EA Forums - Banner

Petition to EA

joejoe5050
117 posts Member
edited December 2016
There is a well written petition going on via the addicts page.

Read the article and sign if you agree. Otherwise they leave the address for EA... you send the a holiday card of your choosing or what not:

[external link removed]
Post edited by johncolombo on

Replies

• smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    I read it. Well written, but I don't agree.

I'm liking this event and am not siding with any thin-skinned people upset at the Simpsons making fun of organized religion.
  • smohqy wrote: »

I'm liking this event and am not siding with any thin-skinned people upset at the Simpsons making fun of organized religion.

Ditto!
  • Mullet_Parade
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I guess I'm just surprised that so many are offended by this event considering how the actual show constantly and blatantly rips on Christians with characters like Flanders and the Lovejoys. Maybe I shouldn't assume everyone who plays watches (or used to watch) the show. I can just think of plenty of examples of Christianity getting ripped on in the show that I think would be more offensive than anything that has happened in this event.
  • Not commenting, it's there to read for our community to choose as they will.

+1
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • Read the article. While very articulate, there are many unfounded assumptions, inconsistencies and contradictions in it. I'm not going to elaborate or discuss them here as there are too many of these threads already.

In short, I respectfully disagree.

Good event EA! I'm seeing this one through to the end.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• I guess I'm just surprised that so many are offended by this event considering how the actual show constantly and blatantly rips on Christians with characters like Flanders and the Lovejoys. Maybe I shouldn't assume everyone who plays watches (or used to watch) the show. I can just think of plenty of examples of Christianity getting ripped on in the show that I think would be more offensive than anything that has happened in this event.

Yep. It's weird. How is this sort of tongue-in-cheek theme a surprise at all??

What smohqy said!
  • AirurandoP wrote: »
    Read the article. While very articulate, there are many unfounded assumptions, inconsistencies and contradictions in it. I'm not going to elaborate or discuss them here as there are too many of these threads already.

In short, I respectfully disagree.

Good event EA! I'm seeing this one through to the end.

Thank you. Last thing we need is another thread of fighting, that's not going to fix anything.
  • Hail YO MAMA.
  • NaPaSmell wrote: »
    "We should send EA a holiday gift card if we don't agree with him".

Okay

hail_santa_greeting_card-re8f482dc2c4b4d84bbeaa87cb3b534e9_xvuat_8byvr_324.jpg

Can I steal this for my profile pic?

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg