EA Forums - Banner

should they bring back the ability to steal the lemon tree?

Prev13
I said "no". Almost all longer-time players have the lemon tree now. And in order for the new players to steal it, they have to befriend a long-time player. But that won't happen. I'm not going to befriend a new player knowing they can steal items from my town.

Hence, it becomes a moot point. Plus, it becomes just another game-crashing opportunity.

Replies

• brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    definitely not..
  • judasboogie
    40 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm torn because I have been playing every day for months and I have no lemon tree. This upsets me more than it probably should but I wouldn't want to get one by stealing.

On the other hand, I think it was a good way to get a funny reference to the show in there.

Either way, I settled on 'no'. I just hope I get one eventually!
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6298 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I say no as well. It took me a long time to get my Lemon Tree for it to be snatched up like nothing by a new person.

Who's to stop that very same person from deleting me as a friend afterwards so I can't take it back
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've voted NO I don't want anyone stealing my tree and having to steal it bk again, leave it as it is :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I say no as well. It took me a long time to get my Lemon Tree for it to be snatched up like nothing by a new person.

Who's to stop that very same person from deleting me as a friend afterwards so I can't take it back

Exactly what happened when it started, definite no, it was not done in fun, people became very rude about it
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    No
  • imfkool
    1111 posts
    edited January 2013
    It would just get annoying after a while.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited January 2013
    No way, not only would I be ticked off if (when) it is stolen, but I would be ticked off that I am too nice to steal one from someone's town.
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    I said no as well. It was a happy day after a several months of playing to finally get that tree after weeks of newspaper dispensers. I would have to wonder if stealing was re-instituted and yours was stolen and you couldn't get one back, would you be able to get one from mystery boxes again or would you be SOL? I don't want to find out the answer to that.
  • Ransom1337
    74 posts
    edited January 2013
    That feature will never return. To take away an item which people may have paid real money for is against Apple's App policy.
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    I also voted no. I don't want it getting stolen. And I don't want to steal one from one of my neighbors town.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I also voted no. I don't want it getting stolen. And I don't want to steal one from one of my neighbors town.

I feel the same way.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I voted yes but maybe I would say no if I had one of my own. I'd happily steal one from my neighbours and think I'd be happy for someone to steal it then from me. It sounds fun and ties into the show.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    I voted yes but maybe I would say no if I had one of my own. I'd happily steal one from my neighbours and think I'd be happy for someone to steal it then from me. It sounds fun and ties into the show.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It may tie in with the show but the tree really is hard to come by :( I've still got mine hidden since the original days of being able to steal it....athough hidding it doesnt work as the lemons appear above it when collection time is due and people can see where you hidden it Obvilously! :lol:
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    Vote no on prop 294 legalisation of lemon tree theft.

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited January 2013
    Could you steal more than one, hence have an orchard of them? Or was you limited to one?

Could you not just steal it back straight away?
  • fragrlr0ck
    88 posts
    edited January 2013
    No, just no.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited January 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    Vote no on prop 294 legalisation of lemon tree theft.

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I could actuall hear her say that lol :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    lrc1 wrote:
    Could you steal more than one, hence have an orchard of them? Or was you limited to one?

Only if you knew who stole it in the first place. Since there are no notifcations for visiting anymore, you'd just have to steal it from anoter poor neighboreeeno.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lrc1 wrote:

I started playing shortly after that was stopped, so I am not sure if you could steal an orchard or not. Frankly I would love an orchard of lemon trees, and have often wondered if the misery box will ever give a second, I mean, why not.

You could steal straight back, IF you knew it was stolen. From what I have read here though it definitely created huge problems because many people were stealing them and then immediately deleting the people it was stolen from, as Deadshot alluded to earlier.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.