EA Forums - Banner

Has the grass gone greener?

gazzajay wrote:
Or It could just be that we've had the snow for so long that I've forgot what grass even is

I choose B

Replies

• cdhagen123
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    I was thinking the same thing after the update. :D Probably we've all gotten used to the rather monochromatic snowy Springfield so much.
  • heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure some of the colors are different and the grass is a different shade of green. More of a spring green. I'll have to dig up some old screenshots for comparison.
  • JohnGalt85
    72 posts
    edited January 2013
    gazzajay wrote:
    When I went on my town today and saw the snow was gone, I thought the grass looked darker green than it used to be and some of the buildings (like channel6) have changed colour/design than before.

Or It could just be that we've had the snow for so long that I've forgot what grass even is

That's what I thought as well. And now my town looks like crap, never thought I'd miss the snow, but the white made everything look much more clean and neat...
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    I thought the same! Looks so good right now!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    I was so shocked to see the green back i thought the same is that brighter :) Grounds Keeper Willy must have gone round and done some gardening :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    gazzajay wrote:
    When I went on my town today and saw the snow was gone, I thought the grass looked darker green than it used to be and some of the buildings (like channel6) have changed colour/design than before.

It definitely has. Buildings look cleaner. Pimento Grove looks real weird against the grass, too.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    To me it looks more detailed and clearer. Like higher res. I really like the look of it and I am glad to see the newer buildings in their natural state.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure some of the colors are different and the grass is a different shade of green. More of a spring green. I'll have to dig up some old screenshots for comparison.

The water is different. The water on the left side used to be a different color than the river.

Or it could just be there doesn't seem to be any pollution in my river today.
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited January 2013
    Your title sounds like a Katy perry song.
  • vampiresscro
    57 posts
    edited February 2013
    Lol That's what I thought when I first saw the green grass as well! It's fun to know that I'm not the only one! I just attributed it to just not use to the bright colouration of summer. Became accustomed to the drab pallet of winter.

I agree with jasonicus321.

"To me it looks more detailed and clearer. Like higher res. I really like the look of it and I am glad to see the newer buildings in their natural state."

This was my second thought. :P

• jcqi
    46 posts
    edited February 2013
    The grass color has to be different otherwise it is a downgrade instead of an update. :wink:
  • adruralo
    3284 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    gazzajay wrote:
    When I went on my town today and saw the snow was gone, I thought the grass looked darker green than it used to be and some of the buildings (like channel6) have changed colour/design than before .

I have an older image of channel 6 building before the snow, and the colour and design is exactly the same since the new update.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited February 2013
    No, the colors are definitely different. I have screenshots and it's changed, but I didn't need screenshots to tell me that. I just hope it's temporary as it's much more cartoonish.
  • coffret_do
    144 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yes the colors are different, brighter I would say. You can see a more sharper contrast. When they first removed the snow, the green colours took a little time to get used to.
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think the grass is slightly brighter yes.
    As for the channel 6 building that someone mentioned... I think it's supposed to be seen as a 'glass effect' building. So the snow made it look more white/blue. Whereas now the grass is reflecting off it so its gone greener. If that makes sense :lol:
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    Think again:

Prevalentine:

50ballonparade-MoopsDude_zps6bb710fd.jpg
    (Source: MoopsDude famous ballon parade http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/120/9091695.page)

Postvalentine:

c7b0ffb1cc336ab07f4ba33b69038fb8_zps5624895c.jpg
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    I find that everything looks excessively phony, like plastic.

It took me a little while to figure it out, but then it struck me. Everything looks so much clearer since it is now longer actively snowing on your screen. Think about it -- the constant snow flurries were like static on an analog TV.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!