EA Forums - Banner

Let it Go...

sometimes thats all you can do...i got into an argument with a woman online last night...well she called it an argument...and i brought up the fact that we as the parents of special needs children need to be the advocate and how its not the politicians jobs...i also pointed out we need to be doing more outreach to the community....she says im being unrealistic and apparently she says i have lots of money... :D she resorted to name calling and even posted to her page that i was being mean and nasty to her about it....and that i just dont understand the realism of it all....i just dont get it... but whatever....i unliked her page and im on to do more research on autism pages that arent going to go on a political agenda....
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• Doesn't being the advocate mean something political? I'm not sure what you mean here. Also, how is this let it go....? Let her go, maybe?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • yes let her go...and yes usually it is political but in this instance you are representation of your child...you speak for them and do whats best for the child... not anyone else....
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Doesn't being the advocate mean something political? I'm not sure what you mean here. Also, how is this let it go....? Let her go, maybe?

You have to be your child's voice. You have to advocate for them on every level, big or small.

@RMVancleav710 I can't fathom how she wouldn't agree with that. Maybe she was just having a really bad day and took it out on you. As you well know, parenting a special needs child isn't easy. You live day to day sometimes just getting through hour by hour. Sometimes things can build up and you have trouble with reason and self care is long overdue. Not that I'm defending her actions, but trying to understand and come from a connected point of view. But if that's not the case and that's how she truly feels...well that's sad and I agree let it go.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • its just so sad how so many people just expect the government to take care of the kids...and she just kept arguing with me that she was right and i was wrong and i just dont understand....the parents really need to step up in the community...and i really feel autism awareness needs to start earlier in every sense....one of the reasons i had noticed anything different with my daughter was watching her not reach mile stones and discussing things with her doctor who finally gave it over to the proper places....thats why i think mothers to be should really start reading up on books to help them see key points...the earlier awareness the quicker the child could get help!!
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    Hey @RMVancleav710 That would make a great title for a song. Right @Taco_BeIIe?
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    On a serious note, online arguments can never be won.
  • yah i know...we were on facebook messenger and she responded last and i just dont give a damn anymore....i unliked her page....and moving on...Right now im going on a McRib tangent....trying to locate one...apparently so far only one store is confirmed in California... :(
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    yah i know...we were on facebook messenger and she responded last and i just dont give a **** anymore....i unliked her page....and moving on...Right now im going on a McRib tangent....trying to locate one...apparently so far only one store is confirmed in California... :(

One McDonald's store in Cali? :open_mouth:
  • its just so sad how so many people just expect the government to take care of the kids...and she just kept arguing with me that she was right and i was wrong and i just dont understand....the parents really need to step up in the community...and i really feel autism awareness needs to start earlier in every sense....one of the reasons i had noticed anything different with my daughter was watching her not reach mile stones and discussing things with her doctor who finally gave it over to the proper places....thats why i think mothers to be should really start reading up on books to help them see key points...the earlier awareness the quicker the child could get help!!

Yes, exactly. I couldn't agree more. Awareness. Parents should be made aware. Educate. I think pediatricians should make that standard in their care to educate. But not be limited to the pediatricians.
  • moxxee wrote: »
    yah i know...we were on facebook messenger and she responded last and i just dont give a **** anymore....i unliked her page....and moving on...Right now im going on a McRib tangent....trying to locate one...apparently so far only one store is confirmed in California... :(

One McDonald's store in Cali? :open_mouth:

i know, Right? thats tragic!!! and horrifying!! its one of the reasons i have stayed at that job for so long!!

I totally agree happy!!!
    Are you against government involvement or against government reliance?

I can't help but think that all parents need much more education, not just those that might have special needs children. All children are special, after all. ;)

So what kind of stepping up do you mean? You want parents to interact with other parents or something?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • that would definitely be a start!! more groups, more public...groups with not just parents of children with special needs but also other parents that want to know more....so many people are scared of anything that is considered "different" and we need to knock that out...let more people aware they are just kids....
  • moxxee wrote: »

871.gif

• Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    moxxee wrote: »

871.gif

It's the deluxe version. I know you like that one.

871.gif

Just so you have more versions...
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

871.gif

Or there is this version..
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• that would definitely be a start!! more groups, more public...groups with not just parents of children with special needs but also other parents that want to know more....so many people are scared of anything that is considered "different" and we need to knock that out...let more people aware they are just kids....

Awareness. Acceptance. Inclusion.
  • sometimes thats all you can do...i got into an argument with a woman online last night...well she called it an argument...and i brought up the fact that we as the parents of special needs children need to be the advocate and how its not the politicians jobs...i also pointed out we need to be doing more outreach to the community....she says im being unrealistic and apparently she says i have lots of money... :D she resorted to name calling and even posted to her page that i was being mean and nasty to her about it....and that i just dont understand the realism of it all....i just dont get it... but whatever....i unliked her page and im on to do more research on autism pages that arent going to go on a political agenda....

I often find that people will be dismissive or downright horrible to people experiencing the same situations, just because you don't react in the same way they do. That's even happened in political discussions on here, but it happens a lot of the time.

It is really sad. I suppose it is the nature of the internet allowing certain people to refuse to accept that others react differently to the same problem.