EA Forums - Banner

American Girl...

Prev1
so monkey wants an American Girl Doll....and i just dont see how this is going to happen at all!!! 0_0 those things are PRICEY!!!!!!! i would never would have thought they would still be that much!!
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• @RMVancleav710 i just googled it and dayum... they are expensive. WHY?! I saw a couple in the 60 dollar range which isnt toooo bad but the 120-170 dollars is seriously nuts.
  • did you see there accessories???? some of the accessories i could buy her a couple of outfits from Walmart for that price....and you can add a hair brush for 8.00??? i can buy a real one cheaper....0_0
  • Yeah i just read a few pro and con articles... its crazy. I wouldnt get a young child a doll that expensive when itll probably end up on the floor anyways.. or lost or busted. I loved my dolls when i was young but i never kept them nice lol i dragged them around with me i even cut some hair from time to time lol its a far cry from cabbage patch in my day lol. The actual store sounds ridiculous getting the dolls hair done getting their ears pierced? The lunch thing sounds fun but i mean really.. its very expensive. And, why, because "everyone has one " pish posh i say..
  • Right?? and considering i have a bath tub of doll parts....i just dont know if i would be okay watching a 100 bucks go down the drain almost literally.... 0_0
  • Right?? and considering i have a bath tub of doll parts....i just dont know if i would be okay watching a 100 bucks go down the drain almost literally.... 0_0

Yeah i hear ya..'Journey Girls' seem to be a great alternative. Im sure she'll love it and can still call it an american girl lol
  • Or 'Our Generation' dolls
  • I don't know much about the dolls..except they are crazy expensive, but American Girl has made a number of movies out on DVD. They're actually pretty good and have some historical value to them. I would guess there are books too?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • yah i believe theres books too....still expensive too though....maybe i could just get her a book...all i know is Christmas might be out of the question, i might be able to spring it for her birthday though which is a couple of weeks after Christmas...atleast than i might get credit for it instead of santa.... :(
  • Looks like there are a lot of 'alternatives' for those dolls. IDK, I think I'd try to find a cheaper version and then get a movie or a book about the doll character. In the long term she will remember you reading with or watching the movie with her more so than the doll. ?
  • thats true!! ill check those out!! ;)
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Who's idea was it to make a $100-150 doll?????? Ugh..I can't even comment further- I might wish evil on the maker. And it's not like these are porcelain hand painted..blah blah...looks like pretty easily machine made.grrrr
  • Make American Girl Great Again!

nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg
  • Are the clothes hand made?
  • i dont think so....i know the Craft store JoAnns sells the clothes a lot cheaper i could just buy the clothes from there...maybe thats what i will do...ill buy the clothes American Doll and just get a cheaper doll....maybe she wont notice a difference....;) doubtful though....shes pretty obsessed with them...really wishing she was more into Monster High again....
  • Some things were made to destroy the Holidays.... like the little twinkle lights where one goes out and the whole string goes out. :'(
  • oh GEEZ i hate that!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Make American Girl Great Again!

nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg
    LOL They probably aren't made in America either.
  • Rhi, does monkey like zombies, vampires, werewolves, etc.? If she does, maybe you could get her interested in the Monster High dolls.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• she use to be into Monster High...i think we have watched almost all the movies and she has almost all of the dolls....but shes not interested in them anymore...Its all about American Girl... :(
  • I have a Mexican Girl doll I will sell you. 50 pesos. Real cheap! Just the way I like my Mexican Girls.