EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #9: THOH 2016: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT III

Here we are once more guys!! It's Hallowe'en, where I go through another month of explaining why I write (or type) Hallowe'en with that little apostrophe between the two "e" letters! As usual, I'll be adding an Event Calendar in both picture and text form, as well as any Maths Breakdowns, hints and tips that come up during the event. So if you have any smart trick or treats for us (oh man, I'm so proud of that one!!), please add them here and I'll collect them on the front page!!

I'd also like to ask that you practice patience if there are any issues that come up because of the change in forum set-up. I'm sure it will all be okay and if there are any problems they will be quickly solved and arise through my own stupidity more than anything, but please bear in mind that I'm on the nay list of who likes the new set-up, and am still learning how to perform the things I used to do.

Also, because I can no longer add notes to my bookmarks, and count the Event Threads I have created, I've tried to implement a system to replace this into the thread titles. If it's not working, is confusing, or you have a better idea, please PM me, DON'T RESPOND HERE, and I'll have a look at your idea! :)

Act I Strategy Thread:
https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/82101/event-thread-9-thoh-2016-q-a-and-strategy-thread-act-i/p1
Act II Strategy Thread:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/83439/event-thread-9-thoh-2016-q-a-and-strategy-thread-act-ii

Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Direwolf has created a thread to show you how to rectify this issue.
Please check this at the start of every event
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9765499.page

I've also provided links to all of LPNintendo's various threads on this event, which covers anything not covered here.
Thanks to Aidx for collecting these together.
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Crafting

How to Earn Obols:
    1. Trick or Treat Jobs
    2. Tapping Feral Animals
    3. MAG Points
    4. Clapboardss
    5. Daily Challenges (Random Chance)

Trick or Treaters
    Bart Simpson-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Squeaky-Voiced Teen-2 Obol & 40 Clapboards
    Milhouse-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Martin-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Nelson-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Ralph-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Rod-2 Obol & 30 Clapboards
    Todd-2 Obol & 30 Megaphones
    Shauna-2 Obol & 40 Clapboards
    Sherri & Terri-2 Obol & 40 Clapboards
    Lisa-2 Obol & 30 Megaphones
    Dolph-2 Obol & 30 Megaphones
    Kearney-2 Obol & 40 Megaphones

Feral Animal Spawn Rate
    TBC

Clapboards Characters
    Space Mutant
    Suzanne the Witch
    Count Burns
    Booberella

Fighting Monsters
    (150 Clapboards Each)
    Homer
    Apu
    Cletus
    Krusty
    Skinner
    Willie
    Comic Book Guy
    Reverend Lovejoy
    Marge
    Moe
    Herman
    Death
    Space Marshmallow
    The Blinky Monster
    Gravedigger Billy
    Crazy Iguana Lady
    Werewolf Ned

Amount of Obols needed to Increase Crafting Level
    Cumulative Amount-Per Level Amount
    Level 2- 30 Obols-30 Obols
    Level 3- 90 Obols-60 Obols
    Level 4- 170 Obols-90 Obols
    Level 5- 270 Obols-100 Obols
    Level 6-485 Obols-215 Obols
    Level 7- 765 Obols-280 Obols
    Level 8- 1,070 Obols-305 Obols
    Level 9- 1,375 Obols-305 Obols
    Level 10-1,690 Obols-315 Obols
    Level 11-2,180 Obols-490 Obols
    Level 12-2,760 Obols-580 Obols
    Level 13-3,425 Obols-665 Obols
    Level 14- 4,055 Obols-630 Obols??
    Level 15-5,200 Obols-1,145 Obols

MAG Points-Obol Crafting Ratio
    igAcYyBl.jpg
    Compiled by @nedimaz and Muhsterino, edited by AOFIGO009
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • Event Tactics-A Basic Overview
    Spend those Obol Coins on crafting items that reward you MAG Points, as this will get you more Trick or Treat Jobs, getting you even more Obols, and Clapboards too. A very important thing to note is that to get the MAG Points from the crafting, you first have to note that you only get MAG Points from a certain amount of each item, for example, the first 8 Iron Fences will net you some MAG Points, while some items you craft, mostly the re-released items, won't give you any MAG Points at all.

Event Tactics-An In-Depth Look
    I would imagine most people have jumped ahead on the MAG prize track over the past month through premium purchases or additional crafting, but this gives us a benchmark to ensure we're on track to receive the final medieval gate upgrade by the end of the event. Whether you are enthused about the final MAG prize is another matter.
    The final MAG prize is reached at 6410 MAG points. 4770 of those points can come from achieving prizes throughout the event (1665 yet to come from Act Three prizes). That leaves 1640 MAG points needed through other means. There are 2350 MAG points available from craftables - more than enough to make up the difference without any premium purchases. However, if you've missed a prize from Acts One or Two you'll need to pick additional crafting items that grant MAG points (or spend some sprinkles) if you want to finish this prize track.
    Based on proportional crafting currency earnings, and assuming successfully clearing the prize track, we should begin Act Three at MAG level 14. If you have not yet crafted any items my advice is to do so now, focusing on items which provide MAG points, to unlock trick-or-treating tasks and increase earning potential. Dolph's trick-or-treating task (MAG level 17) is the last task unlocked via the MAG prize track. According to this calendar his task should be unlocked by November 8 (one week into Act Three), but the sooner this level is reached the sooner he starts contributing to your crafting/event currency earnings.
    Combined calendar - event currency/MAG points
    November 1 - Act Three starts, 4130 MAG points 100 Crafting Currency
    November 2 - 5627 clapboards, 4306 MAG points
    November 3 - 11,254 clapboards Medieval Cathedral, 4482 MAG points
    November 4 - 16,881 clapboards, 4658 MAG points Gate Upgrade
    November 5 - 22,508 clapboards Wolf Rock, 4834 MAG points
    November 6 - 28,135 clapboards 450 Crafting Currency, 5010 MAG points 200 Crafting Currency
    November 7 - 33,762 clapboards, 5186 MAG points
    November 8 - 39,389 clapboards Werewolf Flanders, 5362 MAG points Dolph's task
    November 9 - 45,016 clapboards, 5538 MAG points
    November 10 - 50,643 clapboards, 5714 MAG points 200 Crafting Currency
    November 11 - 56,270 clapboards Mad Doctor's Castle, 5890 MAG points
    November 12 - 61,897 clapboards 450 Crafting Currency, 6066 MAG points 350 Event Currency
    November 13 - 67,524 clapboards, 6242 MAG points
    November 14 - 73,150 clapboards Frinkenstein, 6410 MAG points Gate Upgrade
    November 15 - Event ends
    Complied by @00becker, edited by AOFIGO009
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Clapboards have completed in act 2, for act three its megaphones.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • adruralo52 wrote: »
    Clapboards have completed in act 2, for act three its megaphones.

Oh yeah! I normally change that, but forgot to this time!! I'll try and find time to change it today, but I think everybody knows it by now!! :)
  • Great post! Add Werewolf Ned, he can also fight monsters

• I always enjoy these threads. Thanks for posting.

The large book packs each award 500 obols. It might also be worth mentioning that feral monsters now drop four obols in Act III instead of the two (if I'm remembering correctly) awarded in Act II. I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but it's worth repeating because it has really helped me gather obols faster in the final stretch. Make sure you're clearing the feral monsters!
  • baksinengl89
    804 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I think the calendar maybe wrong cuz in my game it says you need 50,850 Megaphones for the Mad Doctors Castle not 56,270 like it says here.

Also I can confirm its 58,000 Megaphones for prize 6 of act 3, the second large Obol pack not 61,897 like the calendar is claiming.
  • I think the calendar maybe wrong cuz in my game it says you need 50,850 Megaphones for the Mad Doctors Castle not 56,270 like it says here.

Also I can confirm its 58,000 Megaphones for prize 6 of act 3, the second large Obol pack not 61,897 like the calendar is claiming.
    The calendar shows the number of megaphones you need that day in order to complete the prize track on time, not the number for each of the prizes. If you stay on track with the calendar, you should unlock the prize shown the day the picture is on.
  • Bump!
  • Ba-bump!