EA Forums - Banner

Goodbye you guys

Prev13
MyNoNoSp0t
90 posts Member
edited December 2016
after almost 4 years of the tap and grind I've decided to walk away. the having to buy around $200 of in game currency to play is ridiculous.( before anyone says I don't have to buy it,... I am a completion junkie.) more so because I literally just added $200 to my account in Nov. haha jokes on me I guess. well I give up. if I can't complete a game there is no point in playing.

So long....

Replies

• Goodbye you guy.

And I can understand your frustration if you were a completionist.
  • I'm not a completionist, but if I were I would not be happy either. Don't know if I would quit though.
  • Seems like a juvenile response to a simple change in EA marketing strategy. Who's to say they won't appear in donut purchase form another time; as they're just a bonus item its totally within bounds.

If you're quitting because you're tired of it, whatever, but this seems like an excuse.
  • MyNoNoSp0t wrote: »
    after almost 4 years of the tap and grind I've decided to walk away. the having to buy around $200 of in game currency to play is ridiculous.( before anyone says I don't have to buy it,... I am a completion junkie.) more so because I literally just added $200 to my account in Nov. haha jokes on me I guess. well I give up. if I can't complete a game there is no point in playing.

So long....

good bye I hope that one day you will return in the meantime have a happy new year
  • MyNoNoSp0t wrote: »

So long....

I'm not trying to be dismissive but if you've been playing for four years then you should know that these "Shelbyville" items will be offered for regular donuts at some point. It may be a year from now. Heck it might be two years from now, but it will happen. Many people (for nonsensical reasons) claimed we'd NEVER get the Mapple store because TSTO was on the Android platform now but we got it. We'd never see Springfield Falls again and we got it. Etc. In fact we'll probably see them with a donut rebate. Hahahaha. EA knows how to work people.
  • jukan00 wrote: »
    MyNoNoSp0t wrote: »

So long....

I'm not trying to be dismissive but if you've been playing for four years then you should know that these "Shelbyville" items will be offered for regular donuts at some point. It may be a year from now. Heck it might be two years from now, but it will happen. Many people (for nonsensical reasons) claimed we'd NEVER get the Mapple store because TSTO was on the Android platform now but we got it. We'd never see Springfield Falls again and we got it. Etc. In fact we'll probably see them with a donut rebate. Hahahaha. EA knows how to work people.

Yeah but those were just donut items. These Shelbyville items are attached to a donut sale. If I spent 200 dollars on these items and next Wednesday they're offered for 300 donuts (knowing donuts are easier to obtain than real money) I'd be pd/off. I'm all for EA making $$ but throw us a bone. If I buy a boatload I should get all 5 prizes not just the statue.
  • lcedEarth wrote: »
    jukan00 wrote: »
    MyNoNoSp0t wrote: »

So long....

Yeah but those were just donut items. These Shelbyville items are attached to a donut sale. If I spent 200 dollars on these items and next Wednesday they're offered for 300 donuts (knowing donuts are easier to obtain than real money) I'd be pd/off. I'm all for EA making $$ but throw us a bone. If I buy a boatload I should get all 5 prizes not just the statue.

Sure, definitely. I agree with you. That's why I'm saying, don't stress about it because they'll be offered later. Those people who jumped the guy will most certainly be angry in the future though! :D
  • There's nothing wrong with your desire to quit a four year addiction that's cost you a lot of money.

But your attitude, like it's the dealer's fault you're addicted to crack, is simply wrong. You NEVER had to spend any money, but you chose to. You never had to be so consumed with collecting digital Simpson-themed art, but you chose to for the distorted perception of prestige which you linked to the word "completionist", which ironically according to this Google keyboard is not even a word ("touch again to save").

How about you just take a break, let your frustrations wane, and revisit some day, like in a few months. Learn to play freemium, where your challenge is to obtain as much free stuff as you can, and your pleasure comes from not pisssing away cash needlessly while still enjoying the game.

Because this IS a game, and one of the benefits so far IS CONTINUITY. Monopoly and Scrabble never released monthly updates. I'm very happy we get new content.

We'll be here waiting for you when you come back, "clean" hopefully. Happy new year!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Kinda confused here-regardless of the reasons for leaving- how can another persons opinion and choice be "wrong"? may not be mine, I might even know some excellent reasons that it's not my opinion (i.e. I do know even after only a year and a half that everything seems to show back up eventually, that's how I got booberella when I started like 3 years after her, or that the item limit prevents completion it's to display everything )
    All that aside, some one elses reason, feelings or choices aren't right or wrong for me. (Unless of course they impose some sort of limit on me and others...then we got a brawl lol)
    Sorry to see you go OP but you can always come back and visit :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Welp... See ya later !
  • 4junk3000
    6027 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Don't miss the point of an entire comment by focusing on one word if you have issues with deflecting perceived judgment.

Sorry the word "wrong" wasn't perfect for you. How about the word "stupid" or "unjustified"? Any of these words I could care less what you prefer. The POINT of the comment is to REFUTE hostility toward game programmers for continuously offering new content to purchase.

It's not the game developer's fault or responsibility that the OP can't afford to purchase everything they offer. I also doubt they expect any single person to buy everything they do offer. Only people CHOOSING to feed their compulsive behavior, to buy everything offered, are having the problem expressed by OP.

There should be no expectation that less content should be offered because OP can't keep up with the expense of obtaining it all. That IS wrong/stupid/unjustifiable.

I don't know where people get the idea that all opinions are equal and there's no right or wrong opinions. That's just ridiculous. Here's a crystal clear example: If someone holds the opinion that short people are dumber than tall people, it's WRONG. There's no denying it. There's no debating it. It's simply a wrong opinion. They happen all the time. It's not a big deal, and it wasn't meant to be here. Which is why I suggested OP take a break and come back we'll welcome them when they do.

Happy tapping!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Sorry to see you go! :(

First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Hasta la Vista , Baby!
  • Are people so insecure about their own playing habits that they need to lambast someone for deciding to walk away? Guy decided to quit playing a game — it’s just not that big a deal.
  • Are people so insecure about their own playing habits that they need to lambast someone for deciding to walk away? Guy decided to quit playing a game — it’s just not that big a deal.

Exactly.
    @4junk3000 I never meant to offend you, just don't agree with judgment calls on another persons Opinion. Not even yours.
    Deep breath deep breath. :):)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I usually get stuff I can't get by 'other' means. I have my ways of getting what I want for this game for free. So, I'm not worried. You obviously haven't been around long enough to know there is always another way.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    I usually get stuff I can't get by 'other' means. I have my ways of getting what I want for this game for free. So, I'm not worried. You obviously haven't been around long enough to know there is always another way.

What other way of getting the items tied to buying donuts is there? Cos it sounds like you're admitting to hacking your game...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    1pillform wrote: »
    I usually get stuff I can't get by 'other' means. I have my ways of getting what I want for this game for free. So, I'm not worried. You obviously haven't been around long enough to know there is always another way.

Jeez. You wanna hack the game, fine. But you might have the sense not to mention it on the forum where such statements are not allowed and usually not appreciated.

Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • You could've carried on playing for free, just stop being a completionist, by quitting you've stopped being a completionist anyway
  • That lame statue is a sign from the universe that it's time to stop being a completionist, because it's hideous. Once I was able to stop getting everything and started buying only the things I really thought would add to my town, I enjoyed the game more. Sounds like you just need a break. Step away for a bit, see how you feel later.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.