EA Forums - Banner

Going to Channel my Inner Josh Sherer Here

brettolmsted
1095 posts Member
edited December 2016
Okay, I have loved virtually every update EA has given us. I loved Whacking Day. I even liked Clash of Clones.

But this update is HORRIBLE!!!!

Seriously, wiccans for Christmas? Believe me, I am a historian, I know that Christmas holiday timing and even the tree has pagan heritage (adopted by Christians to try and covert them). I have no issue with that at all.

I do have an issue with nothing festive for a Christmas update:
There are no new festive (you know Christmasy) decos
We can only help 1 friend per day find the Elf on a Shelf parody (though we can tap pagans)

Why not use the Happy Little Elves again
Why not even use Rabbi Krustovski and use Jewish tie ins
Heck, we could go more Catholic or Latino (La Novena, wise men) and embrace of other culture's traditions for Christmas .

Replies

• Josh could whinge a lot better than that o:)

Agreed. But, yeah, this update is horrible.

• I would've liked to see something like a Santa vs Jesus event instead, both new playable characters who battle about who's holiday it is. Kinda like the very first South Park episode :p
  • I know josh would rant on and on, but that is just not me (and he would have expletives)

I would not have issue with this update if it was a "Ren Fair" update.

BUT THIS IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!

It should be festive. Santa, Toys, Elves, Hanukkah, Menorah, etc
  • BUT THIS IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!

ummmm.....

Berry... you have been on here for a long time. Contender for worst event ever???
  • smohqy
    2104 posts Member
    VXfAU9V.jpg

• BUT THIS IS CHRISTMAS!!!!!

ummmm.....

yes, I know those last two are not "Christmas" but a whole lot more appropriate and festive and this dreary, pagan update
  • joejoe5050 wrote: »
    Josh could whinge a lot better than that o:)

Berry... you have been on here for a long time. Contender for worst event ever???

This is right up there with Easter, IMO. Maybe it will redeem itself, but it doesn't feel festive or cheery. The antlers aren't a match for mistletoe.

This is right up there with Easter, IMO. Maybe it will redeem itself, but it doesn't feel festive or cheery. The antlers aren't a match for mistletoe.

this, exactly.

and while I agree Easter was a horrible update, it was horrible for the cursed 3 boxes, not because of the content. The content for Easter was fine, and the story was fine, it was just bad on implementation. This update is just plain bad. Like I said, if this was a Ren Fair update, fine, but this is not the 2016 Christmas Winter update

this, exactly.

and while I agree Easter was a horrible update, it was horrible for the cursed 3 boxes, not because of the content. The content for Easter was fine, and the story was fine, it was just bad on implementation. This update is just plain bad. Like I said, if this was a Ren Fair update, fine, but this is not the 2016 Christmas Winter update

you know what's funny? they removed any indication of a wheel being in the files LOL
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 8compte wrote: »
    I honestly don't think they planned to have an update at all and this was last minute. We shall see what happens in 2017.

Sad, but I think that's exactly the case.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 8compte wrote: »
    I honestly don't think they planned to have an update at all and this was last minute. We shall see what happens in 2017.

member when you said this:

8compte wrote:
    Told you all to relax. You all will be very happy. Enjoy.

about an hour ago? like you had inside information? :D
  • Good lord... the wheel! Terrible.

But good god this is right there with it.