EA Forums - Banner

California...

Replies

• Well, I don't know you, so when you leave a cryptic message that could easily be taken as I have, then what do you expect?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • i take it
    you just enjoy starting disagreements...thats what i can read from you....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • I take it I'm correct about you. When someone makes a snarky remark about California it's because they think we're too Liberal. At least own up to it.
  • 4-Are-We-Kinder-Gentler-Yet.gif
  • *eyeroll* yeah...im not taking this piece of bait...consider i have family and a best buddy in the blue part and im in the red part...and if you actually knew me....you would realize this isnt a political reasoning....
    What are your reasons then? I wouldn't make a statement like yours for the state I live in. Just...maybe the people I don't like can move to another state or country. That's about it.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • 4-Are-We-Kinder-Gentler-Yet.gif

Look where that got us? Why bother?
  • Bump.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • #bump
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • #bump
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • im not being snarky and its personal and no they cant move to another state *see the word personal* if you want to question that as well....and yes, yes....i believe i have made my self VERY CLEAR in other posts where i reside in politics so i dont feel it necessary to explain it again...i dont like repeating myself....you guys made it political...you guys obviously didnt read my original post other wise you would realize i was asking if anyone actually remembers in grade school what they taught you in the multiple, rediculous earthquake drills they use to put us through....you jumped to conclusions to troll...so i say BRAVO....you accomplished what you set out for.... HA and see i didnt jump to name calling and there arent any asterisks for bad words...so i hope you feel great about your self and i hope you have a great new year.....
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I have never dealt with earthquake drills. What do you do during those? I did live in two states where we did tornado drills. Every student went into the hallway sat on the floor against the wall and hold a book over our head. Even as a child, I knew that a book wasn't going to save us if the ceiling fell on us.
  • if i remember right, we hide under our desk with our hands covering our neck....ive never done a tornado drill but we never get tornados to touch down here...we have had some touch down in a tiny town next to us though and take out a trailer park though...and we get funnel clouds on occasion...but they never really touch down here....
  • dropcoverholdon_eng_color.gif
  • that would be it!!
  • we had a lot of fire drills too which always made me wonder who was planning on setting the school on fire...???? :/
  • that would be it!!

Not all that different from the old duck-and-cover civil defense drills dating back to the late 50s/early 60s. I don’t know about anyone else here, but I’ve actually experienced a number of earthquakes, although almost all were so minor (or I was so far from the epicenter) that I didn’t even notice them when they occurred. The one exception was a 4-Mw earthquake in Oklahoma. That’s still classified as minor, but I still found the sensations it caused pretty impressive.

• earthquakes are very interesting!! we dont feel them very often here...i mean the last couple of days a lot of my friends have been mentioning how they have felt the ones recently and im kind of jealous...but i did definitely feel one of them a couple of months ago....and honestly it was much different than the usual earthquakes i have felt...usually they are like a Shake Shake Shake but that one was more like the earth rolling....it was creepy but interesting....
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I remember the first earthquake I was in. It was minor and I really didn't realize what it was until after it was over. It is a weird sensation.
  • you know whats scary....in our area we dont usually get them, but from some of my friends it happens a lot are Sonic Booms....the one we had scared the heck out of me...i thought something exploded across the street.... 0_0
  • earthquakes are very interesting!! we dont feel them very often here...i mean the last couple of days a lot of my friends have been mentioning how they have felt the ones recently and im kind of jealous...but i did definitely feel one of them a couple of months ago....and honestly it was much different than the usual earthquakes i have felt...usually they are like a Shake Shake Shake but that one was more like the earth rolling....it was creepy but interesting....

We've had a lot of those rolling earthquakes here in Oklahoma, very little of the shaking ones.
    you know whats scary....in our area we dont usually get them, but from some of my friends it happens a lot are Sonic Booms....the one we had scared the heck out of me...i thought something exploded across the street.... 0_0

I've heard the sonic boom ones here too. First one I heard I lived a few miles from the Air Force base here. and the "explosion" came from the direction of the base, had me worried for a bit because there was no moving of the earth, just that noise. I never knew earthquakes would just make the noise and not make the ground move...or maybe I wasn't close enough to the epicenter to feel any movement, just enough to hear it.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh