EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #10: WINTER 2016: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• white witch burns and king winter generate event currency they have 4 Hr, 8 HR, 12 Hr, and 24 hr tasks that generate event currency (4 Hr has the best payout)
    (24 Hour payout is 200 antlers, the rest i'll need to check)

I've had Burns on his Money Mountain outfit for weeks so I didn't notice WWB generated currency!!! Thank you!!
  • I counted 30 pagans when I logged in on both of my towns this morning, one town after about 9 1/2 hours and the other after about 10 hours.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Large offerings look like a better ratio that the small or medium ones. Someone in another thread suggested a ratio of 1 item for 5 antlers (which is the case in my 2 examples for the small and medium ones) but the large payouts are higher.

I think it's roughly 5, 5.2 and 5.4 for small, medium and large. Worth waiting for the larger hand-ins as even without premium characters you should generate enough resources each day to do this. I think we'll still be able to use the catnip and antlers in Act 2 as well - same as wild west - but this is a guess not for definite.

The pagans seem to go towards the henge, eventually, takes a while if you have a bigger town though.
  • Btw, we know the craftable chicken coop doesn't have a bonus with it - anyone got to the other items yet (outhouse ?) to see if they do ?
  • So earlier I received my 3rd Act 1 prize, $5 Antler Rental. Now I have a task for Bart and Mulhouse to Rent Antlers. Do I need to complete this or can I keep them making Figurines ?
  • moat148 wrote: »
    So earlier I received my 3rd Act 1 prize, $5 Antler Rental. Now I have a task for Bart and Mulhouse to Rent Antlers. Do I need to complete this or can I keep them making Figurines ?
    The tasks payout in figurines, I think, so I put them on it.
  • Muhsterino
    4445 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have tabulated the antlers per stone ratios for crafting - figures rounded down.
    7xeR9pAl.jpg
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Here's a table for gnome costs/rewards.
    NOTE: updated chart with the assumption that formula is 85*(level +1)
    7tUsdY8l.png
    *rewards may change as new currencies are unlocked. Level will depend on your progress.
    Post edited by nissa762 on
  • Front page updated guys!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    sorry the costs are wrong in the chart I posted. Just did level 6 @ 510 and level 7 is 595. I'll need to wait for an update on the formula.

EDIT: since I had two data points. Went with the assumption that formula is 85*(level+1). Updated/corrected chart posted above.

Post edited by nissa762 on
  • nissa762 wrote: »
    sorry the costs are wrong in the chart I posted. Just did level 6 @ 510 and level 7 is 595. I'll need to wait for an update on the formula.

EDIT: since I had two data points. Went with the assumption that formula is 85*(level+1). Updated/corrected chart posted above.

Thanks nissa, but luckily I didn't get the figures from you. Somebody posted on page 1 gave me the payouts at each level, and informed me that the cost to level up upgrades goes up by 85, as you figured out! I put the amounts into my calculator from my Maths GCSE and A Level days (which was lovely and nostalgic!) and figured it out!!
    I have tabulated the antlers per stone ratios for crafting - figures rounded down.
    7xeR9pAl.jpg

Thanks for the update of the figures Muhsterino, I'll add them to the front page tomorrow, I'm having a really rubbish day to day.
  • @AOFIGO009 Hope you are feeling better today.
    Here is a tip from another thread, during the gnome game if he runs away and you can't find him:
    .....though I nearly missed it once when it went behind buildings in a neighbour's town. I then realised you can press the green radar in the top right to locate it again! :flushed:

• Is anyone else having a problem with their gnome? Mine has said that he's out of the box since last night, but no radar, and he's in the box. If I tap on him nothing happens. If I go to the gnome through the event button on the bottom to try and catch him nothing happens. Any idea?

And yes, I've completely closed the game, restarted the game, spun around 3 times while patting my head and rubbing my stomach. No change.
  • Is anyone else having a problem with their gnome? Mine has said that he's out of the box since last night, but no radar, and he's in the box. If I tap on him nothing happens. If I go to the gnome through the event button on the bottom to try and catch him nothing happens. Any idea?

And yes, I've completely closed the game, restarted the game, spun around 3 times while patting my head and rubbing my stomach. No change.

Try going to Krustyland and back, that should fix it.
    Is anyone else having a problem with their gnome? Mine has said that he's out of the box since last night, but no radar, and he's in the box. If I tap on him nothing happens. If I go to the gnome through the event button on the bottom to try and catch him nothing happens. Any idea?

Came here to ask this very question. Thanks for the tip. It worked!

Is anyone else having a problem with their gnome? Mine has said that he's out of the box since last night, but no radar, and he's in the box. If I tap on him nothing happens. If I go to the gnome through the event button on the bottom to try and catch him nothing happens. Any idea?

Thanks! That worked... guess I didn't try everything after all!
  • Have a weird frustrating glitch. I downloaded the Christmas event, and I have the snow and everything, but the tasks and prizes are all Halloween? Witchcraft and Pagans, etc? Thanks.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Have a weird frustrating glitch. I downloaded the Christmas event, and I have the snow and everything, but the tasks and prizes are all Halloween? Witchcraft and Pagans, etc? Thanks.

This thread is here to help people who want to play the event.

We get it. You don't like the event. You have said it multiple times in multiple places.

Here is a link to the EA help site - if you have that big of a problem, maybe you should contact them directly with your opinion:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Have a weird frustrating glitch. I downloaded the Christmas event, and I have the snow and everything, but the tasks and prizes are all Halloween? Witchcraft and Pagans, etc? Thanks.

I know what you need.
    tumblr_nz5xwfgkFj1udklowo1_500.gif

One word:
    Thundercougarfalconbird

But since this isnt Futurama i will settle for penguins, EA make it so.

tumblr_mvij12dOLc1qkgh4go2_250.gif
    giphy.gif

Some people have already finished act I prizes so i guess all thats left is reminding people to keep some daily tasks on hand if you want to get ahead on act II (dont forget the Bonut round)