EA Forums - Banner

California...

Prev13456
are you guys ready for the "big one"?????? do you remember what they taught you in grade school if one happens?
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• Don't take wooden nickels?
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• Well that should be a given anyways...
  • That it will fall into the ocean? Yes, I remember that.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I wish it would fall into the ocean but it won't.... But that's not going to help you if one happens....
  • Don't eat yellow snow?

• Always a good one too... But what if it's just yellow dye???

Is the dye gluten free?

• moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    Always a good one too... But what if it's just yellow dye???

Is the dye gluten free?

Natural flavoring?
  • What's this thread about?
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!

Are you in California?

Are you in California?

No
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • You wish California would fall into the ocean? Really? Why? I've lived here my whole life and love it. I don't particularly like Texas, for instance, but I don't want it to fall into the ocean. I just won't visit.

Is the dye gluten free?
    Is it organic?
    What state was it grown in, i heard idaho is having problems with its oranges.
    Is it Vegan?
    Can you make it Vegan, the guy yesterday made it vegan, can you give me a vegan sauce?
    Do you have any Vegan Desserts?

Me: Yes, Tell them we have fruit.

You'd be amazed, but yes this happened, various times.

I'd like a Grilled Cheese no Bread.
    I'd like some nachos no cheese.
    I'd like a Burger but can you make it with no Bread but wrap it in lettuce? (technically yes, but its not a burger its a wrap numb nuts)
    I ordered a Wrap and its cold, smooth move exlax, unless you ordered it hot, it'll be served cold (even written on the menu) if you want it hot its a burrito.

Having worked in california, and kitchens, i can assure you people are
    A) Dont realize what theyve ordered and feel its easy to make modifications.

B) Know what they want but expect it yesterday.

A customer once ordered a burger, no bun, deconstructed. served as a salad. When working with capable people its a simple matter of saying "check out this dumb 🎃🎃🎃🎃 order" but when working alone and in a rush its "Seriously? your going to order this right now, seriously?"

However that said, as a dude thats been born and raised in CA i can say this, i dont give a damn about the big one.
    If i die, i die, no use 🎃🎃🎃🎃 about it, kinda sucks but hey thats life chaotic and been a complete let down from start to finish, why expect it to change now?

However i'll say this once, unless a place is specifically Vegan, or the menu has Vegan options, dont force them to make it for you, i dont go to vegan restaurants and force them to serve me meat. (i dont go to vegan restaurants period, except that one time) i dont mind vegetarian, but vegan is a completely different level:
    Examples include,
    cooking areas cant have touched animal products (fats or such) simple unless its a multipurpose cooking surface that is used frequently.
    questions that i dont want to answer (most of them asking if i can make it vegan, answer is yes but i dont want to, alos it will take longer for me to do so)
    Different levels of vegan, some are willing to eat honey some arent, some dont trust my judgement or analysis of dressings on salads (when in doubt use olive oil).
    3 hour lecture plus reading material on why its wrong/bad/ morally ethical to eat/consume/ use animal products due to abuse/ health reasons blah blah blah vegan vegan,

I'll end with a joke,
    i met a guy who was a politically correct social activists who was also a vegan and atheist, the only reason i know this is cause he wouldnt shut up about it. giphy.gif
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    You wish California would fall into the ocean? Really? Why? I've lived here my whole life and love it. I don't particularly like Texas, for instance, but I don't want it to fall into the ocean. I just won't visit.

i live in California...now...in the present...and well to be fair, i dont want it all to go into the ocean....

Is the dye gluten free?
    Is it organic?
    What state was it grown in, i heard idaho is having problems with its oranges.
    Is it Vegan?
    Can you make it Vegan, the guy yesterday made it vegan, can you give me a vegan sauce?
    Do you have any Vegan Desserts?

Me: Yes, Tell them we have fruit.

You'd be amazed, but yes this happened, various times.

I'd like a Grilled Cheese no Bread.
    I'd like some nachos no cheese.
    I'd like a Burger but can you make it with no Bread but wrap it in lettuce? (technically yes, but its not a burger its a wrap numb nuts)
    I ordered a Wrap and its cold, smooth move exlax, unless you ordered it hot, it'll be served cold (even written on the menu) if you want it hot its a burrito.

Having worked in california, and kitchens, i can assure you people are
    A) Dont realize what theyve ordered and feel its easy to make modifications.

B) Know what they want but expect it yesterday.

A customer once ordered a burger, no bun, deconstructed. served as a salad. When working with capable people its a simple matter of saying "check out this dumb **** order" but when working alone and in a rush its "Seriously? your going to order this right now, seriously?"

However that said, as a dude thats been born and raised in CA i can say this, i dont give a **** about the big one.
    If i die, i die, no use **** about it, kinda **** but hey thats life chaotic and been a complete let down from start to finish, why expect it to change now?

However i'll say this once, unless a place is specifically Vegan, or the menu has Vegan options, dont force them to make it for you, i dont go to vegan restaurants and force them to serve me meat. (i dont go to vegan restaurants period, except that one time) i dont mind vegetarian, but vegan is a completely different level:
    Examples include,
    cooking areas cant have touched animal products (fats or such) simple unless its a multipurpose cooking surface that is used frequently.
    questions that i dont want to answer (most of them asking if i can make it vegan, answer is yes but i dont want to, alos it will take longer for me to do so)
    Different levels of vegan, some are willing to eat honey some arent, some dont trust my judgement or analysis of dressings on salads (when in doubt use olive oil).
    3 hour lecture plus reading material on why its wrong/bad/ morally ethical to eat/consume/ use animal products due to abuse/ health reasons blah blah blah vegan vegan,

I'll end with a joke,
    i met a guy who was a politically correct social activists who was also a vegan and atheist, the only reason i know this is cause he wouldnt shut up about it. giphy.gif

lol That about sums it up....we have been getting a few shakes here and there the last couple of days...but its an earthquake...theres no stopping it...i mean unless somehow superman comes and takes them away? Can he do that?
  • i guess my main fear though is we dont have a rainy day fund for an event like this...
  • When I was younger I was all like why don't you fill the vaultline with cement?
    Now I'm all like why don't you fill the vault line with veggie bacon?

Seriously though, I don't mind everyplace has its ups and downs, some have freezing weather others scorching, some have earthquakes others have tornadoes.
    Some places have Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor and other parallel dimensions have him as the POTUS, you have to choose the one that best fits for you.
    CA isn't perfect but it's not.,.... um someplace else?

I'm just hoping the CA doesn't get a forest fire before an earthquake we called dibs on earthquake decades ago.
  • Earthquakes are fun...until you die in one.
    i live in California...now...in the present...and well to be fair, i dont want it all to go into the ocean....
    So...just the red or the blue parts?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Earthquakes are fun...until you die in one.
    So...just the red or the blue parts?

I guarantee you it's the blue parts she or he doesn't like. We blues just move to were we like, the reds want anyone who isn't like them to drop off into the ocean.
  • *eyeroll* yeah...im not taking this piece of bait...consider i have family and a best buddy in the blue part and im in the red part...and if you actually knew me....you would realize this isnt a political reasoning....