EA Forums - Banner

Kanye West is such a baby

Prev13
MaxxSpider
5465 posts Member
edited November 2016
I hope they finally send this guy to the mental institution where he has always belonged.

Replies

• MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Edited.
  • Wonder if his bff Taylor Swift will send him a get well card.
  • JWrdYC7m.jpg
  • MaxxSpider wrote: »
    JWrdYC7m.jpg
    053ca482887a2f733.gif
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    NaPaSmell wrote: »
    I hate rappers so much

Not my type of music either but it is not because of his "music" i do not like him.
  • What happened? He's mental?

I think he had a good style, but no longer fresh.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I only had one of his CDs - which turned into a frisbee out my back door. Last rant for me. I find it funny tho that a while ago he was upset that Beyoncé lost to Taylor, now he's on about himself losing to Beyoncé.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    What happened? He's mental?

I think he had a good style, but no longer fresh.
    He cancelled his world tour cos he's tired and he's now claiming depression over the whole Kim robbery incident so he's in hospital.
  • I heard that if he was unable to complete his tour for "health" reasons that insurance pays for the loss of the canceled tour. The Rep that sold him that insurance should check in also >:):D
  • I’m not a fan of West’s music, and I think our soon-to-be former POTUS was correct in characterizing some of his previous actions as those of a “jackass”. On the other hand, I’m a little uncomfortable with unfounded accusations that the musician is scamming the insurance company or, alternately, that he’s acting like a “baby”. Society has taken some small steps in the last half century in advancing the view of mental illness as being a legitimate and sometimes serious health issue, but for a lot people it’s merely lip service; they don’t really believe it.
  • Nothing said here that hasn't been said by Mainstream Media. With close to 7 and 1/2 billion people in the world, pretty sure someone would be upset. Sorry it was you KB.
  • Nothing said here that hasn't been said by Mainstream Media. With close to 7 and 1/2 billion people in the world, pretty sure someone would be upset. Sorry it was you KB.

Well, I don’t think I’d characterize my reaction as being “upset”. I certainly don’t wish Kanye ill, but neither will I lose any sleep about his current condition (whatever it might be) or about the fate of his tour. I was really just making a larger point about the response of some in our society to those unfortunate enough to suffer from mental health problems as embodied by the more specific reaction to the rationale for West’s tour cancellation.

As far as media reaction, while the cancellation was widely reported, most of the real snide and speculative stuff seemed to be confined the tabloid/entertainment sites. And I certainly didn’t see any reporting (mainstream or otherwise) refer to West as a “no talent ****”.

I guess in a debate over almost any cultural or political issue, Ickabod, we’re going to find ourselves on opposite sides of the fence! :wink:
  • Okay, thanks for the context, guys.

I agree about the societal view about mental health issues. He seems like he's had problems for a while. There's the obvious ego disorder ("Yeezus", seriously?), and some other issues with handling things in a "normal" way. I hope he gets some help and doesn't just drink while on this break.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I agreed with KrustyBrand

1 in 4 people (UK stats) suffer from mental health issues each year, yet - thanks to people like maxxspider, who set us back 40 years with their out-of-touch opinions - there's still a major stigma.

If you don't like certain celebrities, perhaps try ignoring anything to do with them... (instead of starting dedicated threads- which, ironically, do nothing more than fuel their fame)
  • I agreed with KrustyBrand

1 in 4 people (UK stats) suffer from mental health issues each year, yet - thanks to people like maxxspider, who set us back 40 years with their out-of-touch opinions - there's still a major stigma.

If you don't like certain celebrities, perhaps try ignoring anything to do with them... (instead of starting dedicated threads- which, ironically, do nothing more than fuel their fame)
    I only thought it was cos of tiredness. You hear a lot of celebs pull out of certain things through it. If I offended anyone then am sorry.
  • HomerND84 wrote: »

I only thought it was cos of tiredness. You hear a lot of celebs pull out of certain things through it. If I offended anyone then am sorry.
    I certainly didn't mean any offense either. I thought he was just off on a rant. It was first reported that he went to the hospital for "stress and exhaustion". In reading more about this, the LA police told the AP that he was hospitalized and placed on psychiatric hold for his own safety. I hope he receives any and all help that he needs.
  • NaPaSmell wrote: »
    MaxxSpider wrote: »
    NaPaSmell wrote: »
    I hate rappers so much

Not my type of music either but it is not because of his "music" i do not like him.

I don't like him cuz he's a big mouth no talent mfer. He's got a massive ego for basically eeking **** about Taylor Swift and marrying that just as useless ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Kim Kardashian.

Exactly

There is no proof of any mental illness at all other than the media.
    Anyone who would continue to support this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ after all he has done must have mental illnesses as well.
    All these people saying mental illness this and mental illness that are just ridiculous. It is like using mental illness as an excuse to try to get off a murder charge. That is the biggest load of garbage ever. If someone kills someone else unless in self defense then there is obviously something wrong mentally with them and it is not an excuse.
    It was obvious from day one that he had mental issues but that does not excuse his behavior. Maybe they should have committed him long ago.
  • DDtJfxO.jpg