EA Forums - Banner

Cannot connect to server: Man I hate this screen

Actually, be happy. This time it's a good screen.

I was playing nicely in my Springfield, but only able to visit one or two of my neighbors.

Then I got the "cannot connect" screen for a few hours.

When it finally returned, I was able to connect to about a 1/4 of my neighbors and now neighbors are able to connect to me (as I've received Valentine's from them).

So give it a few hours and come back. As more and more updates occur, eventually we should all be able to connect to each other again.

Replies

• kennedy6988
    225 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the info, I'll try that. :)
  • plzkilllme
    16 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have had the "can't connect" error message since last night, shortly after getting my first valentines (meaning friends could get into my town). It's been almost 24 hours. I have tried everything -- quitting, reinstalling, changing wifi networks, logging out, loggin back in. Nothing works for more than a minute or so. It's driving me crazy that I know friends are able to get into my town but I can't collect their valentines.
  • jrosen73
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm also having the issue. Started the Wiggum house which should be done in a couple of hours. I was able to login for about 30 sec then get the dreaded server screen. This happens on both an iPhone and iPad. Other accounts work fine...so obviously an issue with origin account vs the device.
  • plzkilllme
    16 posts
    edited January 2013
    You know what's really weird ... I can log out of my Origin account and play anonymously and have NO problem connecting to the server. It's only when I log into my account that I start having problems and can't play (and the problems have been happening for close to 24 hours now). Are certain accounts on some kind of no-play list? Why does this happen periodically and why can't EA fix it the way they've supposedly fixed the crashing problems.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I might have to eat my words and/or take my own advice.

I can log into my Springfield (although I have had to log into Origin a few times), but I cannot check out any friends. As soon as I do, the donut spins and spins and eventually I'm booted to the log-in screen. So the game isn't crashing like it was right before the update, I just cannot visit friends now.

The odd thing is that I'm receiving Valentines, so people can visit me. And periodically, I suddenly lose the connection.

I'm hoping this is part of EA's update so that we can all access each other's towns properly and that within a day or so, this is done and ready to go. :)
  • jrosen73
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yes, I'm certain it's directly related to those accounts that received the level 26 upgrade. I'm able to login with a different account on the same device that has the server error for me. The error also happens with my account on a device that never received the level 26 update. Lets hope EA gets this fixed...we're missing out on Valentines! :(
  • Mrcatburt
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    Someone posted in the forums that after they cleared their friend requests and had under 50 friends the crashing stopped. Give it a try..
  • crazyant18
    57 posts
    edited February 2013
    I cant even enjoy the update yet. For the 15 seconds I was in I did see I had the Wiggum house. Then it crashed on me and ever since I cannot get back in
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!