EA Forums - Banner

Enjoying the Pagan twist?

Replies

• And for the record... this is a crafting event, and is heavy for TSTO. All aspects of this event are crafting, in 3 segments. This isn't skyrim... it's Tapped out.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    1pillform wrote: »
    Because all I see is the prize thing, the useless gnome thing that gives out currency which I can't spend. And there is that strange Antler thing that doesn't give me anything. Unless I got to spend a bunch of donuts just to unlock crafting. Because I got people on 4 hour tasks for the quest
    • Antlers = prize currency (the main prize track)
    • Catnip & clay statues = trading-in currency (think Monorail. You trade in X of these for the main prize currency)
    • Runestones = "crafting" currency. Comes after you build Lumber Mill.
    • Elf Dust = used to upgrade Elf In A Box. You get Elf Dust + some trading currency for chasing down the escaped Elf.
  • I don't mind the theme, but it would be nice if it could incorporate the more traditional Christmas by showing how this Christmas tradition came from the Pagan tradition... i.e. once you satisfy the gods with x amount of runes, it turns into gift giving or something along those lines to make everyone happier.

Much better idea.
  • joejoe5050 wrote: »

Yeah... what do I know. Respectfully, s*u*c*k* it.

I didn't realize 12 year olds used these forums.
  • Linkwick wrote: »
    1pillform wrote: »
    Because all I see is the prize thing, the useless gnome thing that gives out currency which I can't spend. And there is that strange Antler thing that doesn't give me anything. Unless I got to spend a bunch of donuts just to unlock crafting. Because I got people on 4 hour tasks for the quest
    • Antlers = prize currency (the main prize track)
    • Catnip & clay statues = trading-in currency (think Monorail. You trade in X of these for the main prize currency)
    • Runestones = "crafting" currency. Comes after you build Lumber Mill.
    • Elf Dust = used to upgrade Elf In A Box. You get Elf Dust + some trading currency for chasing down the escaped Elf.
    Thanks.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Didn't realize name calling was necessary to convey an opinion.
    Didn't realize name calling was necessary to convey an opinion.

You are the one insulting people, saying I was "out of my mind" because I liked this update. If someone likes something, that is their opinion, no harm done. You obviously didn't appreciate my joke that I was saying something disrespectful to you and claiming it wasn't disrepectful the same way you had insulted me, but claiming it was "respectful."
  • Apparently this Sunday's upcoming Simpson's episode features a "Pagan Winter Carnival" so our winter event is following that theme. So far I think it's refreshing.
  • Linkwick wrote: »
    Elf In A Box.

Reminds me of this from Saturday Night Live...

• It's all good. I'm dramatic about the update. It's seriously garbage. I have NEVER talked crap about one update since I started playing this game in October of 2012. So... whatever, I think this will be the last 6-12 months of this game anyways. Going to be hard to recover from this event, multiplied by lack of new content to release. All the best,
  • I remember last year when the game was almost over.

I'm surprised by the theme, but seriously, the way people are reacting is even more surprising to me.
  • Kratos6283 wrote: »
    I remember last year when the game was almost over.

I'm surprised by the theme, but seriously, the way people are reacting is even more surprising to me.

I think you have a good point. When something has gone on for a long time, people start thinking it will end soon, so people look for that end. They've been predicting the end for a while and keep trying to find that "sign" that shows this is the end.
    But people around here really overreact about everything, every update, every change. The first event was always the best event and the most recent event is always the worst event ever.
  • Kratos6283 wrote: »
    I remember last year when the game was almost over.

I think you have a good point. When something has gone on for a long time, people start thinking it will end soon, so people look for that end. They've been predicting the end for a while and keep trying to find that "sign" that shows this is the end.
    But people around here really overreact about everything, every update, every change. The first event was always the best event and the most recent event is always the worst event ever.

Disagree bro. Never have sad anything like this, because it's useless canter. But, I've been here a LONG time. When you have seen that scope, you can spot when something is not on par. Even the forum here is far off from true north. When there is a unanimous response such as this... something is up. No other event has ever had anything like this.

I hope it goes on and on... but without sales (donut purchases) it will be shelved pretty darn quick.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11576 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    o dear lord in the files there's images for JEBEDIAH SPRINGFIELD and SHELBYVILLE MANHATTEN
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • o dear lord in the files there's images for JEBEDIAH SPRINGFIELD

A reason to actually play??
  • dubhe1313 wrote: »
    moxxee wrote: »
    31f7dd2efde42560ce18b479483a1eb9.jpg

Think a Pagan Twist might come with a splash of grenadine. ;)

Lol yes lots of grenadine. Everyone needs to chill out and have one! Unless you like you Pagan Twist hot of course...

Through The Simpsons long history they have basically made fun of every major religion, country, sub-culture or special interest group that they can think of. Why people are still shocked by their stories amazes me.
  • o dear lord in the files there's images for JEBEDIAH SPRINGFIELD and SHELBYVILLE MANHATTEN

what are the New Years items people have mentioned?

Disagree bro. Never have sad anything like this, because it's useless canter. But, I've been here a LONG time. When you have seen that scope, you can spot when something is not on par. Even the forum here is far off from true north. When there is a unanimous response such as this... something is up. No other event has ever had anything like this.

I hope it goes on and on... but without sales (donut purchases) it will be shelved pretty darn quick.

I'm not a "bro." But anyway, I've been here a long time as well. But usually a lurker because I don't have much to say here. I come to read updates, and everyone always complains about the most recent update. That's why people started doing their "early complaining" threads before the event even starts, as a joke. Even that's been going on for a while now.

I'm sure the game will have to end at some point, which is sad. I think they still have plenty that they could release into the game. I would prefer them to go back to releasing more "normal" buildings. Like different restaurants with funny names, there's a ton of those that would be fun to build into a big restaurant row.

But when something goes on for a long time, people get bored with it anyway. If they do the same old thing, some people say it's boring and its a rehash. If they try something new, other people say they don't like the change and it should've stayed as it was. Its the same with so many things in the world.
  • o dear lord in the files there's images for JEBEDIAH SPRINGFIELD and SHELBYVILLE MANHATTEN

I mentioned a long time ago that I wanted Jebediah Springfield. Although I thought it would be a great event to have him fight George Washington.

I'm not a "bro." But anyway, I've been here a long time as well. But usually a lurker because I don't have much to say here. I come to read updates, and everyone always complains about the most recent update. That's why people started doing their "early complaining" threads before the event even starts, as a joke. Even that's been going on for a while now.

I'm sure the game will have to end at some point, which is sad. I think they still have plenty that they could release into the game. I would prefer them to go back to releasing more "normal" buildings. Like different restaurants with funny names, there's a ton of those that would be fun to build into a big restaurant row.

But when something goes on for a long time, people get bored with it anyway. If they do the same old thing, some people say it's boring and its a rehash. If they try something new, other people say they don't like the change and it should've stayed as it was. Its the same with so many things in the world.