EA Forums - Banner

Can't visit friend's towns despite them updating

Prev134
SR_Penny wrote:
So I updated nearly 2 hours ago & all is running fine. I told a couple of friends to also update so that I could visit their towns & continue collecting cash/XP, as well as the new hearts.

Each of them has updated, but none of us can still access each others towns as it tells us that the other person is still on an old version of the game. We've all closed the game down completely, restarted our iPads & hoped that by loading up fresh it would sync & recognise we had all updated, but no.

I currently have have approx 40 'friends' on Origin who are on level 25 of the game - none of which I can access. I know some people won't have actually updated yet, but I also know that plenty have. Do EA run a full end-to-end test on any of their updates before they roll out to customers?!

The same here. Some of my friends have updated and visited my town but I can't visit them. It says they need to update but they already did.

Replies

• steveorion
    23 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yep. I'm having the same problem. Frustrating.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    When in doubt. Reboot. Or at least leave the app, close it from the menu and try again. Only guessing.
  • SR_Penny
    16 posts
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    When in doubt. Reboot. Or at least leave the app, close it from the menu and try again. Only guessing.

As per OP, already done - numerous times now.
  • willowbud
    134 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yep...Same here but then I have lots so space for new friends with the current update...lol.
  • weldon999
    101 posts
    edited January 2013
    Same thing. Tried to visit a friend that had dropped two Valentines for me and can't visit because the game says they haven't updated. How did they send me the cards then? :?
  • amburrQ
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    i have the same issues :(
    and what is with some things in the game costing millions of dollars? how do you even get that much with out jail breaking it ???
  • willowbud
    134 posts
    edited January 2013
    XJLvNh9l.jpg

Just tried again but still getting the same message !!!!
  • SR_Penny
    16 posts
    edited January 2013
    amburrQ wrote:
    i have the same issues :(
    and what is with some things in the game costing millions of dollars? how do you even get that much with out jail breaking it ???

Regular visiting & lots of short tasks. Quite easy to do. I'm not JB'd, but can get to over 2m in less than a week if I play regularly.
  • weldon999
    101 posts
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    I've closed it and rebooted twice - nothing. I'm thinking that when you get the update you have to close it annd restart it before your friends can visit you. I had closed the game and when I came back I found someone had visited. Now I have to wait on them to close their game and restart it so the servers will get updated.

Just a guess.
  • kerribebe
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    Add me if your up to date Kerribebe . I haven't been able to visit any of my current friends since the valentines update either, I've rebooted and all that, and i know my friends have uodated aswell, still doesn't work and still no valentines quests yet either.
  • steveorion
    23 posts
    edited January 2013
    So I closed the app. Re logged in and was able to visit only 1 other friend. All my others are still closed. Hmmm what gives??
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited January 2013
    weldon999 wrote:
    RSommons wrote:
    I've closed it and rebooted twice - nothing. I'm thinking that when you get the update you have to close it annd restart it before your friends can visit you. I had closed the game and when I came back I found someone had visited. Now I have to wait on them to close their game and restart it so the servers will get updated.

Just a guess.

Not working. I can't visit my friends but they are visiting me. If someone finds a solution, please tell.
  • kerribebe
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ok so someone with the name starting SR something just added me cause of this post and I can't visit their town either!!! This sucks!!
  • willowbud
    134 posts
    edited January 2013
    XJLvNh9l.jpg

Keep getting this message, but saying that I have managed to access one or two friends x
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited January 2013
    willowbud wrote:
    XJLvNh9l.jpg

Keep getting this message, but saying that I have managed to access one or two friends x
  • gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm ok with this I'm using this time to store my stuff an redesign I was havin a hard time getting myself to do it cuz I didn't want to lose friends by not having stuff for them to tap money from.
  • lll3lucky
    546 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Me either, for some reason. I'm pretty sure that the new friend request have downloaded the new update...at least I hope so. I have updated and did the scratch off, etc. Maybe it's a glitch. I first got rid of the snow app before I downloaded the new update. Not saying that it will work as a fix to why we can't get to our neighbors. Let's hope this is sorted soon.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I've sent a case to EA to have this fixed. It's happening to quite a few players, it's on the facebook page, a few players are reporting the same trouble. Looks like I'll be a late starter for this update *sigh*, I'll take it in my stride because updates are few and far between but I panic a little because how long will we have to collect the limited edition items. :?:

Oh well back to decorating.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited January 2013
    It's sooooo frustrating not to be able to start collecting hearts! There are A LOT of things to buy with hearts!
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Cmon peeps its a new major update! There are going to be glitches and crashes and server outages and yada yada yada.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.