EA Forums - Banner

"Themes? I make up whole stories"

Prev1
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does things like this. I send people to their jobs and school during the day and in the evenings I have them 'hit the town' by going out to dinner and the movies or to the bar. I also order things appropriately, like Barney can't sober up if he hasn't been drinking right before. I'm not sure if this is creative or if it's just my CDO (obsessive compulsive disorder in proper, alphabetical order) :)

Replies

  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that does things like this. I send people to their jobs and school during the day and in the evenings I have them 'hit the town' by going out to dinner and the movies or to the bar. I also order things appropriately, like Barney can't sober up if he hasn't been drinking right before. I'm not sure if this is creative or if it's just my CDO (obsessive compulsive disorder in proper, alphabetical order) :)

    Used to be I had to send Bart and Milhouse on the same tasks together whenever I had them doing anything. I've since broken them up because I've been constantly trying to have an active Springfield. However, this morning, even though I don't even have him in my game yet, I got to thinking about an entire bit of homemade plot involving Hank Scorpio and his need to take over Springfield. It started turning into this really wacky possible way to get as many characters out on the streets of Springfield as possible. It didn't even matter if the task was even considered physical fitness to begin with if it made it look like someone was out for a stroll or riding something with wheels it would work for the storyline. The only bump in the road would be having double the Burns in town if you wanted him to be using an outdoor task. This of course works if you can stand to ignore the side tasks that show up to do the overall homemade plot.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    Guess nobody else does stuff like this or might be up for trying to do a user made storyline. That or they're too busy playing Tapped Out to respond to the thread.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I mainly send people on whatever outdoor task looks the coolest, but I like your fitness theme. You should post a picture challenge with it!
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    I agree! Give us a challenge! Look how popular the last one was. Can you tell we are craving it? Neeeeeeed moooooore tapping.

    Also, don't feel bad about the slow response. Things are slower here today since H1 decided to get a life yesterday.
    Boo-urns.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have done some matching up tasks with characters and have a scenario in my warped brain when I snap a pic of those little monkeys doing their naughty things in my town.
    Keeps it interesting and feels like a mini Simpsons episode lol.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Humans and their pets have been caged in my secondary Springfield, for wildlife's amusement.

    f8403ff4a6a42b1e6f1f38651d7f0553_zps309486da.jpg
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    Hahaha Julius must get a screen when Lovejoy`s dog pee`s on barney :mrgreen:
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Hehe, Brenner, I'll try sometime. :)
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow Julius that little circle thing is awesome, looks like a clip for a dream sequence
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, md! It's my "playground" game, so there's tons of space and memory to toy around with. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the circle yet. I might turn it into a swirl and make a whole bunch of different sized ones, going in different directions, all over the land. I only plan on transferring a couple creations made there to my main game (e.g. the hedge-bug) 'cause I ain't got much room to spare in that one, lol.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    That circle is great :) Very impressive :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Never thought of a "playground" game, wow, should I start another, but ugh, all the work of tapping a second one, hmmm, but to have a blank canvas to play with is tempting as I am quite bored of the normal town now and am feeling a need to do something....what, not sure, but something. What I see above is inspiring.

    Speaking of, hurry and do whatever and get pics, who knows if the snow stays or goes and the checker pattern just is not as good without the snow.

    And yes, I am sending you an invite, decline if you want, I won't take it personal, just cry myself to sleep for the next year, but it is going, must see more.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    I mainly send people on whatever outdoor task looks the coolest, but I like your fitness theme. You should post a picture challenge with it!

    I agree! Give us a challenge! Look how popular the last one was. Can you tell we are craving it? Neeeeeeed moooooore tapping.

    Also, don't feel bad about the slow response. Things are slower here today since H1 decided to get a life yesterday.
    Boo-urns.

    Ask and ye shall receive. I'll work up something for all of you guys.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, Neo! :)


    Md, oh do; I always keep room free for forum folk! I'm afraid my main game isn't as exciting though, and is a bit of a mess right now as I started a massive redesign that the snow has all but halted. I look forward to checking out that power plant of yours!

    You should start a playground game when you find the time and motivation; so much fun! The only real pain in the a$s is getting that initial land, but with the new visiting bonuses, you should have a nice big swatch within a week.

    And I have been thinking about the checker-pattern vs. the thaw, lol. *whispers* *I'm hoping The Great Melt doesn't come till March*

  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    Ask and ye shall receive. I'll work up something for all of you guys.

    Excellent! Thanks Chibihalo. :)

    This forum photo challenge is more fun than I thought, and I thought it was going to be fun! It's nice to have a goal in mind with all this eternal waiting...
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    I do such things.

    The fitness craze, if they don't have some outdoor activity with movement they go inside and hide.

    Or go on a crime spree, and see how many anti-social activities they can do outside. Marge and Lisa are the spoil sports here. Everyone can be perverted into such a task, even if they don't specifically have one.

    Or the weekend ho down, where they either play music, dance, watch, or protest everyone else having fun.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:
    Ask and ye shall receive. I'll work up something for all of you guys.

    Excellent! Thanks Chibihalo. :)

    This forum photo challenge is more fun than I thought, and I thought it was going to be fun! It's nice to have a goal in mind with all this eternal waiting...

    Yeah it'll be interesting to see what people can make happen with the little things I have in store. I have this whole little plot going starting with Hank making Springfield stuck in an eternal fitness craze but the only people not under the influence of his ray gun are either asleep, at home birthing babies, or having too much fun laughing at everyone to do anything about it. Then, when that crisis has been resolved a crime spree is going to hit town with robberies, possible homicides, general bully mayhem, skipping school, and the like. I might even have a challenge within a challenge to get Homer either on his myPad or listening to his myPod standing outside of a lit up Mapple store. Should be fun to see how long we can go with this.


    Here's the thread for this: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9269316.page
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    I do such things.

    The fitness craze, if they don't have some outdoor activity with movement they go inside and hide.

    Or go on a crime spree, and see how many anti-social activities they can do outside. Marge and Lisa are the spoil sports here. Everyone can be perverted into such a task, even if they don't specifically have one.

    Or the weekend ho down, where they either play music, dance, watch, or protest everyone else having fun.

    I haven't done the whole make everyone who can play music thing yet because I always have Tony eating at Luigi's and Willie raking leaves. But Hibbert is always sacrificing his principles in order to be seen walking about town to get healthy.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see what people can make happen with the little things I have in store. I have this whole little plot going starting with Hank making Springfield stuck in an eternal fitness craze but the only people not under the influence of his ray gun are either asleep, at home birthing babies, or having too much fun laughing at everyone to do anything about it. Then, when that crisis has been resolved a crime spree is going to hit town with robberies, possible homicides, general bully mayhem, skipping school, and the like. I might even have a challenge within a challenge to get Homer either on his myPad or listening to his myPod standing outside of a lit up Mapple store. Should be fun to see how long we can go with this.

    Leave it to you to come up with something so extravagant, oh thoughtful one. I anxiously look forward to it!
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see what people can make happen with the little things I have in store. I have this whole little plot going starting with Hank making Springfield stuck in an eternal fitness craze but the only people not under the influence of his ray gun are either asleep, at home birthing babies, or having too much fun laughing at everyone to do anything about it. Then, when that crisis has been resolved a crime spree is going to hit town with robberies, possible homicides, general bully mayhem, skipping school, and the like. I might even have a challenge within a challenge to get Homer either on his myPad or listening to his myPod standing outside of a lit up Mapple store. Should be fun to see how long we can go with this.

    Leave it to you to come up with something so extravagant, oh thoughtful one. I anxiously look forward to it!

    I have way too much time on my hands and far too much space between the ears. At any rate the thread is up for that challenge. Should be interesting to see if anyone will be able to get the Double Burns.

    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9269316.page
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!