EA Forums - Banner

Yet another SNAFU - no % bonus for Gravedigger Billy!!

Linkwick
956 posts Member
edited November 2016
We all expect EA to stuff up some aspect(s) of TSTO with an update - it comes with the turf when coding on a 4+ year legacy game.

However, this is now the SECOND premium character/deco combo to be incomplete (just like Blinky Monster). No % bonus, and no cash earnings for Gravedigger Billy's grave deco!!

Glitches are understandable (if at times frustrating). This is just lazy coding. Argh!! :#

Replies

• Yeah but Billy's only 100 'nuts. That's pretty much in line with many stand-alone one-off charecters. The issue with Blinky was he was much more expensive at 170
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Yeah but Billy's only 100 'nuts. That's pretty much in line with many stand-alone one-off charecters. The issue with Blinky was he was much more expensive at 170

Price shouldn't be an issue. Either they do the job properly, or don't do it at all.
    Lampwick (rocket car) - 120 donuts, 2% bonus. Close enough price & everything.
    If it's a premium deco with the character, it has a bonus. That's been the deal established over 4+yrs. If it's gonna change, then they should let us know.
  • Entitled much!?
    100 donuts for a character + decoration is a good deal. I didn't expect a multiplier on top.
    Linkwick wrote: »
    If it's gonna change, then they should let us know.
    With what? "Before purchasing this item, please note there's no multiplier?" OH, that's THERE! If you click on the info icon it says "Improves your vanity rating" and doesn't say ANYWHERE that you are getting a multiplier bonus out of it. How much clearer do you need it?

• nothing wrong here, 100 donuts for a character combo. only a few characters combos have bonus's. the blinky was 170 donuts for obscure character which is why most thought overprice. 100 donuts seems appropriate even without bonus here
  • Hmm. I didn't consider myself "entitled". Maybe I'll have to re-assess... :|

Strange, given that every other "deco+character" combo gets one.
    Characters = Frank Grimes, Chester Lampwick, Chester Dupree, Kang (with Ray Gun, originally), G Washington, Leprechaun, King Winter, Red Leprechaun, Teddy Roosevelt, Blinky Monster
    Skins = Witch Marge (with Cauldron, originally), Daredevil Bart, Shadow Knight Bart, Skiing Flanders, Ice Cream Man Homer, Astronaut Barney (with Shuttle Simulator, not in Gil deal), Hostess Miss Springfield (with Sign, not in Gil deal), Devil Flanders (with 5 Alarm Chili booth),

Seems reasonable to expect a % bonus if the score is 18-0 in favour from the past.

And if I'm entitled or expecting too much, I guess everyone complaining about the Blinky Monster purchase is too. That description stated "Tree-hugging" only, yet it was patched to give a % bonus & bring it in line with all other premium purchases. *le-sigh*
  • i'd love a bonus, but i think the price is fair here.

does burns coffin include bonus?
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    No.
    That was originally a prize (Halloween 2013). Went premium in the THoH events after - skin's tasks became premium rate, but they never added in a bonus post-release. It's rare for EA to add a bonus retrospectively for what was freemium originally.

• evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Linkwick wrote: »
    evant13579 wrote: »
    No.
    That was originally a prize (Halloween 2013). Went premium in the THoH events after - skin's tasks became premium rate, but they never added in a bonus post-release. It's rare for EA to add a bonus retrospectively for what was freemium originally.

i imagine if they had planned to give this a bonus the price would be higher. who knows, maybe they will add it, but i think the price is low enough that it will still sell well. now if it was 170 donuts like blinky...

i do see what you are saying about most character/decoration combos including a % bonus, in my mind i also included character/building combos
  • I also have to disagree. 100 for standalone is fair. Consider the following (taken from my previous Blinky post)

Blinky and the Dock - 4.5% (170 donuts)
    Lampwick and Rocket Car - 2% (120 donuts)
    Dupree and the Unfinished Shed - 2.25% (150 donuts)
    Grimes and the Forgotten Grave -3.75% (160 donuts)
    Gravedigger Billy and the Grave - 0% (100 donuts)

If you factor out the usual 1%/20 donut ratio for the accompanying decoration, the characters cost:
    Blinky - 80 donuts
    Lampwick - 80 donuts
    Dupree - 105 donuts
    Grimes - 85 donuts
    Gravedigger Billy - 100 donuts

Conclusion - Gravedigger Billy is priced in line with regular market value
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Was it advertised as having a bonus?

• i actually thought it was a multiplier + skin for willy....a whole separate character is much better :smiley:
  • Was it advertised as having a bonus?

no
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Being a premium decoration it should have a multiplier
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Maybe they'll add a little bonus later. But, still love it. Love having another little grave.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.