EA Forums - Banner

I cant be the only one?

Prev1
So ever since I had the Burns Manor update finished in like 2 days, I have become less and less interested in this game am I the only one?
I have even rarely been on the forums like I'm only having a peek here every three or four days.
I have nothing to do in my springfield at the moment except buy a few bits of land:-(
I really want a big big update for the next one that will take more than two days but since its EA its pointless in me asking for that! I want to know am I the only one in this situation? If your in this situation what are you doing to amuse yourself?

honestly the game for me stopped being as entertaining when the crashing bug finally hit me I still have story line to go thru quite a bit (i just finished the apartment building) but a big part of it is the forums I love coming here and it keeps me excited about the game still :)

Replies

• doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I've created some monetary goals in the game (as I've never had a lot and don't go for the $5K per tap friends' bonus).

But due to the sheer instability of my game right now, I refuse to do a lot of land buying or rearranging. I don't have big forests or tons of empty space. So I don't buy that as a reason my game crashes. It all started after the last update. When I can't even click on one character as the one and only task after opening the game (other than zooming in on the character) without crashing, this tells me the problems are with the game, not my design.

Therefore, I definitely agree - it's not as much fun now. I can't redesign without 4000000 crashes and there's nothing new to build at the moment. So the interest is lower.

Still, I enjoy collecting the money and sending the characters on long tasks. :) Makes me feel better about my job. LOL!

And I do enjoy reading these forums, for both personal and game tidbits. Never know when it will come in handy for the next update. Plus, I've stolen, er, I mean, been inspired by a few designs for buildings shown here for my own town.
  • kevingibbons
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    So ever since I had the Burns Manor update finished in like 2 days, I have become less and less interested in this game am I the only one?
    I have even rarely been on the forums like I'm only having a peek here every three or four days.
    I have nothing to do in my springfield at the moment except buy a few bits of land:-(
    I really want a big big update for the next one that will take more than two days but since its EA its pointless in me asking for that! I want to know am I the only one in this situation? If your in this situation what are you doing to amuse yourself?

honestly the game for me stopped being as entertaining when the crashing bug finally hit me I still have story line to go thru quite a bit (i just finished the apartment building) but a big part of it is the forums I love coming here and it keeps me excited about the game still :)

I have to agree the forums have kept me playing I more than likely woukd have gave up by now, but honestly if the next update doesnt anuse me for long I wont be around for much longer.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:
    I've created some monetary goals in the game (as I've never had a lot and don't go for the $5K per tap friends' bonus).

But due to the sheer instability of my game right now, I refuse to do a lot of land buying or rearranging. I don't have big forests or tons of empty space. So I don't buy that as a reason my game crashes. It all started after the last update. When I can't even click on one character as the one and only task after opening the game (other than zooming in on the character) without crashing, this tells me the problems are with the game, not my design.

Therefore, I definitely agree - it's not as much fun now. I can't redesign without 4000000 crashes and there's nothing new to build at the moment. So the interest is lower.

Still, I enjoy collecting the money and sending the characters on long tasks. :) Makes me feel better about my job. LOL!

And I do enjoy reading these forums, for both personal and game tidbits. Never know when it will come in handy for the next update. Plus, I've stolen, er, I mean, been inspired by a few designs for buildings shown here for my own town.

Same here. Waiting for a decent update. Hoping the crashing gets fixed. Spending more time on the forum then in the game.
    I already did a huge reorganisation. I want to do something with the Bad Dream House and a maze. But the crashing issues hold me back.
  • Ranger1zero
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm the same, can't do much without the game crashing so not bothering at the moment, hoping that someone at EA actually reads these posts and gets the stability sorted and we get some interesting story lines and buildings in any future update, not quite sure what the point of the Pimento Grove is if you can't send characters there, perhaps we will in the future.
    Hoping for future updates;
    The sea captain and his restaurant The Flying Dutchman
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:

Curious, if you do not have a lot of decoration etc, what device are you playing on?
  • Jeebus42
    246 posts
    edited January 2013
    It is getting to that point. I could re-arrange my town, but I don't really care that much. I'm far more interested in new buildings, characters and storyline. I have hobbies already, I dont really need a game that's just maintenence.
    The characters on the forum are far livelier than the ones in the game right now! :lol:
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    Same here. Waiting for a decent update. Hoping the crashing gets fixed. Spending more time on the forum then in the game.
    I already did a huge reorganisation. I want to do something with the Bad Dream House and a maze. But the crashing issues hold me back.

I used to have a bad dream house maze. I had to disassemble it due to crashing. I also thinned out my forest a lot. Sadly, I am still crashing. I have more land to buy but am resisting due to the crashing. A stability improvement would go a long way to keeping my interest between updates.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I logged on this morning having been away for a small while and my eyes widened as I once again gazed lovingly at my little town. I caressed each of my little friends with the tips of my fingers and for just one heavenly moment I thought that crashing was a thing of the past. But on reaching my Homer, I was cruelly brought back to reality as without ceremony he rejected my advances and left me staring into the abyss of my iPad home screen. I now wonder if we will ever rekindle the love that we once shared...
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    I logged on this morning having been away for a small while and my eyes widened as I once again gazed lovingly at my little town. I caressed each of my little friends with the tips of my fingers and for just one heavenly moment I thought that crashing was a thing of the past. But on reaching my Homer, I was cruelly brought back to reality as without ceremony he rejected my advances and left me staring into the abyss of my iPad home screen. I now wonder if we will ever rekindle the love that we once shared...

I had the crashing with Homer, when it crashed on him i went straight back and clicked him and changed him to Cool Homer (at the time, now he Mr Plow) once i changed him over it has crashed on him since, I just crash whenever it wants lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    My game just jammed on me. It wasn't even a crash. It just froze while I was collecting $$. I had to click on my home button and restart the game again. That was a new one that the game pulled on me.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mellytan wrote:
    My game just jammed on me. It wasn't even a crash. It just froze while I was collecting $$. I had to click on my home button and restart the game again. That was a new one that the game pulled on me.

Have had this a couple of times, more just the straight crash, but a handful of freezes.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:

Yes, I went through a brief time recently when the game stopped crashing and then I made some changes and * it all up. I miss those glorious days. I suppose it's a little like cheating on your wife. Fun at first but then you get found out and end up having your balls broken for the remainder of your days.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    I agree. I log on once a day in the morning and set people on 24-hour tasks. I went to San Diego last week and didn't even care to log on for 2-3 days.

I still visit the forums but way less and contribute a lot frequently. Unfortunately doesn't interest me as much anymore. Too many people are promoted, leading to way many memes, pics, etc., and stuff on topic is being derailed. I know it's been discussed plenty elsewhere. I have NO problem with the random topics, because it's what has made this board special and allows people to get answers. But when it strays 100 percent after someone tried to get help, there's no benefit.

My 2 cents.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mellytan wrote:

Sweet. I look forward to this new experience. EA just keep adding new dimensions to the gameplay.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree. I log on once a day in the morning and set people on 24-hour tasks. I went to San Diego last week and didn't even care to log on for 2-3 days.

I still visit the forums but way less and contribute a lot frequently. Unfortunately doesn't interest me as much anymore. Too many people are promoted, leading to way many memes, pics, etc., and stuff on topic is being derailed. I know it's been discussed plenty elsewhere. I have NO problem with the random topics, because it's what has made this board special and allows people to get answers. But when it strays 100 percent after someone tried to get help, there's no benefit.

My 2 cents.

There's an element of truth in what this beautiful man says. There is a need for more straight men (I don't mean heterosexual) to bring up relevant topics and points. I did just try and help someone, itsmedanshep got in first but at least I can hold my head up high and say I tried.

I did fail, mind.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited January 2013
    I had a ginormous hedge maze in front of the Bad Dream house, but dismantled it because of crashing issues. I really don't think it made too big of a difference with the crashing though. Yesterday I started having the Homer crash issue, actually I crash when I tap on Marge, Lisa and Homer. This ticks me off because I bought an entire strip of land across the bottom of my town and I need Homer or Lisa to finish cleaning it up. Not the end of the world, just annoying!
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:

My 2 cents.

There's an element of truth in what this beautiful man says. There is a need for more straight men (I don't mean heterosexual) to bring up relevant topics and points. I did just try and help someone, itsmedanshep got in first but at least I can hold my head up high and say I tried.

I did fail, mind.

Peru, did you see the thread from yesterday of This forum has gone to hell, pretty much sums up plus a little more what the above is saying
  • shockman85
    265 posts
    edited January 2013

No, I'm right there with ya. Maybe it's because there was so much going on with the Christmas update, and now it just seems uninteresting. I still visit dily, but its all 24 hour tasks. I could still buy a lot of land, but its crashing enough as it is.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    Curious, if you do not have a lot of decoration etc, what device are you playing on?

I play on an iPhone 5.

Before the update, all was fine. If there was instability, it was visiting friends, but many people had that. Post update, I can actually visit all friends without crashing - but now my own Springfield is crash central. And this occurred before I did any single change.

*edited for wordiness. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:
    I play on an iPhone 5.

So much for my theory, well RSommons statements of how his iPad 1 is super crashy, the iPhone or Pod (not sure whta number he said) is stable, but the iPad mini just zooms. Was thinking maybe you were on an earlier device.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.