EA Forums - Banner

Is Tapped Out Tapped Out?

Prev1
Actually dcline414, I really like the idea of creating our own plots with character tasks... I would certainly run through forum friend story lines! I am going to give this much thought tonight and try to come up with be to pits for anyone who wishes to play along in the morning.

PS - I really love that idea!

Replies

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I think this is the huge challenge they face. Because this game is theme driven people have expectations, but the downfall is we are 100% reliant on the developers for continued interest, other than redesigning out towns, which how often can you do that.

So yes, to a degree it is tapped out unless they can figure out a new business model other than a monthly update every month or so of about 5-10 items.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've have almost finished a complete redesign. Including long paved stretches they walk. For those that can see,

Homer wii walk the pavement to the cool brown house if I send him there
    Grandpa will walk the pavement to go sit by Burns black hole
    Cletus does walk to his farm
    And everyone walks through the cemeteries

But there only so many times I can create crime sprees (I forgot there was a tree right next Edna's window), party down town, group exercise, or dinner time.
  • rodloo
    15 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have been playing since about September and what i mostly do is redecorate my town every few weeks to keep things fresh. I also visit the forums frequently. I hate to say it, but i have started playing this game called middle manager of justice along with TSTO. I also watch simpsons episodes online
  • rodloo
    15 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Actually dcline414, I really like the idea of creating our own plots with character tasks... I would certainly run through forum friend story lines! I am going to give this much thought tonight and try to come up with be to pits for anyone who wishes to play along in the morning.

Congrats on your 2000th post :):):)
  • kschold
    236 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Hopefully EA will realize at some point that this cash cow is going to be milked out of they don't add more content to challenge all the game's multi-millionaires, and will eventually give us bigger, more challenging updates (and a better mix of cash and doughnut content).

Doubtful since the cow is not fed by new content, but new players. For everyone bored with the game who taps less and gripes more, there are ten starry-eyed new level one tappers.
    dcline414 wrote:
    What do you do to tide you over between updates?

Live. LIVE!
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    There is a new episode airing tonight i know it would be asking alot but if they cud add an item or something for each newly aired episode that would be fantastic :) seeing that they dont come out every week anyways :)
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have found some fun in squandering it at Springfield Downs. I don't mind losing the money and it's still fun to win every once in a while. I always bet on the long-shot. It has actually made things slightly interesting again.

And I only win about one out of ten times. Still, it's impossible to deplete $6.8M.

• dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

I know I've seen posters mention plots/routines that they send characters on (i.e. Snake commits crime then goes to jail), but I haven't seen anything formally posted as a challenge with a series of tasks. I think this would be a great idea to keep the forum regulars engaged between updates. And I'm always up for a friendly competition!

I'll try to think up a plot as well, and anyone else who wants should do the same. Here are some groundrules I think we should spell out to make things fair:

Take screenshots before assigning the character's task and before tapping the thumbs up when completed and post thumbnails in response to the challenge thread to document completion.

The poster of a challenge can assign a number of points to be awarded for completion (forum XP) and additional bonuses for 1st/2nd/3rd to finish.

The poster of a challenge may compete if a challenge start time is specified at least 24 hours in advance. If the challenge poster does not wish to compete for points, the challenge can begin immediately when posted.

Challenges can include any non-premium characters/buildings. Tasks for premium characters can be included, but must either be for bonus points or have an alternate storyline for those without the premium character.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited January 2013
    We're just out of the holidays and alot of ppl just spent alot of money on donuts ingame.Im just * sick and tired of the snow limiting my gameplay cause theres no point at all at decorating at the moment and I really hope thwy still support this game and fix the crashes cause people have donuts to spend and theres still lots of needed content to be added.If we let the game down they will do the same.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

I know I've seen posters mention plots/routines that they send characters on (i.e. Snake commits crime then goes to jail), but I haven't seen anything formally posted as a challenge with a series of tasks. I think this would be a great idea to keep the forum regulars engaged between updates. And I'm always up for a friendly competition!

I'll try to think up a plot as well, and anyone else who wants should do the same. Here are some groundrules I think we should spell out to make things fair:

Take screenshots before assigning the character's task and before tapping the thumbs up when completed and post thumbnails in response to the challenge thread to document completion.

The poster of a challenge can assign a number of points to be awarded for completion (forum XP) and additional bonuses for 1st/2nd/3rd to finish.

The poster of a challenge may compete if a challenge start time is specified at least 24 hours in advance. If the challenge poster does not wish to compete for points, the challenge can begin immediately when posted.

Challenges can include any non-premium characters/buildings. Tasks for premium characters can be included, but must either be for bonus points or have an alternate storyline for those without the premium character.

Here's one

Fat Tony employs Snake to collect interest from loan to Barney.

Requires Barney passed out, Snake combing hair, and Fat Tony playing violin. Wiggum patrols and sends them to jail.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I'm totally sick of the constant crashing. It has pretty much sucked the fun out of the game for me.

Setting tasks for the characters takes a good 15 minutes due to the slow way I need to scroll around, repeated synchronizing, and 3 to 6 crashes that inevitably happen even with the precautions.

I've been buying up land and only have four plots left.

I'll see what happens at the next update, but I might wind things down if the crashing problem doesn't improve.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

It might be more fun to devise a scenario where you have to get a screen shot of either a certain character interaction or a type of place... ie create a swimming pool that smithers almost falls into while drunk while duff man laughs.. or something like that (I'm sure someone else can be more creative) that way we have funny pictures to look at, and it's design rather then just task oriented?

I love the idea of forum challenges!
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited January 2013
    For me, it's the snow. There are things I've wanted to do for months, but now I can't because everything looks the same.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    It might be more fun to devise a scenario where you have to get a screen shot of either a certain character interaction or a type of place... ie create a swimming pool that smithers almost falls into while drunk while duff man laughs.. or something like that (I'm sure someone else can be more creative) that way we have funny pictures to look at, and it's design rather then just task oriented?

I love the idea of forum challenges!
    Ooohh! That's a fantastic idea!

dcline414 wrote:
    Forum XP - it never stops accumulating. ;)
    I really think you are on to something here, dcline414!

rodloo wrote:
    Congrats on your 2000th post :):):)
    Thanks rodloo! I almost wish I had stayed up late enough to notice... almost. I really love sleeping. Sleeping and posting. Oh, and tapping too. ;)
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    Here's one

Fat Tony employs Snake to collect interest from loan to Barney.

Requires Barney passed out, Snake combing hair, and Fat Tony playing violin. Wiggum patrols and sends them to jail.
    Sounds great!

I would suggest starting a new thread with a distinct title (CHALLENGE: Fat Tony Employs Snake). The first post should tell the story, then itemize the tasks/screenshots required. Any replies would (hopefully) be challenge related or posters who have completed the challenge.

Don't forget to specify the FXP (forum XP) earned for completion so we can keep a running total and compete against each other completing challenges!
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    For me, it's the snow. There are things I've wanted to do for months, but now I can't because everything looks the same.

There's a lot at play here for me. Like many here, I was grinding on this game for four months. Scheduled much of my life around task completion times, and i spent an awful amount of time in this forum. It worked for me because my job slows a bit over the year-end holidays. Now in the new year, I'm very busy at work again and am finding it harder to dedicate so much time to a game I've grown bored with.

Why have i grown bored? I have about $3.3M game cash, all buildings and premiums, all the land, and embarked two weeks ago on a complete redesign. I was going to wait until after the snow to start the redesign, but my boredom drove me to start drawing up my new town on paper and in Visio. Then I started with my redesign, and that's when it started to become very unstable. So I mostly stopped working on my redesign.

I'm enjoying this bit of down time from the game. I now send all on 24 or 12 hour tasks, and am awaiting an update that hopefully fixes the stability issues once and for all. I'll be psyched when the next update is released, but no matter how good it is, if the stability issues aren't fixed, I'll likely throw in the towel and quit playing TSTO.

• RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    So I made this photo challenge: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9266697.page

It can earn up to 200 points. Should those be considered forum points (FXP)? What's a point range per challenge?
    Sorry, I posted the challenge before fully reading the rest of this thread.
  • HankScorrpio
    166 posts
    edited January 2013
    I posted about this in a level 25 thread, I am just coming upto this stage and I wondered how all you 'maxed out' players were feeling with being at the limit?

I have just reached level 25 and am aiming to get Channel 6 next so a fair few buildings left which is keeping me playing, however I can anticipate that when there are none left I will really struggle to want to play on.

For those who were level 25, did it take ages for the Burns Manor to arrive? Did that give you some joy for a while?
    Should they look to not just do 1 or 2 buildings update every 2/3mths but actually up the level cap to say 30-35 and create a lot more tasks for you, whilst raising the cost of buildings and length of tasks to extend playing time for you?
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    So I made this photo challenge: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9266697.page

It can earn up to 200 points. Should those be considered forum points (FXP)? What's a point range per challenge?
    Sorry, I posted the challenge before fully reading the rest of this thread.
    Excellent!!

I think the points should be in line with the game... up to 200 (w/bonuses) seems like a great range per challenge to me. Let's say that 200 is the earning cap per post to keep things from getting too lop-sided.

I had started to make a task-series challenge, but after thinking about it a single screenshot challenge seems better... RSommons challenge sets a great precedent which all others can only hope to follow!

Edit... Please excuse my brain's shortcomings... It it still morning and my coffee apparently isn't working yet!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    For those who were level 25, did it take ages for the Burns Manor to arrive? Did that give you some joy for a while?
    Should they look to not just do 1 or 2 buildings update every 2/3mths but actually up the level cap to say 30-35 and create a lot more tasks for you, whilst raising the cost of buildings and length of tasks to extend playing time for you?
    Yes, the update was a long time coming.

I would really like to see game-cash skins for buildings/characters that earn bonuses. For example, homer could carry an iPad that doubles his payout for his iPad task. Flanders/Lovejoy could carry a bible that increases bible-study or sermon-preaching payouts. The restaurants could have a bigger sign/billboard that increases their payout (and/or is customizable).

These accessories could be a great way to challenge maxed out players while allowing small bragging rights in the form of showing off character accessories. They should probably be prohibitively expensive, but not cost game cash. That way we could look forward to adding accessories and have a reason to again save up game cash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.