EA Forums - Banner

New gameplay ideas

Prev13
I do like the divergent quests idea based on decisions made, much like those create your own adventure book, Go in the mine turn to page 23, stay out of the mine and help Sally turn to page 49.

I also liked what I read on the monorail thread about building a rail to certain locations, though that is a whole unique challenge that probably is unrealistic.

I do think something has to be done to address continued interest in the game, because right now it wanes far too easy, and there are far too many players at the max that easily max back out in a day or two.

Other ideas that would be nice are in game chat with neighbors and the trading thing. I loved what was proposed with the Post Office the other day.

So far I have offered nothing original.

Replies

• peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    I do like the divergent quests idea based on decisions made, much like those create your own adventure book, Go in the mine turn to page 23, stay out of the mine and help Sally turn to page 49.

I also liked what I read on the monorail thread about building a rail to certain locations, though that is a whole unique challenge that probably is unrealistic.

I do think something has to be done to address continued interest in the game, because right now it wanes far too easy, and there are far too many players at the max that easily max back out in a day or two.

Other ideas that would be nice are in game chat with neighbors and the trading thing. I loved what was proposed with the Post Office the other day.

No need to be original. Post your ideas here and I will edit my original post to pool them all together. Apologies but having been away, I don't really know what the * you are talking about but if you or someone else wouldn't mind fleshing them out then Ill add them to the list.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

Yeah as per the other threads these were on i think the chatting to neighbours is a great idea :) and via the post office is the way forward (makes sense really)....there could be a letter hoovering over the buidling when someone has left you a message :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:

Yeah as per the other threads these were on i think the chatting to neighbours is a great idea :) and via the post office is the way forward (makes sense really)....there could be a letter hoovering over the buidling when someone has left you a message :)

Again, could someone please explain and don't you dare go pointing at that search button...
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Well thanks for the shout out (put a dern link in there man). I've seen numerous great ideas for game play on this forum. But certainly for me the diversity issue is a big one. We all have the same land, same property, same everything. Okay I hear you, the premium items allow for diversity. And sure to an extent that's true. But it's still limited.

What if we were able to poplutate the houses? Duff factory workers, Teachers, scientists, Town Hall workers. It could be explosive.

And yes I hear you again, but the game isn't stable enough. Well these are just hypothetical suggestions, they exist in a vacuum. Anyway happy tapping y'all.

I don't play Farmville, but I've heard others describe TSTO as such. Is this true and how so?
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:

Again, could someone please explain and don't you dare go pointing at that search button...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9253127.page

From the original post
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    In a nutshell it has been proposed that the PO serve as an in game message center. Really man, you haven't been gone that long. This idea goes back to the early days of the PO.

Surely someone has beat me to the link.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Peru - next time you take a vacation and trek take a wifi card so you stay up to date for christsake
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Ah leave it to MD. He cuts in front of me EVERY time. Gotta type faster. Cheers!
  • melserd
    233 posts
    edited January 2013

Again, could someone please explain and don't you dare go pointing at that search button...[/quote]

In a nutshell, if I remember correctly Peru, somebody put forward that we could use the Post Office as a way to communicate with each other, via our Springfeilds, therefor we don't clog up the forum, as its gone to hell, lol,

Also the Post Office is not used much, apart from Smithers task, so it's a great way to maximise usage.

Anybody out there please feel free to correct me if I'm off with this :lol:

Whoooops, too late as usual :oops: :oops:
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    Ah leave it to MD. He cuts in front of me EVERY time. Gotta type faster. Cheers!

Only because I was too lazy to type a two sentence summary....your solution is far more friendly to Peru, mine I put in the guise of, "hey, here is the original, unaltered"
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:

Search button lol :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry just had to do it ;) Only messing about mate :) Next time you go away just make sure your have WIFI or at the very least good 3G or 4G connection...so you can keep up ;) :P hehe
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • melserd
    233 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Loving the letter hovering idea :lol: it's also a great way to keep our interest in the game alive :P
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    You know reading back over the PO post the suggestion is that you leave a message in the town you visit. I think it should work the other way. You create letters in your town for your friends, so that when they visit you they get the message.

Welcome Peru, RSommons has a message waiting for you.

Suppose it needs to work both ways.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    melserd wrote:
    Loving the letter hovering idea :lol: it's also a great way to keep our interest in the game alive :P

I really like that letter idea as well, and true, would be a great way to keep us in game.....
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    You know reading back over the PO post the suggestion is that you leave a message in the town you visit. I think it should work the other way. You create letters in your town for your friends, so that when they visit you they get the message.

Welcome Peru, RSommons has a message waiting for you.

Suppose it needs to work both ways.

Love this.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    In a nutshell it has been proposed that the PO serve as an in game message center. Really man, you haven't been gone that long. This idea goes back to the early days of the PO.

Surely someone has beat me to the link.
    i

I am both lazy and have a very short memory what is one to do?
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I am stealing 3D gameplay from the other thread just so you know.
  • MayorMcCheez
    150 posts
    edited January 2013
    It's a small suggestion, but in addition to "Other Sprinfield", I think you should be able to visit and vandalize Shelbyville. A certain percentage of the tappable properties would be "booby trapped", and if you can tap on 3 that are not you win $$$, a homer Buddha, spin on a mystery wheel, or a small amount of donuts. If you get "caught", you lose $$$

On a similar note, you could boobytrap 3 of your buildings for your neighbors to avoid while collecting. For every person that taps on a booby trapped building you would get bonus $$$. You would also accumulate a bonus for every consecutive tap in which you avoid a neighbors booby trapped building.
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited January 2013
    How about a simple sign you can plant anywhere you want in game. You can have up to XX amount of letters/spaces. People can click on your sign and read what you posted.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6234 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    They could also introduce collection rewards. Certain Springfield citizens will have unique quests where you collect certain items for them & upon completing them, you are rewarded with unique decorations to put up in your Springfield. These collection quests can be completed several times and the items to collect will spawn at random times during gameplay. Maybe like once a day for each individual character. Collect 12 of each item for that character and that's when you can redeem it for the unique decoration. More collection quests and the characters that will ask for them can be added as new content updates are introduced. This is what I propose. I will make a list of characters and the item they will ask you to collect for them.

Homer - Donuts
    Marge - magazines
    Bart - Krusty brand cereal
    Lisa - Malibu Stacy dolls
    Mr. Burns - radioactive waste
    Smithers - portraits of Mr. Burns
    Comic Book Guy - Radioactive Man comics
    Barney - Duff Beer cans
    Patty & Selma - Laramie cigarette boxes
    Ned Flanders - Bibles
    Apu - Squishee's
    Krusty - Signed autographs
    Snake - Guns
    Groundskeeper Willie - Rakes
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!