EA Forums - Banner

Glitch: Launch rocket in neighbour town

Nice glitch I discovered recently. Not sure whether this has been found out before.

If you see an unlaunched rocket in your friends' town, you can tap it and let it lift off.

(Since I often forget to launch the rocket, this is actually a great feature!)

Replies

  • johncolombo
    11451 posts Senior Moderator
    It only appears to launch. Does nothing for your friends town.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • It's not a glitch and has been discussed in numerous threads.
  • That is a glitch, just not beneficial to anyone.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    That is a glitch, just not beneficial to anyone.

    For a behavior to be properly defined as a glitch, I assumed that it had to be unintended by the game programmers/developers. How can you be certain that‘s true in this case?

  • They intend to have unbeneficial behaviors? I think that's how we can know. If they intended to have it be a fun thing to launch a rocket while visiting why not the chili game or dog races, too? Well, the closest one is the yellow submersible. Can we launch that one or did they patch it?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    simp7fan wrote: »
    They intend to have unbeneficial behaviors? I think that's how we can know. If they intended to have it be a fun thing to launch a rocket while visiting why not the chili game or dog races, too? Well, the closest one is the yellow submersible. Can we launch that one or did they patch it?

    After a similar question one of the code-readers posted it was in the files, so probably not unintentional. And why is it unbeneficial, it's fun! If you tap a leprechaun in a neighbour's town, you get money too.

    edits: English spelling problems, sorry.
  • There's lots **** things in neighbours town and animate, it's fun :) I particularly like lighting the tire torch and lots of other silliness.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I'd never considered the ability to launch the rocket in a neighbor's Springfield a glitch I always thought that it was coded that way like the ability to use a neighbor's transporters or drop the new year ball that catches fire to name, as mentioned above you can tap the leprechaun or light the tyre thing, I thought that the game developer deliberately added these to the game for visitors to find and have a bit of fun with, but that's just my opinion and just pure speculation on my behalf.
  • I thought the rocket indicated a reward when you launch it. That's the problem (if true), not just the launching, which, I agree, is a fine thing to allow us to do.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Don't really care since I put that ugly rocket in my storage as soon as I got it. Has to be one of the worst items in the game. That whole "space" mini event was a joke....
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I thought the rocket indicated a reward when you launch it. That's the problem (if true), not just the launching, which, I agree, is a fine thing to allow us to do.
    1pillform wrote: »
    Don't really care since I put that ugly rocket in my storage as soon as I got it. Has to be one of the worst items in the game. That whole "space" mini event was a joke....

    The reward is a one in 4 chance when you launch it in your town. There is no benefit from launching it at a neighbours.

    Lots of us liked the space event and the rocket. If you don't like it so much you are entitled to your opinion.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Does it cost money to launch it on my neighbors?
  • Who remembers when you could steal Lemon Trees? :D
  • Could you explain your existence with lemon trees? I didn't get to enjoy that.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • You can also tap the submersible in neighbours' towns, and select start. However, it doesn't launch. I suspect there's also no benefit...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!