EA Forums - Banner

Winter 2016: Mystery Gift Bonanza

Prev13456789
LPNintendoITA
11386 posts Member
edited December 2016
Click to enlarge

Note: You can open any of the Presents to complete the quest, not just the Silver one. It's better to save the vouchers for Gold or Platinum presents if you don't have the items there!
Note 2: If you've all items in the presents, this won't appear, as they're all unique.

mystery-presents-one-panel.png?w=134mystery-gift-bonanza-guide.png?w=300
78HMsQa.png
screenshot_20161221-091720.png?w=300screenshot_20161221-091734.png?w=300
11KPavY.png
Post edited by LPNintendoITA on

Replies

• I don't understand.
  • That's interesting although personally not much in the list that I don't already have or plan to buy. Do you know how many vouchers the silver, gold and platinum presents will cost? If they're giving out up to 1500 vouchers per purchase, I'd guess that platinum isn't likely to be much less than that and could be a multiple so maybe anywhere from 1000 to 5000 depending on how generous they're feeling!
  • Thanks. So that's 17 x Reindeer for a shot at the Platinum Mystery Present! B)
  • So def should have held off buying the murderhorn on black friday ha?
  • So you get vouchers by purchasing items, and you use the vouchers to buy silver,gold,platinum box?
  • I already have so many of those mystery box prizes. So what if I won it again do I get a second one? For example, 2nd Costington?
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • So def should have held off buying the murderhorn on black friday ha?

Yeah perhaps but there was no way of knowing this giveaway was going to happen and depends what you prefer - donuts or vouchers; the Black Friday rebate was better by 25 donuts whilst 1500 vouchers appears to be enough for a Gold Mystery Present.
  • thx for the info LPN!

Phew, I am a little bit disappointed. I already got most of the stuff from the voucher items. And yes, I wish I didn't buy the murderhorn as well... So you get punished for black friday here... A questionable mechanic.

Looks like the elf home is the best deal? 50 Donuts for 360 tickets. (I suppose this item and the rebate is not unique). So 500 Donuts for 3600 tickets... That is by far too much.

Unfortunately you cannot rush the gnome 4h waiting time with donuts. That would have been a good way to get the tickets.

I hope there will be better ways.
  • I already have so many of those mystery box prizes. So what if I won it again do I get a second one? For example, 2nd Costington?

I think all Possible Items in Mystery Presents are unique. So if you already have one of them it will not be an option for you to win.
  • Yep thats it. (Hate the 5 ch. Minimum)
  • Why hasn't started this at the beginning of the event? It would be way better if every premium purchase would be rewarded instead of only those in the middle of the second act. Especially since some of us already have some of the unique items that reward vouchers.
    #teamgrumple
  • I want a few of the items in the mystery boxes but it seems like it will be too expensive. Oh well. I'm not dropping hundreds of donuts to get a single shot at a item I want
  • If there is not another way to get vouchers..... It's the Easter gold box revival !!

Like people are not angry enough with this event....
  • 1pillform
    1989 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Everything on there has a name. Nothing says "Mystery" on it. I mean it tells you whats inside it on the right. How is that a Mystery?
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Is this implying we shouldn't be upgrading our gnome until the mystery presents start since you get tickets for level?
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    If there is not another way to get vouchers..... It's the Easter gold box revival !!

Like people are not angry enough with this event....

Yeah way to similar to the wheel.

If a player was already planning on buying the items that give vouchers then it's a nice bonus but there are only a handful of things on the list that I want and that I don't already have.
  • johde68 wrote: »
    Is this implying we shouldn't be upgrading our gnome until the mystery presents start since you get tickets for level?
    Too late. Mine is already level 2. But honestly those prizes....I think I got every single one. The only one that doesn't ring a bell is the outside Chimney....I got one but its not big at all, its tiny....so maybe they made a bigger version?
    ~Always be Designing~
  • I think you win 20+2*level every time you catch the gnome.

Not when you level up.

So the higher level you get the better