EA Forums - Banner

Hand shakes gone

Prev1
Even since the snow started I don't get any hand shakes from friends.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• Everybody is. You are tapping on pagans, not buildings, and so is everyone else. You would only see hand shakes if someone was tapping on buildings. They would have to be well under level 10 for them to still not be tapping on pagans.
  • Like most events that have to do with tapping on creatures or people instead of buildings. This is nothing new. You must be new to the game if you didn't know this....
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • I have two neighbors still tapping buildings....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I also have 1 or 2 tapping buildings. Took me a while to figure out why I still got the handshakes, but then again I'm not that bright ;)
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    Like most events that have to do with tapping on creatures or people instead of buildings. This is nothing new. You must be new to the game if you didn't know this....

When I go to a friend's town, I tap anything that is"active". This is what I've been doing all along.
    The hand shakes I'm referring that I don't see anymore, are in my town.
    Not a new player, 4 years . There are strategies that I wasn't aware of till I've read them here.
  • The only way your friends are able to still tap buildings is because they have not updated their app yet for the Winter Event or (more likely) they have not done the 2-3 tasks required to trigger pagans wondering the town...
  • its too bad... cause it would be nice to see friends visiting the town. so much for the social aspect of the game

• Willp_p70 you are the only friend that leaves handshakes in my town. When I visit your town I tap the pagans, you don't have any buildings to tap. I always leave some buildings untapped for you to tap, but I found it strange that you could tap buildings instead of pagans.
  • Canuck959 wrote: »

Willp_p70 you are the only friend that leaves handshakes in my town. When I visit your town I tap the pagans, you don't have any buildings to tap. I always leave some buildings untapped for you to tap, but I found it strange that you could tap buildings instead of pagans.
    Same here @willp_70 you're my only handshake, yet I have pagans when I visit you too. Did you do all the activating tasks to trigger the full event?

I really wish the social side of the game continued like with THOH event. I loved the recorders and that I could actually be helpful to my neighbours.
    Can ya hear that EA? :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Spiritals and Canuck, thanks for letting me know. As far as I know, I do all the tasks. Please describe a Pagan.
  • What am I doing wrong? The only things that I see clickable in friends towns are buildings. That's all I've ever seen.
  • What are your current event tasks? It sounds like you haven't progressed far enough in the quest line to tap on pagans.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    What are your current event tasks? It sounds like you haven't progressed far enough in the quest line to tap on pagans.

Just now I advanced and got the pagans. For some reason I thought they were active all the time. In fact I didn't know what a pagan was.
    Maybe I should get with my grandson to learn the finer points here. o:)
  • Glad you progressed.
  • I really wish the social side of the game continued like with THOH event. I loved the recorders and that I could actually be helpful to my neighbours.
    Can ya hear that EA? :)

Couldn't agree more. :innocent:
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • I have hand shakes again this morning. :)
  • ...pagans are gone, so...
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I wish they "EA" would leave the buildings active during events, that you could leave a handshakes.
    During events you only tap on around 10 neighbors to get event currency before it cuts off. I dont know about rest of you its hard searching for the pagans in everyones towns.
    If they leave the buildings tapable during events would make going through neighbor taps alot easier.

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    pagens were time consuming to find, quit all daily visits to every neighbor in a couple days. shakes would have kept me doing all visits daily
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • After the 50 to 90 event taps the game should let us also taps buildings. I remember one event was glitched to allow both friend and event taps, but that's bad if you haven't earned all your event currency from neighbors yet. Would be a nice option once the event currency has run dry for the day.

Really, maybe the wandering NPC and buildings that both earn event currency would be great.