EA Forums - Banner

REALLY NEED A WAY TO DELETE.....

You can, it's just REALLY not obvious:

* Go to your Friends list
* Tap on the arrow on the right for friend you wish to remove - this shows their details
* Tap on the Profile button
* Now tap on the PLUS sign that is in the bottom right corner of the box that has their name. Completely counter-intuative, but that's what you click on
* Now tap on the Remove Friend button

Enjoy!

Replies

• thelawnet
    57 posts
    edited January 2013
    dude, download the origin client.

http://www.origin.com/download
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    thelawnet wrote:

No thanks - my primary machines are not windows :hunf:
  • wolve3
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    thelawnet wrote:

Yeah I finally did that. Sooooo much easier to delete friends using the Origin software on PC. I only wish adding people on there worked.
  • wolve3
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    No thanks - my primary machines are not windows :hunf:

Use a VM running Windows then? ;)
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    wolve3 wrote:
    Use a VM running Windows then? ;)

I have one, just don't feel like firing it up. And I have a full blown gaming PC - I guess I could load it on there. I just only really deal with EA stuff on my iOS devices so I tend to not think about it when I'm in front of the computer.

I know, first world problems....
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013

Thanks - looks like I missed it. I'll have to keep an eye out for it's release!
  • adele2006
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    DocNo42 wrote:
    You can, it's just REALLY not obvious:

* Go to your Friends list
    * Tap on the arrow on the right for friend you wish to remove - this shows their details
    * Tap on the Profile button
    * Now tap on the PLUS sign that is in the bottom right corner of the box that has their name. Completely counter-intuative, but that's what you click on
    * Now tap on the Remove Friend button

Enjoy!

These people are NOT showing up in the My Friends section......they are still in my neighbours and therefore taking up space since they are still being recognised as friends
  • adele2006
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    thelawnet wrote:

trying this now....see what happens
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    adele2006 wrote:
    These people are NOT showing up in the My Friends section......they are still in my neighbours and therefore taking up space since they are still being recognised as friends

That's a new one. I dunno - download the origin client then, maybe they show up there? If not, then it looks like your device data is out of sync with the servers - you may have to delete the app and re-install it (no real danger in doing so, just visit your friends page in the game to force a sync of your iOS device to the Origin servers).

I'd delete the app, reboot my iOS device, reinstall the app but before logging in reboot it again (just to be paranoid) and then log in and see if that does it.

Good luck!
  • adele2006
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    DocNo42 wrote:
    adele2006 wrote:

That's a new one. I dunno - download the origin client then, maybe they show up there? If not, then it looks like your device data is out of sync with the servers - you may have to delete the app and re-install it (no real danger in doing so, just visit your friends page in the game to force a sync of your iOS device to the Origin servers).

I'd delete the app, reboot my iOS device, reinstall the app but before logging in reboot it again (just to be paranoid) and then log in and see if that does it.

Good luck!

Apps been deleted and reinstalled loads still cant get rid of the odd few and downloaded the app and they don't show up in there either :( dunno what that's about.... did find that one of the people i wanted to remove didn't have a remove button on the friends profile so used block instead and that worked to remove them but as for the illusive neighbour that isnt in my friends....
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    adele2006 wrote:
    did find that one of the people i wanted to remove didn't have a remove button on the friends profile so used block instead and that worked to remove them but as for the illusive neighbour that isnt in my friends....

If you add them as a friend, can you then delete or block them from the "pending friends" list? Might be worth a try...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.