EA Forums - Banner

EA's Communication Policy

I believe I have found EA's method of communication:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwxbV68ECytrvZCkii9nWKPnPRQi7TsWqiR39edlZq3znlsc9c6Q

Strange, I know, for a game developer...

Replies

• AMSnake-o
    135 posts
    edited January 2013
    Hah! Hilarious. More like,
    smoke-signals.jpg
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    In regard to this I am going to copy the beginning of my idea that I have in the EA exec thread, which dropped to the bottom of page 2 in ess than 45 minutes.

And I have not even been able to go into my theories on the brilliance of EA's marketing department and how to adjust users expectations to shoddy products so that when you release something that works as it should have people are overjoyed and think you walk on water and claim how much they love you and throw money at you.
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    First thought when I saw the thread title - "EA has a communications policy?"
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    In regard to this I am going to copy the beginning of my idea that I have in the EA exec thread, which dropped to the bottom of page 2 in ess than 45 minutes.

And I have not even been able to go into my theories on the brilliance of EA's marketing department and how to adjust users expectations to shoddy products so that when you release something that works as it should have people are overjoyed and think you walk on water and claim how much they love you and throw money at you.

Ah, the brilliance of engineered lowered expectations! You might be on to something MD.

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    DocNo42 wrote:

Exactly, no communication is just as valid of a policy, I mean they send users with problems to this forum to get sorted, what more can you expect of the chimp working in their customer service department.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

Ah, the brilliance of engineered lowered expectations! You might be on to something MD.

Yep, I do think I am, I mean look how happy everyone is that the game works, like a real functioning product, not a beta release. I know I was when I first went through nary a crash and then it hit me, someone at EA deserves a big raise, I want in on those board meetings.
  • lll3lucky
    546 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I believe I have found EA's method of communication:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwxbV68ECytrvZCkii9nWKPnPRQi7TsWqiR39edlZq3znlsc9c6Q

Strange, I know, for a game developer...

This made my day for the EA evaluation on talking to its' benefactors.
  • AMSnake-o
    135 posts
    edited January 2013
    DocNo42 wrote:

Hah! Exactly. Clearly their Comms team hasn't learned any comm models. Actually, they might be handicapped by the PR department. this happens a lot in big corps, because the PR team is worried that addressing issues will upset the stakeholders. Might I add that this is A TERRIBLE STRATEGY!
  • AMSnake-o
    135 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

Hah!
  • kschold
    236 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

Exactly, no communication is just as valid of a policy, I mean they send users with problems to this forum to get sorted, what more can you expect of the chimp working in their customer service department.

Poor Mr Teeney. And in this economy the cigs and bananas just don't go as far as they used to...
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    DocNo42 wrote:

This right here. None of us are employed from EA we should not have to do anything EA does not want to do, If they cant be bothered to help Tapped out players when they are getting Paid for it then what the hell?
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    The irony here is that last night I looked up news articles that mention the game.

Several announcing the update
    1 that mentions tsto being EA's most profitable online game last quarter
    And one was an interview with Michael Lawder, head of customer service for EA last month about what they are doing to overcome the bad image they have with customers. I'm tempted to find his contact address and send a letter asking how the update fiasco's and thier silence to customers fits in that plan.

I suspect they are going for the win 2 years in a row.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The irony here is that last night I looked up news articles that mention the game.

Several announcing the update
    1 that mentions tsto being EA's most profitable online game last quarter
    And one was an interview with Michael Lawder, head of customer service for EA last month about what they are doing to overcome the bad image they have with customers. I'm tempted to find his contact address and send a letter asking how the update fiasco's and thier silence to customers fits in that plan.

I suspect they are going for the win 2 years in a row.

I read that article as well, the one with Lawder, posted it here somewhere. Actually it gave me a little hope...a little, and that it is a long way off as they pull their heads from their a**es to figure out this new direction they should have been blazing. Much like badly Blockbuster predicted the future and look where they are now, though I think EA is a bit ahead of where BB was.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.