EA Forums - Banner

Very Annoying Inventory Mechanics

Does anyone else find really annoying and tiresome when your trying to design your SF and your looking for your items in your inventory which are usually at the back and are grouped somewhat together i.e. tree types and place them only to return to your inventory and its reset back to the beginning of the list. I find this adds twice as long to the process of designing.
If anyone else finds this problem annoying, it would be great if we could bring it to EA's attention so they could possible fix it so that the inventory does not reset back all the way back to beginning every time you find and place down the item/s you currently are using.

Replies

• This is easily the most frustrating aspect of this game. It wasn't always like this, but EA doesn't place much importance on fixing it.
    The broken inventory system limits how much I play this game. The last time I nuked, the inventory issue certainly tested my patience.
  • Yeah, it makes things pretty hard. Wish it had a search bar as well, which could search for items via both name, and event/release type.
  • MonorailMadness
    253 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I agree, they need to add more categories to make it easier to find stuff. I'd like a Holiday section for Xmas, Easter, Halloween & Thanksgiving items.
  • +1

Really hope they try and improve this at some point but I highly doubt they will devote any programming resources to this.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • Yes - it's really frustrating.
  • This is definitely one of the most consistent request for a fix. I've seen it in dozens of threads long before I chimed in around here and a huge pet peeve of mine as well.
    Would be brilliant if they would at least make it so you return to the same place in the inventory! I hate scrolling all the way back to the "whatever's" too. Would be greater if they fixed both issues, last spot return AND categories :).
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • They changed it to save us from a glitch. This was a bandaid change. I hope they actually fix the glitch and put back this inventory ability.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • This is definitely one of the most consistent request for a fix. I've seen it in dozens of threads long before I chimed in around here and a huge pet peeve of mine as well.
    Would be brilliant if they would at least make it so you return to the same place in the inventory! I hate scrolling all the way back to the "whatever's" too. Would be greater if they fixed both issues, last spot return AND categories :).

+1
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • This is definitely one of the most consistent request for a fix.

That’s an understatement. :smiley:

• Or have an option to use nearly the entire screen when looking at the inventory.
  • I remember when the inventory worked and you could return to the item you had been looking at without scrolling back. That may have lasted three months ? Hard to recall. The other irritating thing - highlighting seven other objects before selecting the last one you selected in Move mode, I think that was fixed briefly too.

I hope this can be fixed again. But not if it means the Decorations Limit gets lowered.
  • TST0_Help
    86 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    There is a easy way for EA to change this in the coding of the inventory menus. I guess they don't want to for a reason.