EA Forums - Banner

TSTO PICTURE CHALLENGE #2: Nap Time! [MOVED]

Prev1
Dunno if that's correct but here's go nothing.
( If I'm posting the wrong stuff please let me now )
22jv6.png

Replies

• dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    22jv6.png
    I believe that you must have at least ONE of the non-bonus items in the picture to get credit... But since this is still a new concept I'll go ahead and award you 55 points (20 for 1st place, 25 for Otto, and 10 points for SLH).
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    22jv6.png
    I believe that you must have at least ONE of the non-bonus items in the picture to get credit... But since this is still a new concept I'll go ahead and award you 45 points (20 for 1st place and 25 for Otto).
    So let me see if I understood.
    If I add any of this,
    5 pts: Brockman - Relax
    5 pts: Grandpa: - Take a nap
    5 pts: Fat Tony: Dirt nap (Get rid of a problem)
    10 pts: Barney - Sleep in the gutter
    10 pts: Quimby: Nap in brown house (complete, thumbs up)
    15 pts: Homer - Oversleep Power Nap (complete, thumbs up)
    15 pts: Wiggum - Nap in the S.W.A.T. Van (complete, thumbs up)
    20 pts: Bart - Have a sleepover (complete, thumbs up)
    20 pts: Millhouse - Have a sleepover (complete, thumbs up)
    25 pts: Smithers - Sleep it off (complete, thumbs up),
    I'll get more points? Is that?
    What about the SLH?
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    22jv6.png
    I believe that you must have at least ONE of the non-bonus items in the picture to get credit... But since this is still a new concept I'll go ahead and award you 45 points (20 for 1st place and 25 for Otto).
    So let me see if I understood.
    If I add any of this,
    25 pts: Smithers - Sleep it off (complete, thumbs up),
    I'll get more points? Is that?
    What about the SLH?
    Sorry... I missed SLH! That adds 10 FXP for a total of 55 FXP.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ahhh, this one is going to take a while. I'll be back...:)
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    yIEgtV2l.png

No thumbs up for me, the only ones that can realy be verified are Bart and Milhouse.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited January 2013
    Not sure the thumbs up over a building makes sense for a picture challenge. That won't tell you what challenge it was and since a lot of characters are indoors you'd have to just move all the buildings next to each other?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thumbs up works for me, scouts' honor!

(But I see your point.)
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    Not sure the thumbs up over a building makes sense for a picture challenge. That won't tell you what challenge it was and since a lot of characters are indoors you'd have to just move all the buildings next to each other?

Yeah I kind of agree with this. Made me think twice about partaking in this delightful competition. Interesting as it might be, there is no way to confirm or deny that the people in the buildings are doing the said tasks or are even the said people needed for the task.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Each task complete:
    NapTime1_zps737a697f.jpg

And just to prove that the correct people were behind those floating thumbs ups:
    NapTime2_zps7a364d01.jpg

THEME PICTURES:
    25 pts: Smithers - Sleep it off (complete, thumbs up)

SPEED BONUS:
    5 pts - all other picture posters

PREMIUM BONUS:
    25 pts - Otto on bus (sleeping it off)

160 total
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Agreed, the thumb part, even with taking scouts honor takes away a little of the joy of seeing everyone. I would say let's try to keep these to outdoor tasks, but that is just me.

My one request on this is not to have this back to back to the other challenge, or pick characters not affected by the other challenge. There was no way I could make Grandpa take a nap right after I put him to feed the birds. The timing was just too close. Between those two things I think that is why the response to this one was so much less than the other challenge.

With the next photo challenge coming tomorrow at 1EST my guess is that will get the majority of the responses as well. Maybe we can think of a different challenge here, or at least one that is completely divergent of what RSommons is about to throw at us.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Uh oh. I have a thumbs up challenge coming. It's a bit of a mix, bare with it. It's all discovery at this point.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Are you rebutting my points? I rebut your rebuttal!
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, cannot say I am a huge fan of the thumbs challenge, I like pictures of the people, not a hovering thumb.

Spiff, are you asking me if I am rebutting you points? No, not at all, I rebutt nothing....
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    Agreed, the thumb part, even with taking scouts honor takes away a little of the joy of seeing everyone. I would say let's try to keep these to outdoor tasks, but that is just me.

My one request on this is not to have this back to back to the other challenge, or pick characters not affected by the other challenge. There was no way I could make Grandpa take a nap right after I put him to feed the birds. The timing was just too close. Between those two things I think that is why the response to this one was so much less than the other challenge.

With the next photo challenge coming tomorrow at 1EST my guess is that will get the majority of the responses as well. Maybe we can think of a different challenge here, or at least one that is completely divergent of what RSommons is about to throw at us.

Good points.

That's why I went with the "parking space" for the next challenge. Hard to tell who is going to do what to the wall by that time. And what if, just what if an update comes!? Anyway, no update the challenge moves forward...

Try the next challenge (with thumbs) and maybe we can see from there. I can imagine a few scenarios where the thumb would work well.

Super difficult (read: please help) designing a time based contest for a GLOBAL clock.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    Try the next challenge (with thumbs) and maybe we can see from there. I can imagine a few scenarios where the thumb would work well.

Being the clever girl that I am, I did before/after screen captures with the thumbs, then the people released.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:

Super difficult (read: please help) designing a time based contest for a GLOBAL clock.

Let it be said I always keep an open mind. I might be the most open minded and tolerant here on the board you ******wads. No, I am fine and I trust that it can work, I will still play. Not like I am designing the game so I can just shut up unless I want to do something about it.

Hmmm, time based globally, that is tough...let me think
    spiffshine wrote:
    RSommons wrote:

Being the clever girl that I am, I did before/after screen captures with the thumbs, then the people released.

I did not see a time stamp and believe you just released some random person from the police station...cheater, CHEATER I call from high. I kid, I kid....relax
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:

I had to google wth was what time you guys were talking about. :?
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    OH, my apologies dcline, I completely forgot we were on the actual challenge thread here. Seems we strayed into topics we should have posted on another thread.

My contrition is an older capture I have, not a winner by any means but my attempt to get this back on track.

Again, sorry.

iEfHA8B.jpg?1
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    Bump from WAAAAY down...

Sorry to everyone that my first attempt at a challenge was too hard, too easy to cheat on, and poorly timed. There are other smaller challenges going on, and people are finishing the valentines event and playing through level 26. So I am going to keep this one open for a while, allowing people to complete at their leisure. You probably can't max out the points on this one (and if you can, you need a life!) but hopefully it is still a worthwhile challenge.

A few responses to earlier posts:
    No thumbs up for me, the only ones that can realy be verified are Bart and Milhouse.
    Good point... the points will be awarded on the honor system.
    zoephoto wrote:
    Another good point... I was thinking that you would just get as many as you can in the picture, not rearrange to try and get everything. Stupid over-achievers! :wink:
    mdfriend wrote:
    Sorry... I was over-eager to start another challenge. I blame ADD. :mrgreen:

So as imperfect as it may be, I want to award points to those who already submitted, and give others who wish to play a chance to strategize. So I will keep this challenge open until the end of the month (midnight GMT on February 28).
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Glad to see this got extended. I'll probably give it a go tomorrow and probably do it Spiff-style and take a screenshot of the thumbs up and then a screenshot after releasing everyone.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.