EA Forums - Banner

Political Lawn Signs

'Tis the season! I used pumpkins to spell out a two-word election message, and put it right in my landing area so my neighbors would see it. I figure that if I lose a few, well, then there will be openings for anyone who appreciates the idea! (Hint hint.)

I'm curious if anyone else is doing this. Also, would it be breaking forum rules to share a pic? It isn't obscene....

Replies

• 11EEvey
    2980 posts Member
    I play the game to get away from real world stuff like this. I would delete you whether I agreed or not. The game is no place for that.
  • Interesting response! My attitude had been that since the writers are willing to make their political leanings apparent, it would be within the spirit of the game for a player to do the same. Until I've had a chance to think this through (and wrangle a way to post images, since apparently my go-to method doesn't work any more), here's the toned-down message that now appears in my town: VOTE!
  • You could write "vote kodos" for Hillary or "vote kang" for Trump. I agree with you, it's within the spirit of the event.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't agree. I think it's a terrible idea. And a great way to start a fight. Political views shouldn't be a part of any game let alone this one. It's bad enough there is US flags in the game that make me want to puke....I don't want it going past that.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • politics ? debatable I guess

533im9.jpg
  • Here's what's in my town for now (if this link works):
    TSTO-VOTE.jpg
    I do in fact care quite a bit about the outcome of this election... but high voter turnout generally favors my party anyway, so I'll likely just stick with this message. :)
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    OP, nice. I don't know how you had it before. I can only see "trump" fitting the space, hah!

I really like the wall around the MAG best.
    1pillform wrote: »
    I don't agree. I think it's a terrible idea. And a great way to start a fight. Political views shouldn't be a part of any game let alone this one. It's bad enough there is US flags in the game that make me want to puke....I don't want it going past that.
    You want to puke because of a flag? :confused: Why not just burn it? I honestly don't care. Eat it, puke it up... My country (not my government) is great but please feel free to do what you want to the flag. You can't hurt it because it's just a symbol.

Secondly, the politics is in the game, whether satirical or direct, check the dialogue. So, maybe you should quit playing since it's happening right now.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    It's not just a wall:
    MAGcombo.jpg
    (Some other areas of my town are a mess, but if anyone wants to see more, I've got some friend slots available.)
    simp7fan wrote: »
    Secondly, the politics is in the game, whether satirical or direct, check the dialogue. So, maybe you should quit playing since it's happening right now.
    If someone is bothered by politics or national symbols, then yeah, they're going to occasionally react negatively to Simpsons stuff. Not going to tell anyone to stop playing, though!
  • DrTrowel wrote: »
    MAGcombo.jpg
    (Some other areas of my town are a mess, but if anyone wants to see more, I've got some friend slots available.)

Awesome Design!
  • Right on, love the designs. People argue on here and online about anything and everything. Free speech and all that jazz. I love my country.
    It's not just a wall:
    MAGcombo.jpg
    If someone is bothered by politics or national symbols, then yeah, they're going to occasionally react negatively to Simpsons stuff. Not going to tell anyone to stop playing, though!
    I figured there might be a 3D design but since I couldn't see it... It's a nice design but I still mostly like the walls.... the Nero with a wailing wall... just great together.

On helping him to quit... he said games shouldn't have politics, so since it does maybe that was the best action. I don't want the guy to vomit because of TSTO. Otherwise, yeah, he should stay and just enjoy our American flags. I have almost every other country's flag in my game, too. Maybe even some "evil" countries...I haven't really checked. But they represent the people not the corrupt governments, I hope....
  • Well. That was something. Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Trying to communicate through the game was a fascinating experiment; like 3D building or town design generally, the challenge is to figure out how to do something clever with limited resources that are intended for other purposes. Next time around, though, if I truly care deeply I'll have to put my energies into creating a more effective soapbox, in some other medium!

My post-election message:
    Yech.jpg
  • Haha, you're fun. I agree, a broader and stronger soapbox. *sigh*
    Here's what's in my town for now (if this link works):
    TSTO-VOTE.jpg
    I do in fact care quite a bit about the outcome of this election... but high voter turnout generally favors my party anyway, so I'll likely just stick with this message. :)

I like that, I like that