EA Forums - Banner

Debris donuts

Prev1
I'm pretty sure it random which debris gives donuts. There was a thread a few days ago with a way to possible exploit getting donuts every time but it was a bit much

Replies

• christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Herm412 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it random which debris gives donuts. There was a thread a few days ago with a way to possible exploit getting donuts every time but it was a bit much

Could be but I am pretty sure there is a count on it... Ok I'll have to document my count next time... We will see
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    It's random. I have cleaned up probably 150 pieces, if not more, and have received one donut.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    It's random. I have cleaned up probably 150 pieces, if not more, and have received one donut.

Ww I bought a single strip of land, maybe 50 bits of junk no got 2 so far!
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013

I only have 2 strips of land left (around 26 pieces) and I'd say I've gotten 5 or 6. Usually I clean them in big chunks if that makes any difference, but I really think it is just random.
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited January 2013
    Funny. Just last night I got 3 doughnuts from one strip.
  • ThorButtockth
    190 posts
    edited January 2013
    I hadn't gotten any for the first few months I'd been playing. About 2 weeks ago, I got 2 in a row (as in, 2 debris pieces in a row). None since. Seems random.
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    Someone awhile back posited that certain spots on the grid (and therefore certain specific pieces of debris) had debris with donuts. There seemed to be some corroboration at the time but it was based on a few squares only. Whatever it is there aren't very many and pretty much not worrying about, unless you're very close to getting something nice and need a couple more donuts.
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited January 2013
    "unless you're very close to getting something nice and need a couple more donuts. "

Yeah, I was in that boat needing 2 more donuts for the Krusty Studios, then I accidentally tapped on Bumblebee man, who I am now stuck with as a constant reminder of how much I hate the lack of an "are you sure" option for donuts!
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Through my testing (and with a couple of other users verification), I feel 99.9% comfortable saying the donuts are RANDOMLY PLACED. I will let you know in a few weeks whether or not the AMOUNT of DONUTS on the grid is random, or if there is a fixed number.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Through my testing (and with a couple of other users verification), I feel 99.9% comfortable saying the donuts are RANDOMLY PLACED. I will let you know in a few weeks whether or not the AMOUNT of DONUTS on the grid is random, or if there is a fixed number.

Cool thanks, just an update.. Had one more today but it was well more debris than my first thinking of around 23 so yeah I agree random.
  • ilovetrish
    54 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've only ever received a donut for cleaning debris once. And that was in the beginning of the game. :(
  • jferentz
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have a lot of land left and have netted 5-6 donuts so far.
    All donuts have been from Homer.
  • bendermac
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    there is no definitive answer for debris-donuts. you can get lucky and get a lot of them or very unlucky and not receive a single one.

so far i get like 5 or 6 from homer and lisa :)
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've never gotten a donut from debris.

I wonder if it's because I usually move it first? I have some debris I'm using as decorations so when I want Homer and Lisa to clean the rest up, I move it to right in front of them so they don't get what I want to keep.

Would that remove a donut, I wonder?
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    BDIHP wrote:

I wonder if it's because I usually move it first? I have some debris I'm using as decorations so when I want Homer and Lisa to clean the rest up, I move it to right in front of them so they don't get what I want to keep.

I do the same thing you do but I've gotten donuts for clearing up still. :)
  • n0iseb0t
    94 posts
    edited January 2013
    over the weekend I got maybe 8-9 doughnuts from clearing trash, I'd say maybe 16+ since I started? I'm down to the final back strip of land though, so maybe it's the outer/expensive squares that hold all the doughnuts. (really, I'd have no problem with spending $50k-100k on a doughnut if it was an option, better than hoping for surprise/random finds or spending actual money).
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have had pretty good luck getting one within 18. When you find one, wait 24 hours before you clean up any more.
  • yoshiskills
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    I found 25 donuts in a homer Buddha, then I spent 6 donuts on a mystery box and I got a small bush. Then when I exited, all my donuts were gone.? But at least I had my bush...yay...?
  • sellhigh378
    202 posts
    edited January 2013
    BDIHP wrote:

Since the Jan update I have received 9 donuts from debris, I move them into a large pile until I have at least 20 pieces as I have some I am using for decor and there has been no issue with getting them.

Seems fairly random too me. :-o :D
  • whatUsaid82
    76 posts
    edited January 2013
    Got one on my last piece of trash the other day. :shock:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!