EA Forums - Banner

Valentine's Update - FAQ & Guide

Replies

• TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited January 2013
    So any friends I CURRENTLY have may not be accessible despite having the update. What about friends I add starting today?

I'd feel awful kicking 90+ people off my list, but if it resolves the issue in the fastest way possible I'm sure they'd understand (as they may be in the same boat)

I'm assuming we only have a few weeks to get through this. So I'd hate to miss an opportunity at a few of the Valentine's items.
  • DocNo42
    25 posts
    edited January 2013
    Did EA add more land for sale than was previously available before the update?

In case no one answered - nope. I just checked...
  • DocNo42
    25 posts
    edited January 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    So any friends I CURRENTLY have may not be accessible despite having the update. What about friends I add starting today?

Most probably still won't work... Sorry, your just going to have to be patient, no matter how unfashionable not being instantly gratified is in today's society 8)
  • ubnashubnash
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Jopa79 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I don't see this posted but because I had nothing else to do, I clicked on the buildings that take days to complete and noticed the pay outs on them.

Escalator = $10K
    Stick Stack = $20K

So yeah, they are pricey but if those are the pay outs? You will recoup your money eventually.....lol....still that's some impressive pay outs.

Does anyone know the xp reward for completing these buildings? I think it's usually 10%, so 100k/200k Xp?

I think these figures are only for the XP that is gained when the buildings complete. So you get 10,000 XP when the Escalator finishes building after 3 days (likewise, 20,000 XP for the Pop Stix Bldg). This is what you see when clicking on the unfinished buildings. Don't the actual payouts in $ and XP show up in the market if you haven't bought the buildings? Maybe someone who has not bought these can check the actual payouts in the market. I sure hope they are payout items and not just plain old decorations...

I think you are right, the blue info button claims they both improve vanity and do not list a "regular payout rate".

Ugh! That is what I thought I remembered seeing... Is it too early to start drinking?
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited January 2013
    For me it is too early, not sure where you are.....
  • jaysoo426
    3 posts
    edited January 2013
    Incredible. Thanks for the write-up!

Almost non of my friends have upgraded, let's go everyone.. upgrade!

(fun seeing grass, finally)
  • annelies8888
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    add annelies8888
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    jaysoo426 wrote:

Not true. There is an issue going on that is noted in big letters in the first post.
  • Msimagine69
    2 posts
    edited January 2013
    I play daily and visit my friends daily. I recently deleted a lot of people from my friend list because they were inactive, so I'm trying to get back to 100.
    Please add me
    Fiyacracka18
    I would like to give out and receive Valentines. :D
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    elsie_d wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I don't see this posted but because I had nothing else to do, I clicked on the buildings that take days to complete and noticed the pay outs on them.

Escalator = $10K
    Stick Stack = $20K

So yeah, they are pricey but if those are the pay outs? You will recoup your money eventually.....lol....still that's some impressive pay outs.
    The payouts *are* impressive; how long must we wait for each, 7 days? I cannot afford both at the moment, but they are not going away any time soon, so I'll take the time to find a good spot for them.

Never post when you are sleep deprived!

Yes. That amount is for XP's and not actual money. Bummer. That would have been well worth the purchase. I plan on storing them anyways. Just wanted to get them.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    As usual Simpsons, many thanks for the most excellent walkthrough.

Although, I'm really curious as to how you know all of this, since my game tells me you haven't updated as yet :p
  • jaysoo426
    3 posts
    edited January 2013
    jaysoo426 wrote:

Not true. There is an issue going on that is noted in big letters in the first post.

Ah, haha. Sorry, was surface looking. Thanks for the clarification.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    i think there is just a delay on the friends thing, i tried 2 hours ago and could only go on one friends springfeilds, now i can go on 4.
  • qisg
    47 posts
    edited January 2013
    Magic
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited January 2013
    DocNo42 wrote:
    Most probably still won't work... Sorry, your just going to have to be patient, no matter how unfashionable not being instantly gratified is in today's society 8)
    I'm thinking about BOTH of us. I can't visit them so I'm unable to help provide them with Hearts. ;)
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Collecting Hearts from Friends:
    You DO NOT get a heart from every card you tap in a friends' town. They are "random." This is how collecting Halloween treats from friends worked, and different than XMAS Coins. You can get anywhere from 0-3 hearts from visiting your friends. I do not know how the odds for tapping characters works yet, if you can even tap them.

Ok, I didn't think of this first - I saw it elsewhere in the thread and decided to validate it. I was able to finally add some new people to my second springfield and it let me into a few of them ( :evil: ) - I can now confirm:

If you tap on a building that has an animation - i.e. there is a character performing a task inside - you get a heart every time!

I've done it on three friend visits so far. I would do more if it weren't for the confounded bug blocking most of my friends towns; but I think three in a row with 100% indicates a pretty safe bet that's the "trick".

EDIT: OK, must have been beginners luck :) I just visited a fifth town and on the Simpson's house and the Penitentiary I didn't get hearts. Shoot!

And I still can't get into the majority of people - even new people I have started adding to my second springfield that was mostly friendless...
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    bump.gif
  • Mortiega
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    Is anyone able to successfully get the scratchoffs? I keep crashing when I click those.

Also, 1Mil and 2Mil for a building?! ****! I hope that's a glitch and it's supposed be at least 100K/200K.
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Mortiega wrote:
    Is anyone able to successfully get the scratchoffs? I keep crashing when I click those.

No crashes for me in two Springfield's on different iOS devices.
    Also, 1Mil and 2Mil for a building?! ****! I hope that's a glitch and it's supposed be at least 100K/200K.

Money sink for those who used the "friend cheat" to amass huge amounts of cash, or to entertain those who have done everything else...
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited January 2013
    Here are the buildings that have "Be Mine" cards on them when you visit your friends (at least in "Other Springfield", there may be more)
    Bart's Treehouse
    Simpson's House

and so on.

For some reason I can only visit two of my friends (patience patience). I see the dollar sign over e.g. Simpsons and Flanders' but no "be mine" cards. Do we know the cycle for these? It appears the "be mine" cards do not pop up as often as the normal (dollar sign) rewards...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.