EA Forums - Banner

Random acts of animation

My Springfield intermittently activates all animation in random areas. I have not seen this discussed here, does not mean that it hasn't happened. Any body else have this "bug"?

This has been happening for at least the last nine months. It will animate both buildings and decorations. The area that gets animated is about twice the size of what can be seen on my zoomed out screen. Currently the animation includes part of my western area so that I have a lot of buzzards flying around. Really cool bug.

Also this happens a lot. Several times a week and the animations will last until I sync. For the current one, I don't see syncing happening any time soon.
My town 7/24/19: https://i.imgur.com/lu46rph.jpg. I accept most neighbor requests.

Replies

• Yea love when that happens :) actually we've talked about it recently but the way this new forum is, it's probably 10 pages back by now :).
    Very cool though, animated buildings I didn't even realize had an animation went off lol and the gargoyle statues standing up on there own were great!!
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • This glitch has been around for a long time, possibly even a couple years. However I've only heard of it animating specific buildings, not entire areas. It's definitely random and I've never gotten it - enjoy it while you have it!
  • johncolombo
    11026 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2016
    nissa762 wrote: »
    This glitch has been around for a long time, possibly even a couple years. However I've only heard of it animating specific buildings, not entire areas. It's definitely random and I've never gotten it - enjoy it while you have it!

It usually affects areas of town at least for me. Love it.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I thought this was a Halloween treat, because everything in my Halloween area is lit up. Gargoyles flapping their wings, Spooky houses lights, glowing, doors and windows opening, creatures trying to crawl out of their graves, etc... I had fun watching everything animate at the same time.
  • It may not even be a glitch, perhaps it was intended? For years people have complained about items with cool animation that they never get to see again. Maybe they're just giving us what we asked for?
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • It usually happens at night time in my Springfield.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)