EA Forums - Banner

Best wishes today for our American Tappers

Replies

• johncolombo
    11425 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2016
    I am not very happy, I thought Trump might win, but it was just a passing thought. But watching the returns he may pull it off. Please don't hate us if he wins. Most Americans that are progressive live in the larger cities. America is large landmass with a lot of small towns.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I am not very happy, I thought Trump might win, but it was just a passing thought. But watching the returns he may pull it off. Please don't hate us if he wins. Most Americans that are progressive live in the larger cities. America is large landmass with a lot of small towns.

This. ^

The same thing happened in June, many acted as if the entire UK voted to leave the EU, but really the vote was split 52/48, and both Scotland & Northern Ireland voted to remain.

And yeah, the maps are rurally red dotted with densely populated blue cities, for the most part.
  • johncolombo
    I am not very happy, I thought Trump might win, but it was just a passing thought. But watching the returns he may pull it off. Please don't hate us if he wins. Most Americans that are progressive live in the larger cities. America is large landmass with a lot of small towns.

This. ^

The same thing happened in June, many acted as if the entire UK voted to leave the EU, but really the vote was split 52/48, and both Scotland & Northern Ireland voted to remain.

And yeah, the maps are rurally red dotted with densely populated blue cities, for the most part.

Trump just took my state
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Historical day. Sadly, history is not always good.

Funny thing. He only got 3 of 5 in my state. I was so optimistic when I heard that 3 hours ago.

Edit: maybe just one. It doesn't really matter :bawling:

2nd Edit: Its still not over, as of 11:30 my time. There is still a chance. Sadly, this election could last 2 more months.
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    My worst nightmare has come true. trump is President. Very very sadface :'(:'(:'(
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • In the words of chris Jericho
    Hey Americans voting Donald Trump
    wfeZZVM.jpg
    With brexit there are legal challenges to stop it and it might not happen if they get their way. With Trump you can't stop that.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • I've also heard Canada's immigration website has crashed. Oops.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• Well, if we were to hate everyone in a country because they voted Trump or they voted Brexit, we wouldn't be much better than Trump himself, right?
    I am not American, so I cannot say for certain if I would've voted Trump or Hillary or maybe someone else.

Most people don't hate all of America because of this. They just don't understand how so many people can vote for him. But, every country has it fair share of people who would vote for him or someone similar in their country.

The world is a mess right now. And every year it seems to get a bit worse. Unfortunately, we are not doing a while lot to make it better.

Let's just hope i won't have to start hoarding bottlecaps (I'm doing it, just in case).
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    It’s official. We are a nation of ...272758806_1280x720.jpg

• every country has it fair share of people who would vote for him or someone similar in their country.

Unfortunately, yes.
  • I think the appeal with Trump is that people just got fed up with how corrupt so many of our politicians in Washington have become. For the most part, Trump funded his own campaign so he won't have lobbyists and large donors controlling his actions as President.

So many of our politicians are so deep into the "Pay to Play" game that they have lost sight of concerns for the people and are consumed with climbing the political ladder and lining their designer pocket$. And the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation are pros at it. (Read the Wikileaks..and they are still under investigation :( )

Good or bad, I hope after what was a ruthless and disrespectful election process that this Nation can come together and get some work done. There's a lot that's been neglected and a lot that needs improvement.

@johncolombo Did you really mean to offend 60 million Trump voters by suggesting that they might not be "progressive" ? ;)
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • @IckabodSchrek Trump asked for donations from uk MPs. He won't have used his money to fund it all he would have used some donations. I don't think any business man/woman would use their money.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• HomerND84 wrote: »
    @IckabodSchrek Trump asked for donations from uk MPs. He won't have used his money to fund it all he would have used some donations. I don't think any business man/woman would use their money.
    You can check his donors online.
  • @johncolombo Did you really mean to offend 60 million Trump voters by suggesting that they might not be "progressive" ? ;)

I know you're addressing John, but I hope you don't mind if I ask if you're being facetious?

I know many Trump voters, and not one of them would self-describe as "progressive."

I'm not a big fan of the Clintons, but I did what I could for Hillary's campaign because a Trump presidency endangers marriage equality and health care access. His policies would also lead, I believe, to further divisions between the rich and poor. I believe that because I'm a progressive.

I've already broken my cardinal rule tonight of never engaging in a politial discussion online, so please don't take my question as anything other than an attempt to understand an opposing point of view. Seriously, this is not my first rodeo, and I'm trying to understand why everyone, including me, got it wrong.
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    @IckabodSchrek Trump asked for donations from uk MPs. He won't have used his money to fund it all he would have used some donations. I don't think any business man/woman would use their money.
    You can check his donors online.

He would have got donations. Probably doesn't want to declare them.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• 33affrc.jpg.
    @HomerND84 It's the law in our country that donations be clear.
    @Pinpal00 Yes your right. I was addressing John. But since you're curious, I would find it difficult to put 60 million people in any category. ;)
  • @IckabodSchrek I still wouldn't believe that.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• johncolombo
    Just woke up, I went to bed before all the numbers were in. As dire as it looked last night I couldn't believe when pulling up the news on my phone that Trump won.
  • I hope everyone who didn't bother to vote or voted for 3rd party candidates is happy with the results. (insert sarcasm)
    So sad for my country... :'(
  • mystery2mi wrote: »
    I hope everyone who didn't bother to vote or voted for 3rd party candidates is happy with the results. (insert sarcasm)

When you have the choice between pest and cholera, selecting one of them would be sarcastic.
    Maybe they didn't "not bother to vote" but wanted to retain a clean conscience.

Ah, anyway, the bright side is, according to Simpsons history, the next president will be Lisa Simpson.