EA Forums - Banner

Hunter Grant Connor character worthwhile?

Prev13
ZennGlenn
1723 posts Member
edited November 2016
Usually 130donuts & lower are certainly decent deal on character w/bldg... just curious on opinions if seems worthwhile w/ activities & so forth?
Post edited by ZennGlenn on

Replies

• A building and a character for that price is not bad at all and he's voiced but its a gunshot sound when you click on him. He helps with the mini event, he gives 8 pelts per 3 hours.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I'd like to know too. I'm about to dump a bunch of my early Xmas money into the game :p
  • I think he's worthwhile, but then again I also have a ton of donuts to burn, so picking him up wasn't a big deal.
  • His benefits to the game work out well, for personal moral disgust at hunting I wouldn't buy him myself, but his game benefits (at least for this event) are good.
  • Thx... agreed on 'hunting / animal morals', but has solid satire & uniqueness so may go for it after reading decent opinions over on Addicts as well ;)
  • The satire in the main event storyline so far is quite funny
  • I think he's worthwhile, but then again I also have a ton of donuts to burn, so picking him up wasn't a big deal.

I like how you qualify your recommendation.

I kinda wish someone's amount of donuts could be automatically listed next to a person's name etc. when they post here. A "buy it!" recommendation from someone with 200 donuts can carry a different weight than the same words from a person with 3000 donuts.
  • I had to get just because he's a hunter .
  • I have 2300 donuts and I'm passing. It would take a lot for me to buy a season 15 character
  • I'm against hunting. So I really hate this event. In fact I skipped the entire thing. I already got the park. And I do like the RV and the Tent which goes great in the wooded area I got. But I won't ever get that hunting supply crap....and I never seen or heard of that character anyway. I rather spend double that amount of donuts just getting white fences.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • stevedilge752
    198 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    For everyone that is so adamantly against hunters for your sake I hope you're all vegans.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    For everyone that is so adamantly against hunters for your sake I hope you're all vegans.

i didnt see anybody complaining about hunting aliens and zombies!

btw i wouldnt buy him just for the event, as there is no difficulty completing this event and no advantage once the event is finished early (i.e. no bonut rounds)...get him if you want him
  • I wasn't going to buy him, but when people started saying he was "morally objectionable" he became a MUST HAVE! :smiley:

• parkna1234 wrote: »
    His benefits to the game work out well, for personal moral disgust at hunting I wouldn't buy him myself, but his game benefits (at least for this event) are good.

I wasn't going to buy him, but when people started saying he was "morally objectionable" he became a MUST HAVE! :smiley:

What do you think people ate and did for food a hundred years ago I mean it's a video game and you're not going to buy something because you don't like hunting, hunting is one of the ways we keep the animal populations in check. The other would be survival of the fittest.
  • It is not entirely all bad about this character. During his questlines, there is some good written for him. I am against hunting and fishing for fun and entertainment and for trophies. I cannot imagine why would anyone want an animal head for decoration.
  • heyababy47428
    1038 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Snakeyees wrote: »

parkna1234 wrote: »
    His benefits to the game work out well, for personal moral disgust at hunting I wouldn't buy him myself, but his game benefits (at least for this event) are good.

I wasn't going to buy him, but when people started saying he was "morally objectionable" he became a MUST HAVE! :smiley:

What do you think people ate and did for food a hundred years ago I mean it's a video game and you're not going to buy something because you don't like hunting, hunting is one of the ways we keep the animal populations in check. The other would be survival of the fittest.

A hundred years ago people ate mostly rocks and fruit smoothies. The rocks were hunted to near extinction and you can still see teeth marks on some of them. Fruit smoothies became overpopulated and had to be culled by famous American hunter Julius Orange.
  • Snakeyees wrote: »
    What do you think people ate and did for food a hundred years ago I mean it's a video game

Most of the meat consumed in the U.S. 100 years ago was from farms, not from hunting.
  • For everyone that is so adamantly against hunters for your sake I hope you're all vegans.

Funny I was wondering the same thing.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • For everyone that is so adamantly against hunters for your sake I hope you're all vegans.

Funny I was wondering the same thing.

there's a difference between hunting for pleasure and hunting for food. If you are going to hunt for pleasure and do nothing with the animal - except maybe keep it as a trophy - like those people who make news for shooting elephants and lions - that is the problem. Hunting and eating is as old as time and not a problem.

You don't have to be a vegan to see the distinction.

I eat meat, I just like to know where it has come from so I can make the choice of whether to be a part of the chain.

But yeah, it's just a game.. so..
  • Snakeyees wrote: »

parkna1234 wrote: »

That's not really what "survival of the fittest," or natural selection, does. The short version is that it can change the genetic traits of a population over time, which doesn't necessarily reduce the population.

I don't really have an opinion about a hunter as a character in a game, but I don't think hunting only for sport is OK in real life.