EA Forums - Banner

Regarding this new Winter "Pagan" event

Prev1
Deadshot_DCU
6129 posts Moderator
edited December 2016
You guys are taking this event way too serious. Remember that this is a game after all. It's supposed to be relaxing. I am Catholic and I find none of this offensive nor does it go against my religion nor do I take it seriously.

You know why? Because it's a GAME

If this stuff is offending you (and I have no idea why) then perhaps you should all take a time out from this event and come back when it's over. But please let those players who are actually enjoying it, have fun.

Everyone play nice.
Post edited by Deadshot_DCU on

Replies

  • Here! Here!
    Taxi-Driver-Robert-De-Niro-Clapping-Gif.gif
  • SICKENING!!! That's what this year's Christmas "offering" is; just plain sickening! This time of year is supposed to be about Christmas and all that goes into it. It's supposed to be about Christmas as we know and love it. So what did the yahoos at EA come up with, this year? Tradional Christmasy things? Oh "gods" no! Instead, they are force-feeding us a strong dose of Paganism. Paganism!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!

    I am so upset right now that I could just spit donughts. It's bad enough that this existential perversion is blatantly violating the very essence of the First Commandment. But, to make matters worse, EA has provided no means for opting out by those of us who are greatly offended over this. I guess that we, who truely value the observance of the birth of Jesus (Emanuel, God with us), are just supposed to shut up and take these adulterous insults lying down. Well I'm speaking up, and I hope the rest of you will, too.
  • You guys are taking this event way too serious. Remember that this is a game after all. It's supposed to be relaxing. I am Catholic and I find none of this offensive nor does it go against my religion nor do I take it seriously.

    You know why? Because it's a GAME

    If this stuff is offending you (and I have no idea why) then perhaps you should all take a time out from this event and come back when it's over. But please let those players who are actually enjoying it, have fun.


    Everyone play nice.

    No catholic worth his Eucharist would make the statement you made. You should be shamed of yourself!

    It's not just a game when they pull crap like this. This is a flat out insult in the face of those of us who love Christ; and Christmas, in general . EA might as well be spitting in the face of Jesus because that's exactly what this pagan exercise is doing .
  • @aValIs4NU You need to take a break. And get off the soap box.
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »
    You guys are taking this event way too serious. Remember that this is a game after all. It's supposed to be relaxing. I am Catholic and I find none of this offensive nor does it go against my religion nor do I take it seriously.

    You know why? Because it's a GAME

    If this stuff is offending you (and I have no idea why) then perhaps you should all take a time out from this event and come back when it's over. But please let those players who are actually enjoying it, have fun.


    Everyone play nice.

    No catholic worth his Eucharist would make the statement you made. You should be shamed of yourself!

    It's not just a game when they pull **** like this. This is a flat out insult in the face of those of us who love Christ; and Christmas, in general . EA might as well be spitting in the face of Jesus because that's exactly what this pagan exercise is doing .

    If this spite in Jesus' face, then what is the ENTIRETY of Christianity doing by coopting a Pagan holiday?
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »
    You guys are taking this event way too serious. Remember that this is a game after all. It's supposed to be relaxing. I am Catholic and I find none of this offensive nor does it go against my religion nor do I take it seriously.

    You know why? Because it's a GAME

    If this stuff is offending you (and I have no idea why) then perhaps you should all take a time out from this event and come back when it's over. But please let those players who are actually enjoying it, have fun.


    Everyone play nice.

    No catholic worth his Eucharist would make the statement you made. You should be shamed of yourself!

    It's not just a game when they pull **** like this. This is a flat out insult in the face of those of us who love Christ; and Christmas, in general . EA might as well be spitting in the face of Jesus because that's exactly what this pagan exercise is doing .

    The whole world doesn't celebrate Jesus Christ. I'm Jewish. Where's Hannukah's representation in this game? You know what I do instead of ranting like a lunatic? I play the game and enjoy it because it's the Simpsons. Like many others have said, if you don't like it, don't play it.

  • Looks like everyone is taking the chance to get on their soapbox.
  • Thank you @Deadshot_DCU Maybe we can keep all this discussion here instead of clogging up the forum. Now if someone would just close all those other threads...hint.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!

  • If this spite in Jesus' face, then what is the ENTIRETY of Christianity doing by coopting a Pagan holiday?

    That's a phony argument, and you know it. It has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

    Look, If you guys want to play through this, then fine, go ahead. I don't care. But I shouldn't have to be forced to do it. You say all I have to do is not play the game. Well then, you try and not play this scenario through. You can't because everything is geared towards it. All the messages and the new icons themselves are geared towards it. For example, just try to store the Stonehenge or the pagan sign into your inventory. You can't do it. It won't let you. It's very much "in-your-face". Furthermore, I have other things in this game that need my attention every day. I have money and XP points to harvest several times a day. I have donuts to collect from other ongoing scenarios, too. It's not easy tap-dancing around this abomination. It's almost impossible.

  • @Deadshot_DCU held a lot of weight in the first post statement. Too late to scrub all posts and lock?
  • I believe that the main reason people are annoyed about this event is Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus and they are using it to celebrate pagans instead.
  • I believe that the main reason people are annoyed about this event is Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus and they are using it to celebrate pagans instead.

    Except this event isn't, for once, a "Christmas Event". If it were Hannukah-themed, as many have asked for, it wouldn't be a "Christmas Event". Curiously, pretty much all pre-Christian cultures had some sort of big winter celebration around this time of year...crazy coincidence...so Springfield is trying some new/old traditions this year, and somehow, we will make it through. Anyhoo, no one said you can't have both, I have Santa's village right next to my henge. It's very festive!
  • I believe that the main reason people are annoyed about this event is Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus and they are using it to celebrate pagans instead.

    Well said.

    The problem is that there is such a double standard when it comes to Christianity and it is blatantly displayed in this game. We Christians and Jews are supposed to except the Buddhist temple and be OK with that. And Nobody complained. Then there was the golden calf idol, which God found highly offensive (and had the ground open up and swallow tens of thousands of people). We were forced to take that; we winced over it, but nobody complained. And now, because we kept quiet all this time and tried to be good sports about it, they're taking one of our most holy seasons (Christmas and Hanukkah) and trashing it with paganism. And were supposed to just take this lying down? I don't think so!!
  • aValis, please calm down. We don't want to have to get a mod in to help the situation.

    You are not being forced to do anything. In fact, it would seem that if you had your way everyone would be forced to celebrate the birth of Jesus. If you had your way, it would seem that you would ban EA from including any non-Christian religious references from their games.

    Jesus told us we must be tolerant. That is sadly the opposite of what you are doing.
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »

    If this spite in Jesus' face, then what is the ENTIRETY of Christianity doing by coopting a Pagan holiday?

    That's a phony argument, and you know it. It has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

    Look, If you guys want to play through this, then fine, go ahead. I don't care. But I shouldn't have to be forced to do it. You say all I have to do is not play the game. Well then, you try and not play this scenario through. You can't because everything is geared towards it. All the messages and the new icons themselves are geared towards it. For example, just try to store the Stonehenge or the pagan sign into your inventory. You can't do it. It won't let you. It's very much "in-your-face". Furthermore, I have other things in this game that need my attention every day. I have money and XP points to harvest several times a day. I have donuts to collect from other ongoing scenarios, too. It's not easy tap-dancing around this abomination. It's almost impossible.

    You have other things in this game that NEED your attention every day?

    Wow, it's a shame that your family can't eat or survive unless you play this game. Does your device not allow you to use it unless it is collecting money and XP points?

    Sorry for the bluntness, but your statement is ridiculous. While I would be upset and disappointed if EA had chosen an event that I felt strongly against...no one is forcing you to play this game for the next several weeks. Just don't play. Sorry that you may lose out on some donuts or XP or money by not playing the game. This either bothers you and you stop playing, or it doesn't and you keep playing.
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »
    I believe that the main reason people are annoyed about this event is Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus and they are using it to celebrate pagans instead.

    Well said.

    The problem is that there is such a double standard when it comes to Christianity and it is blatantly displayed in this game. We Christians and Jews are supposed to except the Buddhist temple and be OK with that. And Nobody complained. Then there was the golden calf idol, which God found highly offensive (and had the ground open up and swallow tens of thousands of people). We were forced to take that; we winced over it, but nobody complained. And now, because we kept quiet all this time and tried to be good sports about it, they're taking one of our most holy seasons (Christmas and Hanukkah) and trashing it with paganism. And were supposed to just take this lying down? I don't think so!!

    I don't know what you're looking for in this game or in the Simpsons in general. If your religious beliefs make anything that contradicts those beliefs insufferable, then you need to edit your entertainment. And please don't lump Jews into your rants. Most Jews, like myself, have a sense of humor and don't get offended at anything and everything.

  • You have other things in this game that NEED your attention every day?

    Wow, it's a shame that your family can't eat or survive unless you play this game. Does your device not allow you to use it unless it is collecting money and XP points?

    Sorry for the bluntness, but your statement is ridiculous. While I would be upset and disappointed if EA had chosen an event that I felt strongly against...no one is forcing you to play this game for the next several weeks. Just don't play. Sorry that you may lose out on some donuts or XP or money by not playing the game. This either bothers you and you stop playing, or it doesn't and you keep playing.

    You clearly don't know what you're talking about. What is ridiculous was your entire response.
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »

    You have other things in this game that NEED your attention every day?

    Wow, it's a shame that your family can't eat or survive unless you play this game. Does your device not allow you to use it unless it is collecting money and XP points?

    Sorry for the bluntness, but your statement is ridiculous. While I would be upset and disappointed if EA had chosen an event that I felt strongly against...no one is forcing you to play this game for the next several weeks. Just don't play. Sorry that you may lose out on some donuts or XP or money by not playing the game. This either bothers you and you stop playing, or it doesn't and you keep playing.

    You clearly don't know what you're talking about. What is ridiculous was your entire response.

    Why is this used as a defence for everything? He does understand, he just doesn't agree.
  • aValIs4NU wrote: »
    I believe that the main reason people are annoyed about this event is Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus and they are using it to celebrate pagans instead.
    We Christians and Jews are supposed to except the Buddhist temple and be OK with that. And Nobody complained.

    Christians are supposed to be offended by Buddhist temples now? What did Buddhists ever do to you? And if that's the bar, how do you even watch The Simpsons without bursting into flames?
  • How many of you upset voted for Trump? I'm going to guess all of them. LOL.

    Another Catholic here I guess going to hell because it didn't even cross my mind to be upset or offended.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!