EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #10: WINTER 2016: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Prev134
Merry Christmas, Seasons' Greetings and Happy Holidays everybody, and welcome to my TENTH Event Thread!! How exciting!!! My first Strategy Thread was in July 2015, for the Tap Ball Event. Remember that? Pages and pages of trying to figure out the payments?! Fun times!!

So, just in case there's anybody new, if you or anybody else has any hints or tips you would like to share, post them on this thread, and I might just put it on the front page!! If there's anything specific you want to ask, you can also ask it here. Please do post it here and don't create a thousand different threads asking the same question, as avoiding that situation is one of the most important reasons I do this, and it's not at all easy, but I'm willing to do it to keep things running smoothly.

If anybody wants to create breakdowns on how to maximise event currency, then please do go ahead, as I know they are very popular and immensely helpful! I do edit them slightly just to make sure it all makes sense, and the same terms are used consistently throughout. This is no slight on you at all, just that they are always long and a second pair of eyes can always help, and of course, that's ultimately what we are trying to do. Do not worry, I ALWAYS credit you with the writing of the breakdown, whereas I only edited it.

Also, plot twist! Only two Acts?! Woah!!!! What's going on there?!

Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Direwolf has created a thread to show you how to rectify this issue.
Please check this at the start of every event
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9765499.page
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Catnip Producers
    Moe (15 every 4 hours)
    Krusty (15 every 4 hours)
    Cletus (15 every 4 hours)
    Apu (15 every 4 hours)
    Lisa (15 every 4 hours)
    Homer (15 every 4 hours)
    Crazy Cat Lady (25 every 4 hours)
    Ling (25 every 4 hours)
    Carving Products
    Marge (15 every 4 hours)
    Martin (15 every 4 hours)
    Bart (15 every 4 hours)
    Willie (15 every 4 hours)
    Milhouse (15 every 4 hours)
    Grandpa Simpson (15 every 4 hours)
    Patches and Violet (25 every 4 hours)
    Gina (25 every 4 hours)

Other Ways to get Event Currency
    Old Tree Spirit (Premium)-160 Antlers per 4 hours
    (It's totally the husband of the Tree Spirit from Pocahontas!!)
    Gnome in Home-Guilt Dust, Catnip and Carvings every 4 hours
    (Payouts increase as you spend Guilt Dust to level up the Gnome in a Home-Max Level 15)

Offerings at Springfield Henge
    Premium Characters and Skins
    White Witch Burns (Full task list produces antlers)
    King Winter (Full task list produces antlers)

You can also play Gnome in the Home in ONE Friend's Town per day, and tapping three Pagans in a Friend's Town for 5 antlers and 2 Rune Stones for the first 30 taps, then 1 antler for the next 20 taps.
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    To find Pagans in your Springfield, go into the Crafting Page and click on the Green Button to Level up (only works if you don't have enough Rune Stones to level up), and click "Do It". You will be transported to a Pagan. Keep doing this until the game tells you they're all gone.

Gnome in the Home-Level Up and Rewards
    Level-Guilt Dust-Catnip and Carvings-Level Up Cost
    1-80-32-N/A
    2-80-34-170
    3-80-36-255
    4-80-38-340
    5-80-40-425
    6-80-42-510
    7-80-44-595
    8-80-46-680
    9-80-48-765
    10-80-50-850
    11-80-52-935
    12-80-54-1020
    13-80-56-1105
    14-80-58-1190
    15-80-60-1275

Crafting Ratio Table
    X:Y where X=Antlers and Y=Rune Stones
    Item-Ratio-Net Worth
    Carnival Banner 1-100:120-0.833
    Small Pagan Tent-220:270-0.810
    Large Mushroom-50:60-0.833
    Chicken Coop-85:105-0.800
    Goat Head Statue-145:180-0.800
    Hay Cart-180:225-0.800
    Large Pagan Tent-360:450-0.800
    Pagan Cauldron-100:120-0.833
    (Figures rounded down)
    Best value items are Carnival Banner 1, Large Mushroom and Pagan Cauldrons, but we'll update the list as we go along.
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • Information Incoming...
  • I have nothing to add yet. Bump
  • Well, well, well if it isnt my favorite thread.

Here's the basics:

Catnip producers

Freeemium:
    Moe
    Krusty
    Cletus
    Apu
    Lisa
    Homer

Rate 15 per 4 hours

Premium:
    CCL
    Ling

Rate 25 per 4 hours

Carving Producers

Freemium:
    Marge
    MArtin
    Bart
    Willie
    Milhouse
    Grampa Simpson

Rate 15 per 4 hours

Premium:
    Patches and Violet
    Gino

Rate 25 per 4 hours

Premium Event currency generators:
    Old Tree spirit
    160 antlers per 4 hours
    ( its ok, good if you have a wooded or "forest" area comes with questline, lisa starts.)

Gnome in home max lv (?) 15

(my current lv is 3)
    Loot
    80 (guilt dust)
    36 Catnip
    36 Carvings

Lv 4
    80 guilt dust
    38 Catnip
    38 Carvings

Offerings in the springfield henge can be "dismissed" (refreshed) once a day only one task(small, medium, large) after trying it i had one town have no change (dont know why probably refreshed into the same task) the other did successfully change.

Grinding methods:

You could create a ration of catnip to antlers/Carving to antlers/ Catnip & Carving to antlers ratio table and figure which pays out the most and rfresh the worst task accordingly, but im too lazy.

Instead i'd suggest crafting (sigh will EA ever learn that we hate crafting?)
    From the crafting page it seems like there is no limit to the times antlers will payout for crafting said item (previous events would cap after X amount of Y items were produced)
    So from here its a much simpler equation of runestones:Antler ratio tables which will be helpful as you level up your Lumber mill.

WE need Penguins!

• WE need Penguins!

:D

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • white witch burns and king winter generate event currency they have 4 Hr, 8 HR, 12 Hr, and 24 hr tasks that generate event currency (4 Hr has the best payout)
    (24 Hour payout is 200 antlers, the rest i'll need to check)

You can visit ONE of your neighbors Gnome in the Home ONCE a day and play the minigame there, you can still tap pagans in towns but your neighbors Gnome can only be tapped once a day and only one neighbor
    (your Gnome in a home can be tapped once every 4 hours in your town)

Other than that no clubs, no penguins to report.

but we do need penguins.
  • Friends visits - I got 5 antlers and 2 rune stones for the first 30 taps, then 1 antler for the next 20 taps. Started on 8360 & 3, finished on 8530 & 63.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • So if you don't have the antler symbol in your left hand task bar. it only appears when you get close the sum of antlers needed for each the Act 1 prize. You can go into your Lumber mill craft screen, click on the green button as if you wanted to spend runestones to level up, it then says not enough. Then click on the Do it. You are then taken to those pagans you could not find in your town. Hope this helps.
  • moat148 wrote: »
    So if you don't have the antler symbol in your left hand task bar. it only appears when you get close the sum of antlers needed for each the Act 1 prize. You can go into your Lumber mill craft screen, click on the green button as if you wanted to spend runestones to level up, it then says not enough. Then click on the Do it. You are then taken to those pagans you could not find in your town. Hope this helps.

Great tip to find Pagans Moat!

Do we know how many to fill the town? How long this takes? Do we get told our towns are full up?
  • It seems that there is a timer on the gnome game, which I read about on addicts. Here is a pic when I had finished a game in my town (you can see the timer at the top):
    Bkamst4l.jpg
    You will get less loot if you don't finish the game in the time.
    Large offerings look like a better ratio that the small or medium ones. Someone in another thread suggested a ratio of 1 item for 5 antlers (which is the case in my 2 examples for the small and medium ones) but the large payouts are higher.
    k0Iwyuhl.jpg
    JCW2qErl.jpg

• I have moved all 4 event buildings temporarily - Willie's shack, Cletus's farm, Moe's and the library - near to my event area, to make it quicker to assign tasks. Handy for large towns or if those buildings are spread over a big area.
    This info taken from tstoaddicts:
    xNXfRMFl.jpg
  • I suggest people look at the new Character Collection Winter 2016.
  • Do we know how many to fill the town? How long this takes? Do we get told our towns are full up?[/quote]

So I have not seen a town is full message yet. Even after 12 hours, but I think there is a limit. Anybody else have info
  • A previous thread about spawn rate had this posted:
    Spawn rate seems a bit slow in my game so wondering what others are getting. Last count was 18 pagans after 3 hours, so looks like they're spawning 1 every 10 mins. Anyone else worked it out for their town?

• AOFIGO009 wrote: »

Do we know how many to fill the town? How long this takes? Do we get told our towns are full up?

I have not seen a "Town Full" message but there is a message when there are no more Pagans in your town.

• Muhsterino wrote: »
    I have moved all 4 event buildings temporarily - Willie's shack, Cletus's farm, Moe's and the library - near to my event area, to make it quicker to assign tasks. Handy for large towns or if those buildings are spread over a big area.
    This info taken from tstoaddicts:
    xNXfRMFl.jpg

Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm a little lost here. Cletus's and Willie's I'm aware of, but what tasks go with the library and Moe's?
  • stinkbugger
    1968 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm a little lost here. Cletus's and Willie's I'm aware of, but what tasks go with the library and Moe's?

Later on in the event, likely in Act 2.
  • King Winter/White Witch Burns PAyouts:

4H =40 Antlers
    8H =70 Antlers
    12H=100 Antlers
    24H=200 Antlers
    Obviously 4H has best payout (can someone confirm data??)

Ratio table for crafting
    So far i have the following:

X to Y where X=Antlers obtained per Y=Runestones spent.
    • Carnival banner 1
      (100):120
      Net 0.833
    • Small Pagan tent
      220:270
      Net 0.81
    • Large Mushroom
      50:60
      Net 0.833
    • Chicken Coop
      85:105
      Net 0.80
    • Goat Head statue
      145:180
      Net 0.80
    • Hay cart
      180:225
      Net 0.8
    • Large pagan tent
      360:450
      Net 0.8
    • Pagan Cauldron
      100:120
      Net 0.833

(i always round DOWN, better to be safe than sorry)
    Basically if you want more bang for your runestone Banner 1, LArge Mushroom and cauldrons (fr early crafting levels) are better, will update as i progress.

The Allied Penguin Federation will not stop till we have our penguins!
    We need penguins.
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Did someone check all their Christmas characters to make sure no-one else but King Winter/White Witch Burns have event currency? I tried but didn't succeed.... :s I don't remember who has Christmas skins anymore.

Edit, just found this one on the forum, should be part of this I guess : "Also the big snow globe if you have it he does his task in there for antlers as well."