EA Forums - Banner

How can you guys tolerate grinding for SH.

2Next

Replies

• I reached a billion tonight. Very happy to not have to bother with Heights for awhile now.
  • I gave up and ignored SH until the 4x bonus. Hit 1B and when the 4x Bonus was over went right back to ignoring it. If there's another 4x bonus I might pay attention again but til then, I just can't.
  • I gave up and ignored SH until the 4x bonus. Hit 1B and when the 4x Bonus was over went right back to ignoring it. If there's another 4x bonus I might pay attention again but til then, I just can't.

Exactly what i did. I really hate grinding, if it wasn't for the 4x bonus i wouldn't even care to get to 1b.
  • I highly expect EA to do the 4x again, only they will set the goal at 10 billion and give us the bonus 4x for 1 day. ;)
  • I finished the last 75% of it on the 4X event. Did it all in about 3 days. If it wasn't for the event. I wouldn't of finished it. I gave up months ago.
  • Beer can be helpful.
  • Took me about a month and a half to get to a billion dollars. It's not a timed event so what's the rush? I work occasionally on getting more bucks and now have a little over 1.6 billion.
  • ms_358 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been working on the SH for a couple of days to upgrade my SH Private island and get the Ornate piers. How can you guys tolerate grinding to get it. The 4xSH event got me to finish off everything except this but this is near torture. Is there going to be another 4X event or do I have to grind for ages to get it?

:s

It was never a priority, other quests came first, in fact I was going to leave it. Then it became something I'd do just to have something to do. Eventually I hit the billion real estate mark and stopped.
  • Blinky2530
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I ignored the whole thing very early into it. I needed to grind through to buy the land. But after that I srored/sold everything I could, except that stupid fancy pier which cannot be stored. Used the land for something much more fun and enjoyable - my permanent Halloween area.
  • They should sell charges for the XP collider that only work with SH stuff.
  • I only finished SH in the 4x weekend. In fact, I had barely even started before that! :D
  • I left it for a long time as I couldn't face the grind, but then I decided over the summer to just get it done. I designed as I went which made it more interesting and now really pleased at how it's turned out and that there are no symbols over the crafting buildings.

I did the same with Krustyland a couple of years ago - designed it all out to make it look tidy and layout space for future stuff ( now i've done it some krustyland content would be good EA!)

I've alsohad a similar issue with the monorail due to the relative lack of straight pieces and my large routing, but I'm getting there.... there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Just need to keep getting through it!