EA Forums - Banner

EA DEVELOPERS: Please Address The Version Check Error

Prev1
dcline414 wrote:
EA Developers,

We know that you lurk (and occasionally post) here. You are undoubtedly aware how widespread this version-check issue is.

I have no doubt that you are working to fix the problem as quickly as possible, but can you please comment on the issue in the meantime? Is there anything that can be done as an end-user to fix or improve things? Or is this an Origin issue that will eventually correct itself? If not, do you have any timeline for pushing an update that will correct this?

We are all eager to play (and spend money), but can't thanks to being unable to visit neighbors and collect hearts. Issues like this would be far less troublesome if you would communicate with your customers as we endure them.

Thank you,
Your loyal paying customers.

Would you believe they actually have a forum for this?

And EA employees have posted in response to problems. Shocking, but true. :)

Answers.ea.com

Replies

• dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    In case you missed how many of your customers are affected:

image.jpg
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    Well said, I hope we receive an update from EA soon
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Bump
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013

Answers.ea.com
    Thanks. I was not aware of that site, nor that it is their official communication channel. As of the time of my post, there were no responses on this forum, Facebook, or Twitter.

For anyone who would like a direct link to EA's response:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/GLITCH-IN-VALENTINES-DAY-UPDATE/m-p/450092#M9987
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:

Answers.ea.com
    Thanks. I was not aware of that site, nor that it is their official communication channel. As of the time of my post, there were no responses on this forum, Facebook, or Twitter.

For anyone who would like a direct link to EA's response:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/GLITCH-IN-VALENTINES-DAY-UPDATE/m-p/450092#M9987

Yeah, it's mostly filled with the same complaints we see here. But a couple of their people do respond.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    Bump
    Amazing how fast threads are bumped off the first page today!
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    If this issue goes on I guess they'll extend the deadline again, don't you think?
  • whatUsaid82
    76 posts
    edited January 2013
    I can only visit a few.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Bump
    Exactly 5 minutes that time... insane! :shock:
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Bump
    Took nearly 15 minutes... things finally slowing down around here?
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Bump
    Took nearly 15 minutes... things finally slowing down around here?

Lol I know, I keep going in to see if I've had any response and I can't find the threads.

Try your post here dcline414 http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/bd-p/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out

It's there new Beta site but an admin is there and she seems to be popular in getting help.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Is that poll on answer.ea or was it on here?? If it not on here maybe we should start one :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Is that poll on answer.ea or was it on here?? If it not on here maybe we should start one :)

Yeh the poll was on here but all the new threads are pushing them to the back. I can't even remember the title of it now.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    It's on here... Doesn't stay on page one for very long though. :(

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9271079.page
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Did you not read this group today? :mrgreen:

Look for the poll for visiting neighbors after update. I think it started and fell back several pages while you were in the 3 dimensional realm.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Look for the poll for visiting neighbors after update. I think it started and fell back several pages while you were in the 3 dimensional realm.

Been busy today n last night trying to catch up now :mrgreen: the one day I didn't come on here n I've missed loads lol
  • MayorMcCheez
    150 posts
    edited January 2013
    Send a courteous PM to EA Gypsy, the author of the "Welcome" thread pinned to the top of the page. Perhaps you will get a reply.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Send a courteous PM to EA Gypsy, the author of the "Welcome" thread pinned to the top of the page. Perhaps you will get a reply.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited January 2013
    Bump
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Been busy today n last night trying to catch up now :mrgreen: the one day I didn't come on here n I've missed loads lol

Let me summarize what I've seen for you then:

I can't visit friends
    Add me
    Philosophical debate on what the Popsicle tower is standing in for & a comparison of love vs either buying a woman or trying to lure them with fancy things
    My friends won't update, so I am deleting them
    EA sucks
    All praise EA
    And I think one about buying and hen pimping Shuana

Plus the normal non-tsto stuff takes some froth at the mouth.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.