EA Forums - Banner

The Parson

Prev134
Just completed the final prize in act 1. Without donuts.

31581669085_4c3cd023c6.jpg
iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)

Replies

• Next to the snow, he's my favorite thing about this event. I especially like his 24 hour visual task.
  • Hmmm...think I'm way behind you lol about 5k from spaceship.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I'm still 12K away.

How did you get it so quickly without any rushing?
  • Its confusing because a PARTRIDGE is what's in the pear tree, so the parson is something else.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm still 12K away.

my guess would be he has all premium characters that contribute to the event and plenty of free time to keep his pagans cleared and complete all neighbor visit

if i cleared my pegans more than once or twice a day and visited all my neighbors i think i would be done too on my freemium town. i tap every 4 hours usually, except overnight where i do sleep. my premium town i did not do the elf thing the first couple of days (due to the glitch) and no neighbor visits or pagan clearing and am about 1-2 days behind my freemium town...i can finish it whenever i want though if i want to rush, but am thinking i will just finish it the old fashion way as it only takes a few minutes per day to complete this event.

never had an event that i havent finished early even with sleep and not having to do the more time consuming elements to scrap together a few extra event currency each day : P
  • got about 8k to go without using any donuts. Have friend visits in couple hours and another round of gnome box so, i'll should get him tonight or first thing in the morning!
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    evant13579 wrote: »
    if i cleared my pegans more than once or twice a day and visited all my neighbors i think i would be done too on my freemium town.

I clear my catnip/figurines/pagans at least 4 times a day. I have one premium character helping with catnip and one on figurines. I have the tree which gives at least 400 antlers a day (assuming 4 clearings).

I'm still 10,590K antlers away from from The Parson.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong then if you truly believe you would already have the The Parson in your freemium town if you did just a little more tapping in it.

I have no doubt that I'll get him days before the act ends, I'm just curious how I would have him already.
  • I didn't use donuts either, but I also have cleared tasks at least 5 times a day. I have all premium characters as well as the tree.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    evant13579 wrote: »
    if i cleared my pegans more than once or twice a day and visited all my neighbors i think i would be done too on my freemium town.

I clear my catnip/figurines/pagans at least 4 times a day. I have one premium character helping with catnip and one on figurines. I have the tree which gives at least 400 antlers a day (assuming 4 clearings).

I'm still 10,590K antlers away from from The Parson.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong then if you truly believe you would already have the The Parson in your freemium town if you did just a little more tapping in it.

I have no doubt that I'll get him days before the act ends, I'm just curious how I would have him already.

Thanks for the reminder, I bought the tree for my premium town but dont think I have been clearing it.

The differences I note are I do about 5 clears per day, and I have crazy cat lady and ling making cat **** and patches and violet and gino for figurines. so i have 2 premiums helping for each

i dont think you are doing anything wrong, the people who seem to finish excessively early who dont rush just have all the premiums and are tapping around the clock doing even the more cumbersome tasks like all neighbor visits and keeping pagans clear
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I didn't use donuts either, but I also have cleared tasks at least 5 times a day. I have all premium characters as well as the tree.

And how long ago did you get The Parson?
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I didn't use donuts either, but I also have cleared tasks at least 5 times a day. I have all premium characters as well as the tree.

And how long ago did you get The Parson?

About 9 hours ago.
  • I'm still 12K away.

I do have all premium characters, which does help a lot. Every 4 hours I clear all their tasks, except at night time when it's 6 hours.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • johncolombo
    11346 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I'm still 12K away.

I only have the parson left. Yes I've used some donuts but my mistake that I realized and caught me up very quickly was I wasn't converting clay and catnip to antlers. Check those resources, you may have thousands, cash them in for antlers leaving just enough to trade in for the offerings everyday.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I'm about 8k away from the saucer, but I decided to pass on the tree and I've been being a little conservative with the catnip and statues to make sure I had enough for the daily bonus. I shouldn't have any trouble finishing. I'm still impressed that someone managed to finish so soon. :)
  • Nice, congrats!!

Im within 1k of getting the burns costume.

lol I, like a fool, was only turning in resources for antlers 4 times a day. Once I found out I could do more i turned in as much as I could and jumped up 10k antlers.

Haven't played in a while so hopefully I can complete this event no problem. I have all the premium characters except Ling.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    got Parson a couple hours ago, no donuts. Just good ol' grinding
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm still on NG Burns and I highly doubt I'll make it to The Parson by Saturday. I'm a day behind on crafting because of how let down I am by this event.
  • Been hitting 5 times a day with only a few misses. Should get him today in a few hours at most.
  • I got him earlier today.

But I had just sent everyone on tasks, so now the Parson can't do anything for four hours. He's just slowly moving around. Poor guy.
  • Yup today seems to be the "Obtainable" day.. burn those resources for antlers.. you only need enough to turn in 4 small for the daily.

..... mmmmm bonughts!