EA Forums - Banner

Storing the Turkey mascot?

The Thankgiving Turkey mascot we earned recently is still wandering around my town. How can I store him? I tried turning off the paths, decorations and buildings even, but I can't just store him.

(Sorry if this was mentioned before. I went AWOL after thanksgiving and the search function keeps on giving sports games results)

Also, a question on etiquette. With this new forum, if I reply to someone, will they know? Is the etiquette here for the OP to quote and reply to all comments or do we just reply to our own thread in thanks?

Replies

• Why do you want to store this lovely turkey? He gives you money or pills.
  • NicholasD1984
    2669 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The Thankgiving Turkey mascot we earned recently is still wandering around my town. How can I store him? I tried turning off the paths, decorations and buildings even, but I can't just store him.

(Sorry if this was mentioned before. I went AWOL after thanksgiving and the search function keeps on giving sports games results)

Also, a question on etiquette. With this new forum, if I reply to someone, will they know? Is the etiquette here for the OP to quote and reply to all comments or do we just reply to our own thread in thanks?
    If you find the turkey just tap on it and you should put it in inventory when you go into storage mode. Trying to find it on the over hand is tricky good luck with that. Also a way for the op to find out is they get a notification next time they log on to the forum. If you talk to others other than the op you can use the @ function all you do is for example type @chippers29775 and they will also get a notification.
    So it @(persons name)
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Why do you want to store this lovely turkey? He gives you money or pills.

Actually I ended up storing him. Just didn’t care for the look. The money and pills dispensed is a pittance in the big scheme of things. Probably take him out of mothballs next Thanksgiving.

• The pills will go over the storage limit, which is good because they are the most frustrating bottleneck in SH. I'm at 350 pills so far.
  • petehd14 wrote: »
    The pills will go over the storage limit, which is good because they are the most frustrating bottleneck in SH. I'm at 350 pills so far.

I think I maxed out at around 260 before I stashed Bigclaw. I’d find that more impressive if there was something I actually wanted to do with them, but my SH is valued at at around $1.5B and I have no current plans to expand further until such time as EA decides to add more land there. I’m definitely not saying that users ought to store Bigclaw; I’m just saying that it’s no big loss to do so.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    HomerND84 wrote: »
    If you find the turkey just tap on it and you should put it in inventory when you go into storage mode. Trying to find it on the over hand is tricky good luck with that. Also a way for the op to find out is they get a notification next time they log on to the forum. If you talk to others other than the op you can use the @ function all you do is for example type @chippers29775 and they will also get a notification.
    So it @(persons name)

Thanks for the tips! So I guess if I quote you, you would get a notification too? I like the @mention feature.

I tried going into storage mode, and tapping on it to store it, but no dice. I also tried in playing mode, but it just runs around and vanishes tempoarily. Also, in playing mode, I tried keeping my finger on the screen until I went into storage mode and used area select, which didn't work for me either. Am I missing a step?
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Why do you want to store this lovely turkey? He gives you money or pills.

I sometimes accidentally tap on him when looking for pagans, and the flashing just disorients me. I'm considering on asking the pagans on whether they want a turkey offering. :)

• The thing I hate about big claw is when I tap him, then chase him tapping him I invariably tap a building which brings up its diolog box. I have to arrow out of it, by then I've lost the dirty rat **** again and end up with nothing. Annoying little geck.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    So it @(persons name)

Thanks for the tips! So I guess if I quote you, you would get a notification too? I like the @mention feature.

No you only get a notification when someone replies to the ops thread or when you mention someone.
  • I see, thank you! :)
  • This is why we need a character finder for non playable characters.