created a building that can transform from house to lab. Hope that helps your OCD :lol:
  • edited January 2013
    In a recent redesign, I made the lab and collider part of a 'secret area' at the base of the Springfield sign. I think it works quite well:-

http://imgur.com/V5eAnPS.jpg

(If a lvl2 could re-post please)
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013
    In a recent redesign, I made the lab and collider part of a 'secret area' at the base of the Springfield sign. I think it works quite well:-

(If a lvl2 could re-post please)
    V5eAnPS.jpg
  • hustlerfanzi
    64 posts
    edited January 2013
    that's exactly what I'd do.
    build a forest around it so it's partly visible.

great job
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited January 2013
    I love the secret area! I have a science sector, but it's pretty boring. I think I have moved Frink's lab more than any other building in my town, no matter what I do I am never happy with the placement.

image-2_zps5a57018d.jpg
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Lsleong wrote:
    They are both the same color. Perhaps you can imagine they are one in the same structure? Since Frink is so brainy, he created a building that can transform from house to lab. Hope that helps your OCD :lol:

Great idea! I've got just enough imagination to make it work. Thank you. It does help and now I am stealing that line. :)

Your secret area looks great, stuartcurran! If I wasn't so in love with my Super Collider setup (posted somewhere, I'll see if I can dig up a picture), I would steal that.

I love the pavement checkerboard you've got going on tlindfors... rather than boring, I'd say that it really works for now with the snowscape.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    AUIJp9L.png

Its lacking alot of decor i had to remove but i tried to make a science compound outside of the regular town in a forest area and those two houses are the scientists house and they can grab lunch at the local fast food place if they need :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!